Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I know this has been previously discussed. But in the last thread about deal breakers, a lot of what has been posted refer to deal breakers that can only discerned after getting to know the other person more. My question here refers to deal breakers that are "apparent and readily discernible from the written profile" as presented here. So, solely based on one's written profile, what are the deal breakers for you that will sufficiently make you say "sorry, but I think we are not a match" or maybe say NEXT! The more specific the responses, the better. And we are talking solely of those that one can appreciate from the written profile as presented.

Also, what are your thoughts about the person going into specifics as to why they think you're not a match? E.g. "I am sorry but I think we are not a match because ____________". Notwithstanding the emotion associated with rejection, I feel that I can deal with it better knowing what made the lady think we are not a match rather than be kept wondering why... but then again, that might just be me.

Thanks!

--hide--

+

Deal Breakers:

(1) The answer "no" to any one of the seven faith questions

(2) The answer "no" to "free to marry?"

(3) Someone who smokes

(4) Someone who watches too much t.v.

(5) Someone who admits drinking too much

Can't think of anything else! smile

Feb 21st 2013 new

I just wanted to add the thought that if any person's "dealmaker" is honesty and openness, they'll surely find a match with one of the posters in this thread... :)

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: You'd be surprised how many Native Americans are blue eyed and blonde, lol . .. or ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

You'd be surprised how many Native Americans are blue eyed and blonde, lol . .. or redheaded. Lot's of admixture in populations today and some have always been fairer than others.

--hide--

My point is I have learned that what is in a persons profile
is not what it seems to be, some is meant to puff up the
profile and some is meant to scare way past mistakes....

My deal breaker- a limited outlook
I need to see places and do things...

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Woof Woof.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Woof Woof.

--hide--
Thanks for coming around to 'my side' Bob
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: You could offer the workshop, however, I would probably call in sick. The best part o...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said:

You could offer the workshop, however, I would probably call in sick. The best part of having a tornado warning the night by son's cub scout troop had the reptiles visit was that I had an excuse to leave the gym to "watch the weather". Then what does he do for an Eagle Scout project? Build snake boxes/traps to help capture and relocate an endangered species. Fortunately he did not have to do any relocating or it would have been without maternal supervision.

--hide--

WOW, I assume it was rattlesnakes- cannot think of any other
snakes worth saving.
So is he finished with the scouts?
Outdoors stuff would be a dealmaker for me
I can chalk off snowshoeing now, but I still need to try it in some deep powdercloud fluffy

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said:5) Someone who admits drinking too much Can't think of anything else!
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:5) Someone who admits drinking too much

Can't think of anything else!

--hide--

I remember the night when one drink was too muchfaint
and then there was college- we need to teach kids how to drink
wine is so much better than the teen drinksshhh

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Ive seen some of the 0/7 also on the church's teachings and I hope it's because the may have just misunderst...
(Quote) Bob-644239 said: Ive seen some of the 0/7 also on the church's teachings and I hope it's because the may have just misunderstood and answered wrong.
--hide--

I certainly hope they misunderstood also. Sometimes I want to write them to ask if they've made a mistake, but i don't want to start anything, especially if it's not a mistake. How can it be that some people are 0/7 and yet say their faith is "part of their daily life" or answer "yes" to considering religious vocation. I've seen this.
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Alfred-929041 said: I try to be a little forgiving and understanding, but I'd have to say the biggest deal break...
(Quote) Alfred-929041 said:

I try to be a little forgiving and understanding, but I'd have to say the biggest deal breaker is when they disagree on the Church's position on pre-marital sex. It's disappointing how many people here do say "no" to that tenet.

--hide--
Really? I know most men have issue with the premarital tenet, but it's a surprise to hear women too. surprised

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Thanks for coming around to 'my side' Bob
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Thanks for coming around to 'my side' Bob
--hide--

Arf Arf. Woof Woof. You're welcome Elizabeth.

Feb 21st 2013 new

I guess the only deal breaker is that you are currently married or seeing someone, yeah that's not going to work.

For me a huge turn off is when a man refers to his sexuality on a profile and posts cheesy body building type shots essentially bragging about his physique, so mortified by that stuff!

Posts 71 - 80 of 94