Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-913295 said: The Chicago Blackhawks should be your choice. A core of young veterans (Kane, Toews) along with se...
(Quote) John-913295 said:

The Chicago Blackhawks should be your choice. A core of young veterans (Kane, Toews) along with several rookies (Saad, Shaw, Krueger, Hjalmarrson) that show a lot of promise and are learning from the best veterans around (Seabrook, Keith, Hossa, Sharp). A super fan base all over the USA and a new management team dedicated to keeping that fan base happy. Couple that with being an original 6 team, and on the verge of setting the record for most consecutive games without a regulation loss, you need not look any further!

--hide--

As I mentioned before, my parents were big 'Hawks fans back in the day when they lived in northern Indiana (the "original six" days). It certainly is tempting to root for them, but it might make me look like a bandwagon fan this season (since they seem headed to the President's Cup win).

Make that 2 votes for Chicago...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Chicago BlackHawks
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Chicago BlackHawks

--hide--

Thanks, Jane. wave

Make that 3 votes for Chicago..

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: One of the original six teams is always a safe bet - faithful fans, a few star players at least ...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

One of the original six teams is always a safe bet - faithful fans, a few star players at least ever few years, nice uniforms, and long histories that include a tradition of winning (or at least trying to win). They're sort of classic and never go out of style, kind of like Coca-Cola, Levi's jeans or black pants.

--hide--

Thanks, Angela. wave

You have a point about always being classics with great tradition. Not sure how to put your vote down, though. Let me know if you have a preference for one of the "six"...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: Have a look at the Edmonton Oilers. The youngest team in the NHL, lots of talent and excitement.
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Have a look at the Edmonton Oilers. The youngest team in the NHL, lots of talent and excitement.

--hide--

Speaking of great tradition, how about the original home of "the Great One"? scratchchin Hmmm...I'll have to give them some consideration, John.

Plus, there's nothing like "getting in on the ground floor" BEFORE the rise to excellence. So wanted Yakupov for Columbus.

1 vote for Edmonton...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Megan-611125 said: the natural choice would be the closest team -- the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have an exciting co...
(Quote) Megan-611125 said:

the natural choice would be the closest team -- the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have an exciting core of players including Stamkos, St. Louis, Lindback, and Conacher.

I vote to stay local.... GO LIGHTNING!!

--hide--

Hi, Megan. wave

scratchchin It WOULD be much easier to see the games on cable or in person. And they ARE fun to watch most nights.

1 vote for Tampa Bay...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: As me being from Hockey Town, I'd say Pick Detroit. I do however have a friend that I went t...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

As me being from Hockey Town, I'd say Pick Detroit. I do however have a friend that I went to school with that plays for Carolina and they would be my 2nd choice

--hide--

Carolina is pretty fun to watch this season. That top line with Staal and Tlusty has been unstoppable. Hope they can withstand the loss of Ward.

You did list Detroit as your fave, though, so I'll put you down for the 2nd vote for the Wings...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Between the local support and their record hope you have been convinced to adopt the Hawks
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Between the local support and their record hope you have been convinced to adopt the Hawks
--hide--

Still have cousins around Chicago and northern Indiana, so they've been pushing the 'Hawks as well, Elizabeth. I even have a cousin who moonlights on the weekends as a 'Hawks beer vendor. "Cold beer here!" beer laughing

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: The only Hawks I like are those that migrate over Duluth in early fall :phot...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

The only Hawks I like are those that migrate over Duluth in early fall

Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN

"Hawk Ridge, Duluth, MN"

GO WILD!!!! ... or at least score a few goals every once inawhile, won't ya

--hide--

The Wild really jumped into the free agent market this season, didn't they Michael? Give them time and they might be a team to watch. Backstrom is still one of my favorite goalies (1st star last week in the league, I believe).

1 vote for Minnesota...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-939084 said: Blackhawks...great long-term choice. !
(Quote) Susan-939084 said: Blackhawks...great long-term choice. !
--hide--

Hi, Susan! wave Make that 3 votes for Chicago. They seem to be the runaway winner so far in the balloting...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Katie-934315 said: The Pittsburgh Penguins :) You can't go wrong with Crosby and Malkin.
(Quote) Katie-934315 said: The Pittsburgh Penguins :) You can't go wrong with Crosby and Malkin.
--hide--

Hi, Katie! wave

Don't forget Neal, Letang, and Fleury. Definite chance of seeing another title, that's for sure.

1 vote for Pittsburgh...

Posts 21 - 30 of 37