Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: My brow furrows more and more as I read a man's laundry list of his super-ideal, super-busy, super-toned, s...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

My brow furrows more and more as I read a man's laundry list of his super-ideal, super-busy, super-toned, super-athletic, super-attractive, super-world traveler, super-sexy, super-fun party girl. To me, it doesn't appear this 'super-man' is looking for anything more than a fun date.

No thanks. GOod luck!

I am more interested in a man who desires to build a family, to create a warm and welcoming home together, to pray together and help each other get to heaven, to practice our Catholic faith in small, daily ways, to meet his lifelong companion and helpmate, to meet a woman who greets him with a genuine smile and one he can't wait to come home to, to find the woman God intends for him to love, protect, honor and share life's journey with.

That is how I describe MY Superman.

--hide--

Yes. I agree. The extensive litany of superficial requirements (related to a certain look)is a turn off for me also. Especially when they also want someone "low maintainance" and "humble". Really!!! Doesn't everyone want someone both attractive to them and low maintainance. Give me a break.

It's OK to want someone who is attractive, but should it be stated so conditionally so that it is a priority over character? The tactful way to learn whether someone is attractive is to look at profile pictures, and to communicate and meet.
Feb 20th 2013 new

Let's hear 'em, Andrew. wave

Feb 20th 2013 new

Good point.

I'm not good with animals, and living with my husband's dog was a nightmare. I really don't know if I could do that again.

Feb 20th 2013 new

Oh, come on. At least you know she's a straight-shooter. mischievous

Feb 20th 2013 new

Dealbreakers for me:

smokers (the smell of the smoke gives me a headache) having no common interests being open to premarital sex and/or contraception having no pictures not being willing to move or have a long-distance relationship being divorced (I might make an exception for annulled, but that still makes me nervous) It's also a turnoff if the grammar and punctuation on the profile aren't great. I feel like a snob for saying that, but I have to admit that it makes a difference to me.

Of course, I'm just looking for friendship right now and I'm a little more lax with my frienships, but if I were looking for a relationship, I'd be watching out for these things.

Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Dealbreakers for me: smokers (the smell of the smoke gives me a headache) having no commo...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Dealbreakers for me:

smokers (the smell of the smoke gives me a headache) having no common interests being open to premarital sex and/or contraception having no pictures not being willing to move or have a long-distance relationship being divorced (I might make an exception for annulled, but that still makes me nervous) It's also a turnoff if the grammar and punctuation on the profile aren't great. I feel like a snob for saying that, but I have to admit that it makes a difference to me.

Of course, I'm just looking for friendship right now and I'm a little more lax with my frienships, but if I were looking for a relationship, I'd be watching out for these things.

--hide--

Haha! laughing Yikes, speaking of bad punctuation, my post has no commas in it! Sorry, I tried to do bullet points and they didn't show up. Apparently we can't delete or edit posts after they're posted, either. scratchchin

Feb 20th 2013 new

Excellent response.smile

Feb 20th 2013 new

Smokers. My husband died of lung cancer.

Not being willing to take a chance on a long distance relationship.

Catholics are in the minority in my area of Virginia. Single Catholic men in my area are either much too old or much too young for me. (Ten years in either direction is kind of my limit.) My best options are probably at least half a day's drive away or more. I love traveling and driving, so LDR is not a deal breaker for me and shouldn't be in someone I reach out to.

Feb 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Dealbreakers for me: smokers (the smell of the smoke gives me a headache) having no common...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Dealbreakers for me:

smokers (the smell of the smoke gives me a headache)

having no common interests

being open to premarital sex and/or contraception

having no pictures

not being willing to move or have a long-distance relationship

being divorced (I might make an exception for annulled, but that still makes me nervous)

It's also a turnoff if the grammar and punctuation on the profile aren't great. I feel like a snob for saying that, but I have to admit that it makes a difference to me.

--hide--

Smoking is an issue for me also. I personally don't feel smoking has anything to do with how good or bad a person would be as a potential spouse, it's more a matter of health. My father died of a long struggle with lung cancer directly as a result of smoking since he was 13. Who knew back then- but we know better now. His illness was devastating to me, my mother and family emotionally, pysically and financially. No offense to any fine people here who are smokers, especially if you're trying to quit, but I don't want to put myself in the position my mother was in. It's really a touch choice.
Feb 20th 2013 new
The one real deal breaker that would concern me would be someone who doesn't accept the church's teaching on the sanctity of life. I would have a hard time with that.
Posts 41 - 50 of 94