Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Gas prices

Feb 19th 2013 new

I noticed this morning that gas prices are creeping up again. I wonder which lie they are going to use this time? I don't believe any of them, and I don't know why they just won't admit that it is motivated by greed. Pure and simple.

Feb 19th 2013 new

If you think gas prices are bad here, be glad you don't live in Europe.

Feb 19th 2013 new

Last week they said on the radio the reason gas prices keep going up is becasue the economy is getting better! I guess they just think we are ab bunch of drone aunts that have no minds of our own. I paid $3.99 a gallon yesterday and that is considered cheap for this area. duck hissyfit Praying

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: If you think gas prices are bad here, be glad you don't live in Europe.
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

If you think gas prices are bad here, be glad you don't live in Europe.

--hide--

Speaking of gas prices in Europe. When I went to Cologne, Germany for World Youth Day in 2005 with the Newman Center from college, we passed by a gas station (this was when gas prices were a little above $2.00 a gallon here in the US) as saw that the gas price was above a dollar but below $2.00 and we all were like wow, gas is way cheaper over here until our tour guide told us gas prices here are by the litter not the gallon.

Gas prices over in western Wisconsin are somewhere around $3.79 and yes, I feel it is more greed than anything else. It makes me think that the people who own the gas industry must have holes in their pockets. boggled

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I noticed this morning that gas prices are creeping up again. I wonder which lie they are going ...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

I noticed this morning that gas prices are creeping up again. I wonder which lie they are going to use this time? I don't believe any of them, and I don't know why they just won't admit that it is motivated by greed. Pure and simple.

--hide--

Here in northern Florida, prices have more than crept up. Last week, the price ranged from $3.69 to $3.74. This week, it's going from $3.87 to $3.93. It'll probably be over four dollars per gallon next week. irked

Heard on the radio the other day that when the current president was elected the first time, gas prices were averaging $1.84/gallon nationwide. Wow! eyepopping What I wouldn't give for gas prices like that.

Also heard that the U.S. is sitting on the biggest supply of fossil fuels in the world. Just wish we would tap into it a little to bring prices down a bit.

Feb 19th 2013 new

What's the Texas price, Daniel?

I can get $3.65 here in Maine...sometimes.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I noticed this morning that gas prices are creeping up again. I wonder which li...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

--hide--

On my way into work at 8:30 this am I saw gas stations at 3.799 ... an hour later, heading out to another work location: 3.859 ... up another nearly 2% irked

The excuse I've heard most recently is "demand in China" rolling eyes

Feb 19th 2013 new

Friday prices were floating around 3.95. Today they are from 3.78 to 4.09. I compare prices here to the Houston area and can tell when they are spiking us here because they run about .30 more here than the lowest prices there. If they are much higher than that I hold off on filling up. If they are lower I fill up including my mower fuel(ends up in the carin the winter).

Incidentally, if you are going on a trip and drive reasonably you will get better mileage, save a penny or 2 a mile by going up to midgrade. I used to drive for work and compared the mileage and cost. If it looks like you are getting better mileage in the next month they will put the midgrade in the regular pumps to use up the "Winter Blend"when they switch over to the 'Summer Blend. The advantage is not having to stop as often and plan my gas stops at the lower priced stations. You can find local prices online if people are reporting in your area:

www.gasbuddy.com

Steve wave

Feb 19th 2013 new
Hi Everyone, here in Long Island, NY the lowest price near my town is $3.99 for regular, going up on the AM. Darn, why didn't I gas up tonight? Lol
Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-937842 said: Hi Everyone, here in Long Island, NY the lowest price near my town is $3.99 for regular, going up on the ...
(Quote) Mary-937842 said: Hi Everyone, here in Long Island, NY the lowest price near my town is $3.99 for regular, going up on the AM. Darn, why didn't I gas up tonight? Lol
--hide--

Hi Mary, and welcome to the forums! I am so familiar with that "why didn't I gas up yesterday" feeling, especially since the first of this year.

Posts 1 - 10 of 12