Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

scratchchin Just wondering. Do most people have them?

02/22/2013 new
It probably depends on whether you define cricks from the humorous or serious perspective. Many stories in either regard. Best I heard was the wife who said that her husband didn get the red sports car by he sold the business nd bought a dive shop. They even moved to Belize for a while. Continued to provide for the family, just an entirely different business. She would joke that she wishes he bought the car.
02/22/2013 new

My brother's black Corvette. laughing

02/22/2013 new

44, father of 5, asking for a divorce so you can go hang out at bars (more) & pursue women, even when you are unemployed mischievous

02/22/2013 new

Yep, all sound like one. A guy I know mentioned his 50 year old cousin bought a motorcycle. Then ended up breaking his back when it skidded on an oil patch. He was out of work for a long time. boggled

I know another man in his early 50s who got a divorce after a 27 year marriage (nice wife, nice kids). He married a 30 something singer in the band he played in part time. She wanted a baby, he had two grown children and told her no (been there, done that)....That marriage lasted 2 years. Now we hear he's trying to get back with his first wife. eyebrow

02/23/2013 new

Harley.....lots of chrome.....leather....pony tail (on a 50 year old man, ugh boggled); you get the picture. If you want I can attach a photo of my former husband, dressed in leather, on his Harley ($100K in chrome, or so he says), with a "biker chick" he picked up at the Billet Bar (or some random strip club). He lived this life for a couple of years before I told him he had to leave and NEVER come back. Amazingly he was a Bible thumping Catholic Christian when I met him at the college Newman Center 30 years ago. He graduated with (almost) a PhD in Electrical Engineering and worked for several of the big automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, & medical companies for 25 years before he traded his pocket protector for the Hells Angels lifestyle. Now he is back at work, as a rocket scientist. The Harley sits next to the Ford Ranger his Dad gave him in the garage of the house his Dad bought him, that he shares with his 38 year old illegal immigrant girlfriend. THAT is what a midlife crisis looks like!

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Harley.....lots of chrome.....leather....pony tail (on a 50 year old man, ugh ); you get the pictu...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Harley.....lots of chrome.....leather....pony tail (on a 50 year old man, ugh ); you get the picture. If you want I can attach a photo of my former husband, dressed in leather, on his Harley ($100K in chrome, or so he says), with a "biker chick" he picked up at the Billet Bar (or some random strip club). He lived this life for a couple of years before I told him he had to leave and NEVER come back. Amazingly he was a Bible thumping Catholic Christian when I met him at the college Newman Center 30 years ago. He graduated with (almost) a PhD in Electrical Engineering and worked for several of the big automotive, aerospace, semiconductor, & medical companies for 25 years before he traded his pocket protector for the Hells Angels lifestyle. Now he is back at work, as a rocket scientist. The Harley sits next to the Ford Ranger his Dad gave him in the garage of the house his Dad bought him, that he shares with his 38 year old illegal immigrant girlfriend. THAT is what a midlife crisis looks like!

--hide--

Ugh. Amazing how uncool trying to look "cool" can be. crazy Sounds like he was trying to be on that show, "Sons of Anarchy."

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: My brother's black Corvette.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

My brother's black Corvette.

--hide--

Yeah.. He never took me for a ride in it either..That devil.. mischievous

02/23/2013 new

laughing Then I'm in good company. Les let me sit in it, but I don't think he would have if he'd known.

02/23/2013 new

Yikes, ladies!!! Have some hug hug hug hug hug

It works the other way, too, though. I know several couples where the wife hit 45, thought she had "missed out" somehow, decided to blame the husband, dumped him, and then soaked him but good for alimony.

Posts 1 - 10 of 99