Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Christine-924384 said: I think that it would be a great idea if married couples who met here on CM were able to post...
(Quote) Christine-924384 said:

I think that it would be a great idea if married couples who met here on CM were able to post in a specific forum for free. They would not be in the 'pool' of CM people, but could answer questions that single people would like to ask them ie. about their courtship, long distance issues, children, moving, blending of families, etc. I think that their advice could really be beneficial, and instead of just hearing about success stories, we could 'see' them better.

--hide--

I agree with you, Christine! Great idea! It would be so uplifting to read what these married couples and have them answer questions that some might have! Veronicawave

Feb 21st 2013 new

Moire, I have met many from this site. And they have come to see me in Houston, Texas, from many states. My last relationship with a man here lasted for over 6 years! One of my best guy friends also started here on CM! I have met some nice women who I also call friends! So, keep praying and know that all is possible with God! I will say a prayer for you. All God's blessings, Veronica wave theheart

Feb 21st 2013 new

I just signed up this past Monday, and it is definitely a slow response time through messaging, but I wouldn't give up!

Feb 21st 2013 new

I have been on CM for approximately two years. I have met only one person ..."In Person" online. We went to church ..then out to lunch, then to a musuem. It was really an enjoyable day for me. That person made me feel like I was important and fun to be around. I did not want the day to end. I think I am having difficulties meeting the right woman..mainly because most of the woman I am attracted to are living their lives in remote classy places ..I only wish that I were living. The high maitenience kinds ..like flight attendants. I have had some good faith ...or someone watching out over me lately..because I am starting to attract the 'right kind" of person. Mainly because I am being honest with who I am ..and in my career. Hope to keep up the good work and pray to God that he/she will send me someone to spend my life with ..cause I ain't getting any younger baby!

Feb 21st 2013 new

I'm averaging 1 face to face per year about three years now- but I keep coming back-lol

Feb 21st 2013 new

[quote/]Lee-944974 said:

I agree with your comments and it seems the ladies I have contacted make one comment and then they are gone. Or they promise to write later, but never do. Can't understand what they are afraid of. I have a very interesting Profile and photos to show my family to them. Comments are made about various persons in my Profile, but nothing ever materilizes. Comments about my smile which seems to indicate I am a family man. Nothing comes from that either. Then I thought a little bit more, perhaps it was because of my age. I am 82 years old, but I look like I'm in my 60's and I am very healthy, take supplements and I gurantee I can dance longer than most younger people. But then my search is around 65 to 80. So if it is not my age, what is the matter? Seems to me the ladies are afraid to make the first move. I always include my name and cell #, hoping for a call. I don't like to email, text, etc..

I have been wondering if a secure phone line to allow the couples to at least talk and perhaps to see each other as the conversation progresses and not be afraid they will be attacked. In my view, if things do not change in this first subcription, I wil have to cancel because it seems to be a great waste of my very valuable time. And I am convince CM could and should make some technologies work, because something like this is very needed.

Have we gotten to the point where we can't socialize with each other anymore, because we are too busy texting, etc. Take a look at the Kids. Everyone is busy texting, etc, but no one is talking to anyone.

[quote/]

God bless you Lee! ! I hope I have the kind of gumption at that age...God willing I live that long. And yes...there is not enough "face-to-face" communication left in this technical world.

As far as finding someone on this site...I am 1/2thru my first month (first time) and have found myself a bit disappointed with the lack of response. I do usually respond or initiate contact with some reference to the guy's profile. This a.m. I was just going to let the month expire and be done...but many of your response s and hints have convinced me to give it a go! Have a blessed eve to all.

Feb 21st 2013 new

And obviously still learning my way around rolling eyes

Feb 21st 2013 new

Well, practice makes perfect. LOL!

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: And obviously still learning my way around
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

And obviously still learning my way around

--hide--

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: (Quote) Lee-944974 said: I agree with your comments and it seems the ladie...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

[quote]Lee-944974 said:

I agree with your comments and it seems the ladies I have contacted make one comment and then they are gone. Or they promise to write later, but never do. Can't understand what they are afraid of. I have a very interesting Profile and photos to show my family to them. Comments are made about various persons in my Profile, but nothing ever materilizes. Comments about my smile which seems to indicate I am a family man. Nothing comes from that either. Then I thought a little bit more, perhaps it was because of my age. I am 82 years old, but I look like I'm in my 60's and I am very healthy, take supplements and I gurantee I can dance longer than most younger people. But then my search is around 65 to 80. So if it is not my age, what is the matter? Seems to me the ladies are afraid to make the first move. I always include my name and cell #, hoping for a call. I don't like to email, text, etc..

I have been wondering if a secure phone line to allow the couples to at least talk and perhaps to see each other as the conversation progresses and not be afraid they will be attacked. In my view, if things do not change in this first subcription, I wil have to cancel because it seems to be a great waste of my very valuable time. And I am convince CM could and should make some technologies work, because something like this is very needed.

Have we gotten to the point where we can't socialize with each other anymore, because we are too busy texting, etc. Take a look at the Kids. Everyone is busy texting, etc, but no one is talking to anyone.

[

God bless you Lee! ! I hope I have the kind of gumption at that age...God willing I live that long. And yes...there is not enough "face-to-face" communication left in this technical world.

As far as finding someone on this site...I am 1/2thru my first month (first time) and have found myself a bit disappointed with the lack of response. I do usually respond or initiate contact with some reference to the guy's profile. This a.m. I was just going to let the month expire and be done...but many of your response s and hints have convinced me to give it a go! Have a blessed eve to all.

--hide--

Susan, I think it takes a bit to get the hang of CM - I would give it another month for sure. It helps to post in the Forum (as you did!) often, to not wait to receive messages but to SEND them and to develop a resilient attitude when you receive less than promising results. I do know personally several people who found their spouse this way. Good luck!

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over th...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over the past few years. I originally signed up two or three years ago, but after "chatting" with guys for weeks on end none of them ever asked me out, so I wound up canceling my subscription. This time around it seems even worse; I've only been in contact with one guy and he IMs, rather than messages me, which I have a harder time with personally since I am up and around a lot. I've sent emoticons/short messages to several other guys with no response.

I mean, I'm fully aware it might just be me, but... I don't get it. Again, I've been on other sites, and even though I may not be in a relationship I at least got lots of dates and met some nice/interesting people. What's the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

--hide--
Moire, I know how you feel, I havn't met anyone either and I've been on the site since October.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200