Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: I like reptiles, I could catchone outside the back door most days- but I guess I know who NOT ...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

I like reptiles, I could catchone outside the back door most days- but I guess I know who NOT to offer the desensitization workshop for :o)

--hide--

You could offer the workshop, however, I would probably call in sick. The best part of having a tornado warning the night by son's cub scout troop had the reptiles visit was that I had an excuse to leave the gym to "watch the weather". Then what does he do for an Eagle Scout project? Build snake boxes/traps to help capture and relocate an endangered species. Fortunately he did not have to do any relocating or it would have been without maternal supervision.

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: A "Catholic" man who doesn't believe in the church's teaching on the sanctity of lif...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

A "Catholic" man who doesn't believe in the church's teaching on the sanctity of life and the eucharist is a deal breaker. A Catholic who doesn't believe in the Eucharist?!?!? Sounds more like a christian, not a Catholic. I don't have to be with a 7/7, but at least most. I've seen some 0/7 say that their faith is part of their daily lives. ????
--hide--
Ive seen some of the 0/7 also on the church's teachings and I hope it's because the may have just misunderstood and answered wrong.
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: A trusted python is a great guard snake.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

A trusted python is a great guard snake.

--hide--

I'll stick with a German Shepherd .... Thanks much Bob.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall as...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the lid on their tank loose..

--hide--

Donna -- great insight!!

02/20/2013 new
(Quote) Dave-146273 said: Anyone that puts "dealbreaker" in their profile..
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Anyone that puts "dealbreaker" in their profile..

--hide--

Touche, Dave. thumbsup
02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There is no such thing as a trusted python.. They are just waiting for you to fall asleep with the lid on their tank loose..

--hide--

Look at this way. Falling asleep w/ the lid on their tank loose means you might receive a SUPERhug.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-750000 said: Nice post Tracy! I will add that the same feeling occurs to me when I read a womans laundry list...
(Quote) Joseph-750000 said:

Nice post Tracy! I will add that the same feeling occurs to me when I read a womans laundry list of her ideal 'superman' Either way, these people are blind to real love. They fail to see the blessings in front of them, rather, seeing only what they wish to create. That's NOT love, but your second paragraph describes love very well!

--hide--

Thanks Joseph. I am not an authority on many subjects, but I do know this kind of love...total, complete, joyful, unconditional married love. I gave and received it for 32 years. That's the funny thing about experiencing love ~ the more one gives it away, the more one receives it back. I have much love left to give and am ready to welcome and embrace love once again.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I'll stick with a German Shepherd .... Thanks much Bob.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said:

I'll stick with a German Shepherd .... Thanks much Bob.

--hide--

Woof Woof.

02/20/2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Thanks Joseph. I am not an authority on many subjects, but I do know this kind of love...tota...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Thanks Joseph. I am not an authority on many subjects, but I do know this kind of love...total, complete, joyful, unconditional married love. I gave and received it for 32 years. That's the funny thing about experiencing love ~ the more one gives it away, the more one receives it back. I have much love left to give and am ready to welcome and embrace love once again.

--hide--

That's the way I feel about this as well Tracy!

02/21/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: That's the way I feel about this as well Tracy!
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

That's the way I feel about this as well Tracy!

--hide--

Well, good for you, Lauren! I pray the good Lord grants your heart's desire.

Posts 61 - 70 of 94