Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Feb 27th 2013 new
Between the local support and their record hope you have been convinced to adopt the Hawks
Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Between the local support and their record hope you have been convinced to adopt the Hawks
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Between the local support and their record hope you have been convinced to adopt the Hawks
--hide--

The only Hawks I like are those that migrate over Duluth in early fall mischievous

Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN

"Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN"

GO WILD!!!! ... or at least score a few goals every once inawhile, won't ya embarassed laughing

Feb 27th 2013 new
Blackhawks...great long-term choice. !
Feb 27th 2013 new
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: The only Hawks I like are those that migrate over Duluth in early fall
Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN

"Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN"

(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

The only Hawks I like are those that migrate over Duluth in early fall

Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN

"Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN"

GO WILD!!!! ... or at least score a few goals every once inawhile, won't ya

--hide--
Well Michael I like them both--types of Hawks that is
Feb 28th 2013 new
The Pittsburgh Penguins :) You can't go wrong with Crosby and Malkin.
Feb 28th 2013 new
(Quote) Katie-934315 said: The Pittsburgh Penguins :) You can't go wrong with Crosby and Malkin.
(Quote) Katie-934315 said: The Pittsburgh Penguins :) You can't go wrong with Crosby and Malkin.
--hide--
You are in Florida now so I would say cheer on them Tampa Bay Lightning! Go bolts!
Mar 1st 2013 new

I've been an Islander fan,since the early nineties.Although,I moved away from New York,they are still my favorite team.They do have good young talent,but won't challenge for the cup anytime soon.

I love hockey and root for several other teams:Red Wings,Panthers,Penguins,and Avalanche.

Mar 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Hello, everyone!It is with great sadness that I must say au revoir to my dearly departed ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Hello, everyone!

It is with great sadness that I must say au revoir to my dearly departed Columbus Blue Jackets. ESPN the Magazine has rated the Jackets dead last as the team least likely to EVER win a championship in their fans' lifetimes...not just in the NHL, but across ALL four major sports leagues.

I've been a fan since the team appeared on the scene over ten years ago, but I have moved away from Columbus over the last few years, and there's really nothing anymore to tie me to Jackets. In addition, team ownership/management has decided not to field a competitive team for some reason. The last straw was when they traded Rick Nash (the ONLY good player we've ever had in Columbus) to New York for some used hockey sticks and a bag of pucks.

Since I'd like to at least have a prayer of my team actually winning Lord Stanley's Cup at some point in my lifetime, I need to choose a real team to root for. Being as I now live in northern Florida, the natural choice would be the closest team -- the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have an exciting core of players including Stamkos, St. Louis, Lindback, and Conacher.

However, I thought I'd throw it out to you, my CM brethren, to see if I'm missing a better long-term choice. Now, the team doesn't have to be on the precipice of a championship this season. I'd settle for just having a realistic chance of winning the Cup in my lifetime.

OK, have at it guys and gals! What team should I pick now that I've freed myself of the Columbus anchor? Where is ownership actually commited to winning? Where is the best young core of players? Convice me!

God Bless,
Steve

--hide--

Well, the Penguins, of course! Our neighbors!

But really, don't give up on the Jackets!!!!!!!!!! Root for two teams like I do! cool cool

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Hawks can be rooted from afar.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Hawks can be rooted from afar.
--hide--

What a fun team to root for, especially this season. Second-longest point streak ever. My parents used to watch the 'Hawks in Chicago when they were one of the "original six" franchises (way back in the day).

One vote for Chicago.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The welcome mat is out for you in Hockeytown. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20 consecutive seasons...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: The welcome mat is out for you in Hockeytown. The Red Wings have made the playoffs 20 consecutive seasons and in that span have won the big prize four times. While we may or may not continue the streak this season, you don't get results like that without a commitment to winning.
--hide--

Thanks, Edward. I'll look at the Wings, but old habits die hard, my friend. laughing

One vote for the Red Wings.

Posts 11 - 20 of 37