Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Moire-630682 said: I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over th...
(Quote) Moire-630682 said:

I'm giving this site another shot after trying (at last count) 6-7 other dating sites over the past few years. I originally signed up two or three years ago, but after "chatting" with guys for weeks on end none of them ever asked me out, so I wound up canceling my subscription. This time around it seems even worse; I've only been in contact with one guy and he IMs, rather than messages me, which I have a harder time with personally since I am up and around a lot. I've sent emoticons/short messages to several other guys with no response.

I mean, I'm fully aware it might just be me, but... I don't get it. Again, I've been on other sites, and even though I may not be in a relationship I at least got lots of dates and met some nice/interesting people. What's the deal? Has anyone else encountered this?

--hide--

I met someone the first day I signed up on here laughing

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) John-917143 said: I met someone the first day I signed up on here
(Quote) John-917143 said:

I met someone the first day I signed up on here

--hide--

Oh, what a coincidence, John. So did I. scratchchin

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lizzy-941588 said: (Quote) John-917143 said: I met someone the first day I signed up...
(Quote) Lizzy-941588 said:

Quote:
John-917143 said:

Oh, what a coincidence, John. So did I.

--hide--
Is it Lizzy + John scratchchin shhh

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: (Quote) Lizzy-941588 said: (Quote) John-917143 said: <...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Quote:
Lizzy-941588 said:

Quote:
John-917143 said:

Oh, what a coincidence, John. So did I.

Is it Lizzy + John eyebrow

--hide--
Just asking? eyebrow

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Yes. biggrin haha

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lizzy-941588 said: Yes. haha

Yes. haha

--hide--

Shenanigans!

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lizzy-941588 said: Yes. haha

Yes. haha

--hide--
clap wave

Feb 22nd 2013 new

So not shenanigans! D:

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Like you, I've become discouraged with this site. I've religiously (no pun intended) looked through the matches I've received and sent out emotiograms. I always acknowledge anyone who views my profile by thanking them as a matter of courtesy. I find it disconcerting when I fail to get responses. I wonder what's wrong with me. As this is the first time I've ever put myself out there on a dating site, I think my expectations may have been entirely too high. I also think I felt that individuals on a "Catholic" site would be here because they were serious about finding someone to share their faith and that bond would make meeting someone easier.

Prior to reading your post and the responses, I had definitely decided that I wasn't going to renew my subscription when it is scheduled to expire in April. Maybe I'll re-think my decision and take the advice of individuals on this site and give it another shot.

God Bless.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

Jesus fell three times and he never gave up. Never give up on your dreams. They are what keep me going when I get frustrated and want to quit. Never ever give up.

Posts 71 - 80 of 200