Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi guys, I once heard that guys are afraid to start a relationship with a woman, who may intimidate them. It's that true? Which cases do you feel that a woman can intimidate you? My ex boyfriend used to say that at first I can intimidate a guy and that's why sometimes guys don't approach me, because of that. I would do like to hear some male opinions about this. There's such thing?

Feb 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Sarah-931518 said: Hi guys, I once heard that guys are afraid to start a relationship with a woman, who may intimidate them. It...
(Quote) Sarah-931518 said:

Hi guys, I once heard that guys are afraid to start a relationship with a woman, who may intimidate them. It's that true? Which cases do you feel that a woman can intimidate you? My ex boyfriend used to say that at first I can intimidate a guy and that's why sometimes guys don't approach me, because of that. I would do like to hear some male opinions about this. There's such thing?

--hide--
Welcome to the forums Sarah! I know that you are searching for info from men but this is what I think. Some men are very self assured. Some men are more shy and reserved. If you are out going you will meet both. The self assured men will find your outgoing enthusiasm to be fun and refreshing, If you encounter someone shy, they will appreciate that you help in leading the conversation until they can warm up and feel comfortable. Just be you! be the best you that God asks you to be and you will be in the greatest place your heart can ever be. God bless you!
Feb 21st 2013 new

Sorry I'm not a male opinion but I can say I've always been told the same thing. I think there are many people who feel intimidated by a person who is more confident then they are and have trouble approaching them because either they don't know how or they think they don't have a chance. As far as starting a relationship goes, I think it's the same thing. They may sub-conciously feel it will never work out.

I think it's best to just stick to being your usual self and find someone who isn't intimidated. (even if it takes awhile which it always has for me) :p

Feb 21st 2013 new
Yes, there is such a thing. Many guys can get intimidated by a good woman. Do you want them? ... Or the few that have some guts and approach upfront and honorably? Its a blessing in my book!
Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Sarah-931518 said: Hi guys, I once heard that guys are afraid to start a relationship with a woman, who may intimida...
(Quote) Sarah-931518 said:

--hide--

Good question! I've been around the calendar a few years and my experience has been that those who are "intimidated by you" are really speaking to a feeling of inadequacy in themselves. The only exception are the ruthless folks (male and female) with narcissistic personality traits/ disorders or other character defects that resemble bulldozers or unguided missiles. I doubt that you fall into those categories. Be true to who you are biggrin

Feb 21st 2013 new

So....are we women supposed to be intimidated by the men?

Feb 21st 2013 new

It's not so much that I am intimidated but if a woman seems to have too strong a caracter, I am turned-off as I feel that she will try to be the boss in our relationship so there is no point in showing interest. I want to find a woman that will understand that God is the boss in our relationship and we must seek his will and submit to it. I also like the concept of mutual submission where I consider my wife a princess and she considers me a prince. Romantic? Of course! And also realistic. God put these longings in our hearths for a purpose.

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) David-622846 said: Yes, there is such a thing. Many guys can get intimidated by a good woman. Do you want them? ... Or the ...
(Quote) David-622846 said: Yes, there is such a thing. Many guys can get intimidated by a good woman. Do you want them? ... Or the few that have some guts and approach upfront and honorably? Its a blessing in my book!
--hide--

It's not that I want them, but it already happened that I'm interessed in a guy and he just said that I'm too independent for him and that we wouldn't work it out anyway. That is just frustrating!

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Serge-942079 said: It's not so much that I am intimidated but if a woman seems to have too strong a caracter, I ...
(Quote) Serge-942079 said:

It's not so much that I am intimidated but if a woman seems to have too strong a caracter, I am turned-off as I feel that she will try to be the boss in our relationship so there is no point in showing interest. I want to find a woman that will understand that God is the boss in our relationship and we must seek his will and submit to it. I also like the concept of mutual submission where I consider my wife a princess and she considers me a prince. Romantic? Of course! And also realistic. God put these longings in our hearths for a purpose.

--hide--

I agree with you, the boss of the relationship must be God always. But I mean, if you know a woman who seems to have a strong personality, but she is also very interesting, would you give it a try or not?

Feb 21st 2013 new

I think some guys are intimidated to approach women because they do not feel they have a chance. I myself have backed off a times from talking to women who I think might not like me, but I do agree with Lizzie in saying just be yourself. Not everybody has the same personality, and I really do believe that opposites attract. Best of luck.

Posts 1 - 10 of 51