Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Have you noticed that someone in your search list is the guy/gal who sits in the next pew at Mass, or clerks at your grocery store, or works at the library?
Have you contacted him/her (either online or IRL)?
What kind of results/response did you get?

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Have you noticed that someone in your search list is the guy/gal who sits in the next pew at Mass...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Have you noticed that someone in your search list is the guy/gal who sits in the next pew at Mass, or clerks at your grocery store, or works at the library?

--hide--

Hi Marge... No, I haven't actually come across anyone that I know who is actually from my neighborhood. I have found several gentlemen from my same city and other nearby places y have certainly tried to contact some of them and/or haver received an Emotigram, or two, from others. But I cannot say that anything has developed into a friendship of any kind and I am disappointed about the response I have received in this website. I will probably not renew my membership in the next few months, when it comes up. Everybody here claims to be looking for someone, but very few seem to actually take the time to write, or initiate a conversation; what's worse, many with whom you try to initiate one, never respond. I haven't found this site helpful at all. While they share some success stories once in a while, it seems there are too few for the number of people that have signed up and never get contacted by anyone. It's been disappointing.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Have you noticed that someone in your search list is the guy/gal who sits in the next pew at Mass...

--hide--

Unfortunately, no.

People who work for airlines and can travel for free are very doable, but that's an extremely low percentage. Or a very rich CMer who wants to fly to your city can work.

Feel blessed if you can find someone 200 or less miles away. Meeting halfway for dates is only 100 miles for each. Still, these scenarios are rare.

Longer Distance LDRs CAN work, if the two are compatible, and dedicated to making it work.

Feb 19th 2013 new

--hide--

I haven't been blessed like that in my time off and on CM the last few years, Marge.

North Florida doesn't seem to be a hotbed of Catholic activity, unfortunately, and my parish (the only one in town) mostly consists of retirees or young families.

I haven't let that get me down, though. I've made my search territory pretty big and have been trying to set up a late-winter/early spring CM dinner around the Tampa-St. Pete area (about 2.5 hours away). By the way, Floridians, please check the Member Meet-Ups forum for a discussion of that (sorry, shameless plug there laughing ) -- just waiting for a few people to show some interest before setting a date/time.

I think you've asked a good question, Marge. I'll keep checking back to see if someone's actually done what you asked about. Inquiring minds want to know... laughing

Feb 19th 2013 new

--hide--

Not exactly the situation you described, but in the fall, I signed up to reply to a message from a local guy. We had 2 chats, and that was it. Well, like a week or 2 later, I run into him at Theology on Tap. I don't think he saw me in the crowd, but he is pretty tall and was dead-noticeable. Then in January after I got back from a long trip at the statewide March for Life, I ran into him in Target. We glanced, but I was like, You have GOT to be kidding me. TOT resumes on Thursday, and I'm pretty sure I'll run into him again. lol AWWWWKWARD.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Have you noticed that someone in your search list is the guy/gal who sits in the next pew at Mass, or clerks at...

--hide--
There are a few gentlemen from my area that I would gladly consider if they had their annulments. I feel like my hands are tied however
Posts 1 - 6 of 6