Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

events.r20.constantcontact.com

Hello SoCAL CMers!

My name is Cynthia, I help organize cocktail gatherings for a group called "ANGELUS" -- a Catholics singles ministry in the Los Angeles/Southern California area.

We are excited to announce our first event in Orange County. It is an "open" event -- you may come on your own or bring a group of friends (however we do ask that you RSVP). Feel free to share this invitation with your fabulous single Catholic friends!

For Details on the event, or to RSVP or ask questions, please follow this link: events.r20.constantcontact.com

MINGLING -- 4:30pm-6:30pm

Happy Hour appetizers and drinks at Roy's in Anaheim.

MOVIE -- 7pm-10pm

"The Passion of Joan of Arc " at the future Christ Cathedral (formerly the Crystal Cathedral). This critically acclaimed 1928 silent film by Carl Dreyer is brought to life with a haunting new score, which re-imagines the classic film with a modern urgency. Combining electronic music with sacred chant and strings, L.A. composer George Sarah has crafted a profound experience for all to enjoy.

In order for Angelus guests to be seated together,

you must buy your movie ticket through the link on our event page

(Link includes map/directions to the Cathedral)

The purpose of this gathering is for eligible, practicing, Catholic singles to become acquainted with like-minded individuals. To make the evening special, we request the following:

~ Be committed to Catholic ethics and morals ~

~ Ages 25-49 ~

~ ATTIRE ~ Men: coat, tie optional Women: dress or slacks

~ We sincerely hope to see you ~
Blessings in Christ,

Sarah Halpin (co-founder)
and

Cynthia Kron (coordinator)
Feb 23rd 2013 new

bump

Feb 24th 2013 new

I'd like to know more about this get together. How many people are signed up so far?

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-521814 said: I'd like to know more about this get together. How many people are signed up so far?
(Quote) Donna-521814 said:

I'd like to know more about this get together. How many people are signed up so far?

--hide--

From our past events that I've planned, the trend is that most people (particularly the men I am sad to say) drag their feet and reply in the last few days before the event. This is true for most events of this nature (not just ours, I'm in touch with other event planners for singles events, both faith-based and secular, and this is unfortunately a trend)--people tend to want to "Wait and See" and weigh their options.

Thus it is impossible to give you "meaningful" RSVP information at this time.

Our past events usually have between 25-40 attending.

Feb 24th 2013 new

I did want to add the following -- the movie that we're going to attend is at the future OC Cathedral. This is an event that is not "just" for our singles group. It is a larger event that Angelus guests are invited to attend together. I do not have RSVP information for the Cathedral movie event as I am not the event planner for that.

I encourage those SoCal singles who are outside the age range for our cocktail event (we cater to singles who are 25-49 and ask that you please respect our age limits) who are interested in the movie at the Cathedral to attend as there should be lots of people there. However, again, I am NOT the organizer for the Cathedral event, so if more information is desired, please follow the links to joanofarc.eventbrite.com

Feb 27th 2013 new

Lots of buzz about our 'lil event! Don't miss out--check out our invitation and if you are a good fit for the group you should come!

Feb 28th 2013 new

Bump

Mar 1st 2013 new

bump

Mar 1st 2013 new

So who hosts the Ancient Agers Singles Group for those over 49? tongue laughing cdn.memegenerator.net

Mar 2nd 2013 new

I'm interested!!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 19