Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: You are in Florida now so I would say cheer on them Tampa Bay Lightning! Go bolts!
(Quote) George-80266 said: You are in Florida now so I would say cheer on them Tampa Bay Lightning! Go bolts!
--hide--

Tough to beat the "hometown" team, right George? Again, it would make watching games easier.

2 votes for Tampa Bay...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: I've been an Islander fan,since the early nineties.Although,I moved away from New York,they ...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

I've been an Islander fan,since the early nineties.Although,I moved away from New York,they are still my favorite team.They do have good young talent,but won't challenge for the cup anytime soon.

I love hockey and root for several other teams:Red Wings,Panthers,Penguins,and Avalanche.

--hide--

You're gonna laugh, Gerard, but they were one of my favorite teams when I was a kid. The closest NHL team was over three hours away, so there wasn't anything local for me to root for. And then we got cable TV in my suburb when I was in 6th grade or something, so I spent many winter evenings watching the Isles (and Rangers as well...no Devils back then, I think). Bossy, Trottier, and Potvin. Brings back memories.

If they can surround Tavares with some real stars (some might already be on the roster but haven't come into their own yet), then they could be really great.

1 vote for the Isles...

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-647155 said: Well, the Penguins, of course! Our neighbors! But really, don't give ...
(Quote) Emily-647155 said:

Well, the Penguins, of course! Our neighbors!

But really, don't give up on the Jackets!!!!!!!!!! Root for two teams like I do!

--hide--

Hi, Emily! wave

The Pens are very fun to watch with such great scorers. Malkin and Crosby are amazing. I hope Pittsburgh fans realize just how lucky they are!

2 votes for Pittsburgh. They're closing the gap with the 'Hawks at 3 (I think the Bolts and Wings each also have two votes apiece)...

Mar 8th 2013 new

Steve

What about the NY Rangers, the team that Rick Nash is playing for?

They have excellent goaltending, and are a solid defensive team. And yes they are my team! biggrin

I am surprised you have not heard from Boston, Montreal or Toronto fans.

Regardless, I hope that the team you choose will reward you with the Stanley Cup one of these days.

Jose

Mar 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Jose-499568 said: Steve What about the NY Rangers, the team that Rick Nash is playing for?They have ...
(Quote) Jose-499568 said:

Steve

What about the NY Rangers, the team that Rick Nash is playing for?

They have excellent goaltending, and are a solid defensive team. And yes they are my team!

I am surprised you have not heard from Boston, Montreal or Toronto fans.

Regardless, I hope that the team you choose will reward you with the Stanley Cup one of these days.

Jose

--hide--

Jose, I'm a fan of Gaborik and Lundquist, and I used to watch the Rangers on cable many moons ago when I was a kid (along with the Isles). Rick Nash was my favorite player, but for that reason, it's still really difficult to watch him in anything but a Jackets uniform. It feels like having your hockey heart ripped out and stomped on. I'm hoping that feeling will go away eventually and I can watch and root for him again.

Thanks for your input! 1 vote for the Rangers...

Apr 3rd 2013 new

I might be biased, but my vote is for the Buffalo Sabres. There are Sabres fans all over so you know you wont be alone. (LOL I will be honest though, they aren't doing as well as they could but. They win against the best team in the league one day and lose to the worst the next. And they recently fired their coach, so really there is only going up from here ^_^)

Apr 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-956780 said: I might be biased, but my vote is for the Buffalo Sabres. There are Sabres fans all over so you kn...
(Quote) Lisa-956780 said:

I might be biased, but my vote is for the Buffalo Sabres. There are Sabres fans all over so you know you wont be alone. (LOL I will be honest though, they aren't doing as well as they could but. They win against the best team in the league one day and lose to the worst the next. And they recently fired their coach, so really there is only going up from here ^_^)

--hide--

Welcome to the forums, Lisa. wave

Thanks for the Sabres vote! I lived in Jamestown for five years, so I got to see (on the MSG cable network) the Sabres win the President's Cup with the best regular-season record in the league one season (the year I arrived in western NY).

Miller and Vanek are pretty incredible when they're on, but this season has been a down year for both of them and the team as well. It appears that the Sabres made some big moves at the deadline (moving Pominville, etc.) to score a bunch of picks in the upcoming draft. This year's draft is supposed to be full of talent, so the Sabres may have done the right thing to rebuild. Hopefully, it won't take long. Their new ownership appears to really want to field a winning team, so I wouldn't bet against them.

One vote for the Sabres! You know, there are times I miss Buffalo (I still have friends there). I really enjoyed the Warehouse, Duffs, the Polish Villa, and the Big Tree Inn when I lived in western NY. But then again, I don't miss the snow. wink Thanks again, Lisa. God bless!

Posts 31 - 37 of 37