Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-902617 said: David, The only acceptable time for bright orange teeth is during a Bengals/Browns footba...
(Quote) Lois-902617 said:

David,

The only acceptable time for bright orange teeth is during a Bengals/Browns football game and we all know who would win that event.
--hide--

I can go along with that.

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Guess that rules out the Florida guys who caught the 11' python in the Everglades hunt?
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Guess that rules out the Florida guys who caught the 11' python in the Everglades hunt?

--hide--
Totally. Only exception would be to save me from one and NOT think it could become a pet:)
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has been posted refer to deal breakers that can only discerned after getting to know the other person more. My question here refers to deal breakers that are "apparent and readily discernible from the written profile" as presented here. So, solely based on one's written profile, what are the deal breakers for you that will sufficiently make you say "sorry, but I think we are not a match" or maybe say NEXT! The more specific the responses, the better. And we are talking solely of those that one can appreciate from the written profile as presented.

Also, what are your thoughts about the person going into specifics as to why they think you're not a match? E.g. "I am sorry but I think we are not a match because ____________". Notwithstanding the emotion associated with rejection, I feel that I can deal with it better knowing what made the lady think we are not a match rather than be kept wondering why... but then again, that might just be me.

Thanks!

--hide--
Good thread, Kahirup. Match.com recently did a survey, and the 2 major deal breakers are bad spelling and/or grammar and bad teeth. Pays to visit the dentist occasionally and take the time to do a spell check. biggrin

Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, those who do not wa...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, those who do not want to attempt to have children of their own, and low maintenance to the point of careless appearance. Not into slobs or super tomboys. Sorry. I want you to play on my co-rec team but have a dress(es) for special occasions or for professional reasons.

--hide--
It all makes sense to me. Knowing what you want and need is half the battle. As far as accepting children should God create them in my marriage... OF COURSE! I would absolutely have it no other way.I am just saying that at 47, it is probably not going to happen barring a miracle. Loving someones children is something I could and would hope to do if he had them.
Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Lynn-189934 said: My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive,...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:
Quote:
Lynn-189934 said:

My dealbreakers are women who aren't within a half-day drive, at this point, those who do not want to attempt to have children of their own, and low maintenance to the point of careless appearance. Not into slobs or super tomboys. Sorry. I want you to play on my co-rec team but have a dress(es) for special occasions or for professional reasons.

It all makes sense to me. Knowing what you want and need is half the battle. As far as accepting children should God create them in my marriage... OF COURSE! I would absolutely have it no other way.I am just saying that at 47, it is probably not going to happen barring a miracle. Loving someones children is something I could and would hope to do if he had them.
--hide--
Oh and I own more than a couple of dresses ha ha ha
Feb 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Lynn-189934 said: My dealbreakers are women who ...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:
Quote:
Loretta-678584 said:
Quote:
Lynn-189934 said:

Oh and I own more than a couple of dresses ha ha ha
--hide--
Sorry one more time... I don;t know why this wasn't on my first response. The only reason that men with no LDRS are deal breakers at all is... If I live to far away from them there is no point in trying to say hello to them. They have shut the door not me. I would love to meet someone locally but I am trying to keep my options open. I have adult children and it is not completely out of the question for me to consider ultimately living else where. I can see how my original post may have seemed that I would not even consider local gentlemen... that is not the case I assure you. In fact, I have gone out with a few fairly local guys from CM
Feb 19th 2013 new
It's an interesting question, because it's impossible to fully capture a person in...what, maybe a couple thousand words? I do think you can learn a lot about a person - albeit not a complete picture - based on what they said and also what they didn't say. When I'm looking at a profile for the first time, I'm looking to see anything that resonates. Are they "real" enough to me that I could see myself enjoying a conversation with this person?

However, I'm assuming most of us are here because we're hoping to meet the person they're going spend the rest of their lives with. If his "My Ideal Match" section makes me go, "Hmmm...that's not me," it wouldn't be fair to waste his time when I know I can't be what he's looking for. Ditto if it's apparent our lifestyles are not compatible: e.g., smoking, drinks/parties a lot, etc. Also ditto if he has a "holier than thou; I'm God's sin cop" kind of attitude to others.

If you don't mind my straying from the "written" part of the profile to answer your question, one of my biggest deal-breakers is if most/all of his pictures are of him with ex-girlfriends or groups of women who aren't family. It tells me we probably don't want the same things from a relationship. As Jacqueline said a few posts up, I'm not here interested in being with a player.
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Totally. Only exception would be to save me from one and NOT think it could become a pet:)
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Totally. Only exception would be to save me from one and NOT think it could become a pet:)
--hide--

A trusted python is a great guard snake.

Feb 19th 2013 new

Dealbreakers for me are never married, smokers, drink more than rarely, too much older than me, too far away and won't relocate, doesn't have their faith as a part of their daily life, doesn't attend mass weekly, wants a super slim woman, and sometimes the results of the personality test is a dealbreaker. Anything in the written profile that turns me off or something in the ideal match that I know I don't fit the idea of what he wants.

Feb 19th 2013 new

I try to be a little forgiving and understanding, but I'd have to say the biggest deal breaker is when they disagree on the Church's position on pre-marital sex. It's disappointing how many people here do say "no" to that tenet.

Posts 21 - 30 of 94