Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 20th 2013 new

Let me guess: she makes date bread. faint .

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Let me guess: she makes date bread. .
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Let me guess: she makes date bread. .
--hide--

LOL. I wish I had thought of that! laughing laughing

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Not what I heard. I had it on good authority that she was trying to get out of ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Not what I heard. I had it on good authority that she was trying to get out of the awful cold weather up there and warm her bones. And besides all that, there are a lot of retirees in Florida.

--hide--
Hey Is this Aunt Millie? A CM member? And she is Flying South for the (rest) of the winter; She can bake dow there any kind of bread; date bread rasain bread etc. laughing

Feb 20th 2013 new

I agree with your comments and it seems the ladies I have contacted make one comment and then they are gone. Or they promise to write later, but never do. Can't understand what they are afraid of. I have a very interesting Profile and photos to show my family to them. Comments are made about various persons in my Profile, but nothing ever materilizes. Comments about my smile which seems to indicate I am a family man. Nothing comes from that either. Then I thought a little bit more, perhaps it was because of my age. I am 82 years old, but I look like I'm in my 60's and I am very healthy, take supplements and I gurantee I can dance longer than most younger people. But then my search is around 65 to 80. So if it is not my age, what is the matter? Seems to me the ladies are afraid to make the first move. I always include my name and cell #, hoping for a call. I don't like to email, text, etc..

I have been wondering if a secure phone line to allow the couples to at least talk and perhaps to see each other as the conversation progresses and not be afraid they will be attacked. In my view, if things do not change in this first subcription, I wil have to cancel because it seems to be a great waste of my very valuable time. And I am convince CM could and should make some technologies work, because something like this is very needed.

Have we gotten to the point where we can't socialize with each other anymore, because we are too busy texting, etc. Take a look at the Kids. Everyone is busy texting, etc, but no one is talking to anyone.

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lee-944974 said: I agree with your comments and it seems the ladies I have contacted make one comment and then they ...
(Quote) Lee-944974 said:

I agree with your comments and it seems the ladies I have contacted make one comment and then they are gone. Or they promise to write later, but never do. Can't understand what they are afraid of. I have a very interesting Profile and photos to show my family to them. Comments are made about various persons in my Profile, but nothing ever materilizes. Comments about my smile which seems to indicate I am a family man. Nothing comes from that either. Then I thought a little bit more, perhaps it was because of my age. I am 82 years old, but I look like I'm in my 60's and I am very healthy, take supplements and I gurantee I can dance longer than most younger people. But then my search is around 65 to 80. So if it is not my age, what is the matter? Seems to me the ladies are afraid to make the first move. I always include my name and cell #, hoping for a call. I don't like to email, text, etc..

I have been wondering if a secure phone line to allow the couples to at least talk and perhaps to see each other as the conversation progresses and not be afraid they will be attacked. In my view, if things do not change in this first subcription, I wil have to cancel because it seems to be a great waste of my very valuable time. And I am convince CM could and should make some technologies work, because something like this is very needed.

Have we gotten to the point where we can't socialize with each other anymore, because we are too busy texting, etc. Take a look at the Kids. Everyone is busy texting, etc, but no one is talking to anyone.

--hide--

Lee I visited your page - what a beautiful family you've been graced with! Your age would be a stopper for me as I would like a man closer to my own age, but there are other ladies on this site who are closer in age to you. Have you thought of putting one of your pictures that are on your page as a profile picture so people can see "you" when you post? That might help things along some... Just an idea.

Feb 20th 2013 new

STEVE, WHAT AN UPLIFTING RESPONSE. YOU TAKE GREAT CARE IN EXPLAINING YOUR POINT OF VIEW AND IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED

MARIA fluffy

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) Jay-564527 said: I would add to the posts already given that it als...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
Jay-564527 said:

I would add to the posts already given that it also depends on your location. I am about to move to my third city since joining CM. I have met some very nice people, but the amount of people online relatively close to my area has fluctuated quite a bt. Seems CM is just more popular in certain parts of the US.

I am getting ready to move to Louisville, KY. I did a quick search and after viewing the results I am wondering where did all the catholics go in that area. Versus I looked into a job offer in Chicago and did a search and went wow, look at all the people on CM in that area.

You may be experiencing that as well.

My best friend Pat lives in Louisville and met her husband Dan (from Romulus MI) on CM.. Keep an open mind.. The south Indianapolis metro area is only about 90 minutes from Louisville..You're not that far from Cincinnati and only about 3 hours from Nashville too..

--hide--

And Lexington (great college town with a good amount of people in their 30's and 40's) is just 1 hour, 15 minutes away too. Man, I miss Lexington!

Feb 21st 2013 new

It is really hit or miss Moire. I first decided to give CM a try for a month a year ago - that was it - one month to meet some guys in my new town, maybe go on a few dates and make a few friends. I actually met a great guy who I dated for about 9 months before I broke things off. I've been back again for about 7 weeks. In both of my experiences I've found that it is really hit or miss - I will send emotigrams to a bunch of guys who interest me and many none will respond, or I'll get three responses or whatever.

I have found it easiest to not have any expectations with online dating. You will go through up and down periods where you are talking to guys all the time and then absolutely nothing for a week. This can really get you down. I have been very content to message those who interest me, respond to guys who reach out and find other activities like long walks, adventures with friends or going to the gym to fill the dry spells. I actively stay confident in myself and waiting for "Mr. Right" even if the dry spells are really, really frustrating. This time around I've been lucky to meet another very awesome guy, and to make a few friends. I also spend more time in the forums and blogs so it has been a richer personal experience too.

Feb 21st 2013 new

Hi Moire,

Yes, a "non-practicing" Catholic. What are the odds?

wide eyed

Feb 21st 2013 new

Hi there! Your problem is a real one. I have met people on here. Before that let me tell you sites rely on numbers. I've been on here many years and see new people but also many of the same. Here are a few things I've experienced on the site:

1. Most people want to talk more before they feel safe meeting someone.
2. Not all people can respond
3. Try using in your search the option of active within the last 14 or 30 days (This helps alot if you aren't using it)
4. Be patient some sites are so flooded with people its hard to meet or search anyone and somesites cough cough could use more users
5. Have a friend look at your profile and give you tips

Posts 51 - 60 of 200