Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Coerced Abortion in America

Feb 21st 2013 new

+

Just ran across this on Facebook - its from the Elliott Institute - about coerced abortion:

www.facebook.com

and for those who aren't on FB:

www.afterabortion.org

Feb 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: + Just ran across this on Facebook - its from the Elliott Institute - about coerced abortion...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

+

Just ran across this on Facebook - its from the Elliott Institute - about coerced abortion:

www.facebook.com

and for those who aren't on FB:

www.afterabortion.org

--hide--

I am not surprised at all. I know of a young woman who was coerced by a neighbor and her daughter when she was only 14 years old. They did it they were bitter and they wanted her to suffer, not because they thought they were helping her.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I am not surprised at all. I know of a young woman who was coerced by a neighbor and...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I am not surprised at all. I know of a young woman who was coerced by a neighbor and her daughter when she was only 14 years old. They did it they were bitter and they wanted her to suffer, not because they thought they were helping her.

--hide--

Elizabeth I am sorry to hear of this. Has this young woman sought help and healing? Rachel's Vineyard is a wonderful ministry that provides hope and healing after abortion: rachelsvineyard.org

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: Elizabeth I am sorry to hear of this. Has this young woman sought help and healin...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

Elizabeth I am sorry to hear of this. Has this young woman sought help and healing? Rachel's Vineyard is a wonderful ministry that provides hope and healing after abortion: rachelsvineyard.org

--hide--

I am trying to get in contact with her in hopes to guide her in that direction. Praying rosary theheart

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: I am trying to get in contact with her in hopes to guide her in that direction. ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

I am trying to get in contact with her in hopes to guide her in that direction.

--hide--

Elizabeth I will pray for you both. May God open her heart and mind to receive and act on this information. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: Elizabeth I will pray for you both. May God open her heart and mind to receive an...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

Elizabeth I will pray for you both. May God open her heart and mind to receive and act on this information. In Jesus Name, Amen!

--hide--

sad God bless you Jan. I am not going to give up on her. She really is a sweet woman. sad Praying rosary theheart

Feb 24th 2013 new

I just heard that most abortions happen with college age girls...how sad....believable, but sad. Sex is rampant at colleges.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just heard that most abortions happen with college age girls...how sad....believable, but sad....
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I just heard that most abortions happen with college age girls...how sad....believable, but sad. Sex is rampant at colleges.

--hide--

That's one good reason for Catholic parents to be careful about where they allow their young people to go to college (especially if they are helping pay for it! I suppose if they are not paying for it they may not have a whole lot of say).

I just learned about a week ago that Christendom College in Front Royal, VA www.christendom.edu is THE ONLY Catholic College that accepts no governmental funding, direct or indirect, which provides them with w whole lot of freedom to follow the Magisterial teachings of the Church. All the other Catholic colleges are compromised at some level, and may continue to be more and more compromised under the current administration. In any case, I don't think you'll find rampant sexual activity among the students at Christendom!

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-672216 said: That's one good reason for Catholic parents to be careful about where they al...
(Quote) Jan-672216 said:

That's one good reason for Catholic parents to be careful about where they allow their young people to go to college (especially if they are helping pay for it! I suppose if they are not paying for it they may not have a whole lot of say).

I just learned about a week ago that Christendom College in Front Royal, VA www.christendom.edu is THE ONLY Catholic College that accepts no governmental funding, direct or indirect, which provides them with w whole lot of freedom to follow the Magisterial teachings of the Church. All the other Catholic colleges are compromised at some level, and may continue to be more and more compromised under the current administration. In any case, I don't think you'll find rampant sexual activity among the students at Christendom!

--hide--
It is probably too expensive for most of us though.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: It is probably too expensive for most of us though.
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

It is probably too expensive for most of us though.

--hide--

+

Cheryl I don't know what their tuition costs are, or what opportunities there are for scholarships, for work-study programs or for local employment for the students, but I know they are in the midst of trying to develop some type of endowment fund or "comprehensive scholarship and financial aid assistance program" that will allow students who need financial assistance to go there to be able to go there. I certainly wouldn't rule it out if I were a parent of a Catholic college bound young person, even though my resources might be fairly limited.

Thomas Aquinas in southern California, Franciscan University of Steubenville in Steubenville, Ohio and Ave Maria University in Florida also come highly recommended as being faithful Catholic Colleges and providing strong moral guidance to their students - but I think they all accept some government funding - either direct - or indirect (i.e. student loans) - but those schools would be among my next choices if my child was college bound.

Also, The Cardinal Newman Society is a great resource for parents seeking good Catholic Colleges: www.cardinalnewmansociety.org

Posts 1 - 10 of 10