Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

"Same-Sex Marriage"

Feb 21st 2013 new

There is no current cultural trend that has gripped the attention of America like same-sex marriage. It doesn't seem that long ago when the Massachusettes Supreme Court made Massachusettes the first state to legalize same-sex marriage. And despite Mass being a very liberal state, the legislature nearly overturned the Supreme court's decision. Now, that seems like ancient history.

The Democrat party now fully embraces SSM and Obama completed his long awaited evolution on the subject last spring. Things have become so heated that now in some circles even stating a personal disapproval or discomfort with SSM get you labled a bigot or a hater. SSM is so popular among people younger persons that even young conservatives are often supportive of SSM.

So, why did this happen? Can this trend be turned around? Can you still be a good catholic and support SSM?

My answers are: the secularization of society and misintepretation of the separation of church and state. I am doubtful but anything is possible when you put faith in God. NO!!!!!!

What do you all think?

Feb 21st 2013 new

Young people are always the most susceptible to psy-ops like this one because they are ignorant. We're being "evolved" toward a pre-Christian, barbaric state of infanticide and sodomy.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

not sure why this forum hasn't generated any response.... mmmmm???????

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: not sure why this forum hasn't generated any response.... mmmmm???????
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

--hide--

Don't know Patrick - maybe it is too painful. Let's pray for all concerned - that's all of us - as sin affects everyone.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Young people are always the most susceptible to psy-ops like this one because they are ignorant. W...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Young people are always the most susceptible to psy-ops like this one because they are ignorant. We're being "evolved" toward a pre-Christian, barbaric state of infanticide and sodomy.

--hide--

We are being pulled to a post-Christian state of sexual license and depravity, infanticide and imposed death, sodomy, and perpetual warfare. This is worse than a pre-Christian society, as the state of the man whose house is swept is worse afterwards than the first.

And when an unclean spirit is gone out of a man he walketh through dry places seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith: I will return into my house from whence I came out. And coming he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then he goeth, and taketh with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is made worse than the first. So shall it be also to this wicked generation. [Matthew 12:44-45]

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-341178 said: not sure why this forum hasn't generated any response.... mmmmm???????
(Quote) Patrick-341178 said:

--hide--

This topic has been visited so many times before. Maybe that is why you aren't getting a response.

It is a good topic to discuss though.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6