Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found or unavailable

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Lutheran Minister friend who asked me to Post...

Appearance is the first thing. but after that, got to look at the whole thing.

How does the other person make you feel? Is that person someone I can love and help in their life?

Marriage is a shared life together, caring, hanging out together, like being together, conversing, problem solving, making saving and spending decisions together, supporting the other person's goals, sharing resources, giving each other space at times, doing stuff together, maybe working a farm or business together, liking each other, companionship, sharing grief and the good times, sleeping together or apart as some do, sex once in awhile or as often as they mutually agree.

He asked me to let him know what CMers think of the above?

Feb 19th 2013 new

Sounds on target to me. Very realistic and balanced.

Coming from a minister, though, I would have hoped for:
a. more mention of spiritual affinity and partnership
b. mention that we're talking about one man and one woman.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Lutheran Minister friend who asked me to Post...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Lutheran Minister friend who asked me to Post...
--hide--

It is certainly all of those things, Bob. To me they translate to respect, friendship and commitment. I like a quote from a John Wayne movie, McClintock I think, where a young man was courting his daughter and when the young man asked for the daughter's hand in marriage, John Wayne's character said, "But do you like her." The young man proceeded to assure him that he loved the daughter deeply, to which Wayne's character replied, "I know you love her. I didn't ask you if you loved her. I asked you if you liked her." There are times in every marriage when one or the other spouse doesn't love the other very much. Even Ruth Graham said she never considered divorcing Billy Graham, murder, yes, but not divorce. But one has to like their spouse enough to come back to the table and keep on plugging.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Sounds on target to me. Very realistic and balanced.Coming from a minister, though, I wou...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Sounds on target to me. Very realistic and balanced.

Coming from a minister, though, I would have hoped for:
a. more mention of spiritual affinity and partnership
b. mention that we're talking about one man and one woman.

--hide--

I'll tell him that. Thank you.

He and I were at Dinner 2 weeks ago and stressed that, yes, one man and one woman both eed to be faith-filled for a successful marriage.

Feb 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: It is certainly all of those things, Bob. To me they translate to respect, friendship and c...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

It is certainly all of those things, Bob. To me they translate to respect, friendship and commitment. I like a quote from a John Wayne movie, McClintock I think, where a young man was courting his daughter and when the young man asked for the daughter's hand in marriage, John Wayne's character said, "But do you like her." The young man proceeded to assure him that he loved the daughter deeply, to which Wayne's character replied, "I know you love her. I didn't ask you if you loved her. I asked you if you liked her." There are times in every marriage when one or the other spouse doesn't love the other very much. Even Ruth Graham said she never considered divorcing Billy Graham, murder, yes, but not divorce. But one has to like their spouse enough to come back to the table and keep on plugging.

--hide--

Good thoughts Beverly. Mutual trust and respect must apply.

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Lutheran Minister friend who asked me to Post... Appearance is the first thing. but after that, got to look...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

How does the other person make you feel? Is that person someone I can love and help in their life?

Marriage is a shared life together, caring, hanging out together, like being together, conversing, problem solving, making saving and spending decisions together, supporting the other person's goals, sharing resources, giving each other space at times, doing stuff together, maybe working a farm or business together, liking each other, companionship, sharing grief and the good times, sleeping together or apart as some do, sex once in awhile or as often as they mutually agree.

--hide--
I dont see anything to dispute in this... except maybe praying together
Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: (Quote) Bob-59786 said: Lutheran Minister friend who asked me to Post... Appearance is the first...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said:
Quote:
Bob-59786 said:

I dont see anything to dispute in this... except maybe praying together
--hide--
I mean praying together should be added to the list.
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: I mean praying together should be added to the list.
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: I mean praying together should be added to the list.
--hide--

I will tell him. Thank you Loretta.

Feb 21st 2013 new

--hide--

Just mentioned to my Minister friend. He agrees and said to add ..."joint money management".

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Just mentioned to my Minister friend. He agrees and said to add ..."joint money management".
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Just mentioned to my Minister friend. He agrees and said to add ..."joint money management".

--hide--
Yeah, that is pretty important also. I have had money and been strapped. I just don't like being poor alone. By that I mean I don't want to be pinching pennies while the other person is burning dollars.
Posts 1 - 10 of 11