Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Game players...and I don't mean the video variety. One thing that really puts me off is a m...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

Game players...and I don't mean the video variety. One thing that really puts me off is a man that needs to tell me that he's writing to this one and that one and this one...I mean, we all correspond with many people at the same time, it's a given, but I don't need to hear about, ESPECIALLYL if he chooses to say the same thing to all the women he corresponds with, seriously?! For a young man just getting into the dating scene, maybe, but the man in his 40's 50's and maybe beyond...errr...no...frat boy mentality not acceptable!! Just saying...Those allergic to saying the truth, yeah, don't care for those neither.

--hide--

Some people feel compelled to point out that they are talking to several other people.. Somebody tells me that and they will be talking to one less because I don't want to know about all the 'others'.. I feel like it's a waste of my time talking to Mr Popularity.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: A trusted python is a great guard snake.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

A trusted python is a great guard snake.

--hide--

There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the lid on their tank loose..

02/20/2013 new

I've never really liked the term, 'Deal Breakers' (although I suppose it is as accurate as any term). I prefer to think of it as a realistic appreciation for what will or won't work. Many things may not 'jive' perfectly with 2 people's life styles or preferences... but often that doesn't mean that some very workable compromise can't be figured out.

The things that I give a considerable amount of weight to when deciding if this other person is someone whom I'd like to learn more about or not is; 1) Does he smoke? (I'm pretty allergic to smoke and I watched my dad struggle with and eventually die from COPD.) 2) Is he expecting someone to give him heirs to his throne - so to speak? wink If they are willing to consider adoption then we might have room for discussion but biologically, I think that ship may have sailed for me. 3) Does he not respect the sanctity of life? 4) Is he a vegan? - Hey, I'm sorry but I am a pretty good cook and love to cook and eat a variety of types of food. I think I'd have an aneurysm just trying to figure out what ingredients would even be left to cook with by a vegan's standards. 4) Do they dislike or are allergic to pets? I enjoy critters - always have. 5) Are they covered with tats and piercings? (Sorry but 1 or 2 of either, I might be fine with depending on - well.... content or placement; but I just can't wrap my head around too much of that stuff.) 6) Do they seem to be looking for perfection.....because quite honestly, I'm a continual work in progress! heart

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has bee...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has been posted refer to deal breakers that can only discerned after getting to know the other person more. My question here refers to deal breakers that are "apparent and readily discernible from the written profile" as presented here. So, solely based on one's written profile, what are the deal breakers for you that will sufficiently make you say "sorry, but I think we are not a match" or maybe say NEXT! The more specific the responses, the better. And we are talking solely of those that one can appreciate from the written profile as presented.

Also, what are your thoughts about the person going into specifics as to why they think you're not a match? E.g. "I am sorry but I think we are not a match because ____________". Notwithstanding the emotion associated with rejection, I feel that I can deal with it better knowing what made the lady think we are not a match rather than be kept wondering why... but then again, that might just be me.

Thanks!

--hide--

A "Catholic" man who doesn't believe in the church's teaching on the sanctity of life and the eucharist is a deal breaker. A Catholic who doesn't believe in the Eucharist?!?!? Sounds more like a christian, not a Catholic. I don't have to be with a 7/7, but at least most. I've seen some 0/7 say that their faith is part of their daily lives. ????
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Good thread, Kahirup. Match.com recently did a survey, and the 2 major deal breakers are bad spel...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Good thread, Kahirup. Match.com recently did a survey, and the 2 major deal breakers are bad spelling and/or grammar and bad teeth. Pays to visit the dentist occasionally and take the time to do a spell check.

--hide--

If someone writes to me using bad grammar including word usage errors, that's a definite deal breaker for me. If they can't write, then they probably can't speak intelligently either. If someone says they only only occasionally call upon their faith, that's who I will pass by with no question.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: My deal breakers are smokers, and someone with pet reptiles, especially snakes.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: My deal breakers are smokers, and someone with pet reptiles, especially snakes.
--hide--

I like reptiles, I could catchone outside the back door most days- but I guess I know who NOT to offer the desensitization workshop for :o)

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) onna-83441 said:There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the lid on t...
(Quote) onna-83441 said:There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the lid on their tank loose.
--hide--

OH NO- I am going to have nightmares over that one- snakes like to be warm and my former tiny puppy sleeps in her new owner's bed(or so I have been told)

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Alfred-929041 said: I try to be a little forgiving and understanding, but I'd have to say the biggest deal break...
(Quote) Alfred-929041 said:

I try to be a little forgiving and understanding, but I'd have to say the biggest deal breaker is when they disagree on the Church's position on pre-marital sex. It's disappointing how many people here do say "no" to that tenet.

--hide--

Alfred- you are quite correct if this is taken literally, but just look at the number of blondes on here who state they are Native Americans, not to be starting a blond joke- really how many blue eyed blondes are of native american extraction in this country(yes I do know of two) and many of the seven are answered not from the heart but off the cuff- might be as bad as poor grammar- will someone PLEASE help me with mine?

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: Alfred- you are quite correct if this is taken literally, but just look at the number of blond...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

Alfred- you are quite correct if this is taken literally, but just look at the number of blondes on here who state they are Native Americans, not to be starting a blond joke- really how many blue eyed blondes are of native american extraction in this country(yes I do know of two) and many of the seven are answered not from the heart but off the cuff- might be as bad as poor grammar- will someone PLEASE help me with mine?

--hide--

You'd be surprised how many Native Americans are blue eyed and blonde, lol . .. or redheaded. Lot's of admixture in populations today and some have always been fairer than others.

02/20/2013 new

I don't have many non-negotiables:

1. Must have a lively, engaging, cheerful personality (I've tried the cardboard thing and it didn't go well)

2. Must have a semi-decent intellect (I've tried the brainless thing and had to take an Advil before I could go to sleep because of the headache).

3. Must want to make a life where we are now. After living in 5 states in 4 years, I've found HOME and I don't see myself leaving here anytime soon.

4. I'm okay with moving someday but being required to move to the center of nowhere OR where I cannot find work to support--or contribute to the support of--my family isn't something I can negotiate on. Having spent a not insignificant piece of my 20's unemployed, unemployment holds exactly zero appeal to me for the rest of my life.

5. Must love children. I'm the first of 9 kids and while I do NOT want anywhere near the 9 my parents had, children are a must for me. I was told a few years ago that being as good as I am with children it would be almost a crime to not want children of my own.

-Dan

Posts 51 - 60 of 94