Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: We'll have to set up a consortium to share these guys. But first we have to find them...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

We'll have to set up a consortium to share these guys.

But first we have to find them. Are there ANY men posting on this thread?

--hide--
Hi Marge, O K , I'll try the Tennyson jaunt ( well maybe just a quarter league lol ) . ( and Kipling's response is a whole 'nother discussion....)

Straight up honesty, integrity, grounded in Faith, exploring curiosity, eager to magic with kids, not quite completely "civilized", conversant, but seeking solitude when necessary, and other things that show involvement and awareness.

This is not a "must have " list. I think a degree of intensity about something ( even if I disagree or don't care for the subject ) can be the supporting framework for many different sorts of talents and abilities and outreaches that attract.

I am attracted to those who allow their heart and mind to soar out through their eyes to engage me, and match their words to their steps.

I guess it is the interaction and transaction more than any specific talent that is the shining lure, along with the willingness to work with God to bring forth that third entity in His plan.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing p...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I'm attracted to a spiritual man especially if he can sing and play an instrument and sing praise to God. It isn't a prerequisite, but it does attract me.

--hide--

I'm attracted to a woman who is:
prayerful
attractive in terms of her personality
kind
humourous
smiles a lot
kind
sharing
a woman of faith
and who believes the best in life is yet to come

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: We'll have to set up a consortium to share these guys. But first we have to find them...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

We'll have to set up a consortium to share these guys.

But first we have to find them. Are there ANY men posting on this thread?

--hide--

Ladies, Ladies please I can only be in one place at a time!! mischievous

Though I describe my ideal as a cat.

Feminine, Intelligent, loving, maternal and family orientated, independant, a will of her own, good for a laugh, gives as good as she gets, stands for her rights but compromises and complements (not in the praise sence but the character/values/moral sense).

A person of adventure and humour, and prepared to rein me in on my more exurburant adventures. I have done lots of jobs journalist, nurse, communications runner, artist author, policy analyst, so someone who can tollerate the change would probably help.

I dont mention Spirtually specifically because I assume it, and would like to be able to walk with her through her spiritual journey, but ultimately I believe it is her path to tread as she wants, with guidance and support from me and vice versa.

A good listener, as I talk alot, a conversationalist as I like a good debate, and all rounder in the news and events of the world as I love history, current affairs, religous studies and lots of creative things. Sorry cant play an instrument and my singing makes a blackboard sound pleasant, but I do it any way. sad

Feb 21st 2013 new

Sorry, Bernie, I want my full half league! mischievous

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:I guess it is the interaction and transaction more than any specific talent that is the shining lure, al...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:I guess it is the interaction and transaction more than any specific talent that is the shining lure, along with the willingness to work with God to bring forth that third entity in His plan.
--hide--

I think right there you have just defined "chemistry".

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Ladies, Ladies please I can only be in one place at a time!!
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Ladies, Ladies please I can only be in one place at a time!!

--hide--

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh! Pick South Dakota Patrick, pick South Dakota!

Feb 21st 2013 new
A man who understands me . . . has a great smile and a keen sense of humor.
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: For you, I'd make an exception to the list.....
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

For you, I'd make an exception to the list.....

--hide--

Thank you, darlin. biggrin

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Marge, O K , I'll try the Tennyson jaunt ( well maybe just a quarter league lol ) . ( and Kipling'...
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Marge, O K , I'll try the Tennyson jaunt ( well maybe just a quarter league lol ) . ( and Kipling's response is a whole 'nother discussion....)

Straight up honesty, integrity, grounded in Faith, exploring curiosity, eager to magic with kids, not quite completely "civilized", conversant, but seeking solitude when necessary, and other things that show involvement and awareness.

This is not a "must have " list. I think a degree of intensity about something ( even if I disagree or don't care for the subject ) can be the supporting framework for many different sorts of talents and abilities and outreaches that attract.

I am attracted to those who allow their heart and mind to soar out through their eyes to engage me, and match their words to their steps.

I guess it is the interaction and transaction more than any specific talent that is the shining lure, along with the willingness to work with God to bring forth that third entity in His plan.

--hide--

Bernie, do you mean someone with strong convictions attracts you? If I think of the converse of this, someone with wishy-washy thinking, or an easy flip-flopper, that is unattractive to me, e.g., someone who is easily influenced by others, or requires others to make decisions.
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said: Ladies, Ladies please I can only be in one place at a time!! Though I describ...
(Quote) Patrick-624504 said:

Ladies, Ladies please I can only be in one place at a time!!

Though I describe my ideal as a cat.

Feminine, Intelligent, loving, maternal and family orientated, independant, a will of her own, good for a laugh, gives as good as she gets, stands for her rights but compromises and complements (not in the praise sence but the character/values/moral sense).

A person of adventure and humour, and prepared to rein me in on my more exurburant adventures. I have done lots of jobs journalist, nurse, communications runner, artist author, policy analyst, so someone who can tollerate the change would probably help.

I dont mention Spirtually specifically because I assume it, and would like to be able to walk with her through her spiritual journey, but ultimately I believe it is her path to tread as she wants, with guidance and support from me and vice versa.

A good listener, as I talk alot, a conversationalist as I like a good debate, and all rounder in the news and events of the world as I love history, current affairs, religous studies and lots of creative things. Sorry cant play an instrument and my singing makes a blackboard sound pleasant, but I do it any way.

--hide--

This is so funny; woman as feline. laughing
Feb 21st 2013 new

I am attracted to someone who sings out in church. That has the courage to sing. I am attracted to the sexy curvatious types. Call me old fashioned. I would like to be with someone to hold hands with during the "our father" in church...the simple things. Someone to grow in the catholic faith together. Like going to RCIA. Someone who has been to parochial school and has a good grasp of the catholic faith. Not like these liberals that do not have faith. I would enjoy being with someone who is beautiful on the outside as well as inside. I want it all...the whole package...and I think I deserve it .

Posts 31 - 40 of 90