Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Yikes, ladies!!! Have some It works the other way, too, though. I know several couple...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Yikes, ladies!!! Have some

It works the other way, too, though. I know several couples where the wife hit 45, thought she had "missed out" somehow, decided to blame the husband, dumped him, and then soaked him but good for alimony.

--hide--

Yep, I know her too. My friends sister met a single guy at a parish bible study and decided he was "more of a husband" than her own so she filed for divorce and chased the guy from the bible study. That guy actually said to her, "What happens when you don't want me anymore and you want someone else. Are you going to dump me like you dumped your husband?". She never saw him again but her divorce was already final and she was too proud to go back to her former husband and admit she made a mistake. Her midlife crisis completely destroyed her family. She is 55 years old, single and lonely. My former husband also had a fling with a 45 year old married (husband was a professor) mom of three kids who was an officer in the women's committe at her parish. Her son was a good friend of my son. She had a "midlife crisis" and her husband divorced her when he found out. Her kids disowned her and she had to move back to Wisconsin. She too destroyed her entire family. I also met a Dr. (medical pathologist) who left his wife of 25 years and mother to their 7 children, when he was 48 years old. He traveled the world with his young office assistant for 15 years before he developed some health problems. He had no contact with his family during those 15 years but when he needed a new kidney he turned to his family members. The day he was discharged from the hospital after receiving a kidney from his brother, his "young" wife refused to pick him up and told him she had found another lover. He called his oldest son whom he hadn't seen in over 15 years and asked him to take him in until he was well enough to take care of himself. The entire family met him at his son's house, including numerous grandchildren he had never met. His former wife had died but all seven of his children were there to welcome him "home". WHen he told me this story he started to cry, but his tears were for himself, not for his deceased former wife. Satan has his hand in every midlife crisis. Satan destroys families.

02/23/2013 new

All these replies seem to be hammering the men! Speaking for myself, my own mid-life crisis is when I meet a charming handsome young man, feel my eyes start to flutter and toes start to curl...then catch sight of myself in a mirror and think "you daft old bat". laughing

02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Marion-824292 said: All these replies seem to be hammering the men! Speaking for myself, my own mid-life crisis is when I meet a c...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

All these replies seem to be hammering the men! Speaking for myself, my own mid-life crisis is when I meet a charming handsome young man, feel my eyes start to flutter and toes start to curl...then catch sight of myself in a mirror and think "you daft old bat".

--hide--
Hardly an "old daft bat" just a living, breathing woman, especially if all that happened was fluttering eyes and curling toes that hardly anyone would notice. The crisis would be if you chased after him. Thanks for the chuckle.
02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The crisis would be if you chased after him.
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The crisis would be if you chased after him.
--hide--
He should be so lucky. I bet she's fun.

02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Just wondering. Do most people have them?
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Just wondering. Do most people have them?

--hide--
In my life, I've had worse crisis than being middle age. I grew up with a mother that celebrated her birthday every year with abandoned joy! Joy of each new year just fits my life. Sure I've had my struggles but as I said above, they have been worse than any number. If I can make it through that I can make it through almost anything. 47, 48 , 49, 50... they can't weigh me down!
02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: In my life, I've had worse crisis than being middle age. I grew up with a mother that celebrated her birthda...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: In my life, I've had worse crisis than being middle age. I grew up with a mother that celebrated her birthday every year with abandoned joy! Joy of each new year just fits my life. Sure I've had my struggles but as I said above, they have been worse than any number. If I can make it through that I can make it through almost anything. 47, 48 , 49, 50... they can't weigh me down!
--hide--
I meant... unabandonded joy! as in her joy was unlimited
02/23/2013 new

Beats me. I wouldn't be struggling at all if I hadn't become a widow. I was happy with me and my life. I didn't want for more. Now, it is like a forced midlife crisis laughing

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: In my life, I've had worse crisis than being middle age. I grew up with a mother that celebrated h...
(Quote) Loretta-678584 said: In my life, I've had worse crisis than being middle age. I grew up with a mother that celebrated her birthday every year with abandoned joy! Joy of each new year just fits my life. Sure I've had my struggles but as I said above, they have been worse than any number. If I can make it through that I can make it through almost anything. 47, 48 , 49, 50... they can't weigh me down!
--hide--

I agree with Loretta.. Each day is a gift and celebrating another year that God gives us is a chance to become better.

I sure hope the ones that made bad choices will realize there is a God who is infinite in His mercy and wants no one to be lost.

We can get better or we can get bitter as we age.. I think we should strive to be better...

When I have my crown of gray hair and wrinkles .. I will have to even thank God for that if He allows me so many years..

God Bless us as we age and realize this life is fleeting...

Life can be tough but the older we get the more wisdom we have... Too bad some sought wisdom in the world and not God..

But thank God there is always time to change...

Blessings everyone as we try to age gracefully ... Praying angel rosary theheart hug

02/24/2013 new

I'll chime in here seeing no other guys have yet !
I bought a 2009 Extended Cab Chevy new . I sold it 2 1/2 years later and bought a 2004 with 275,000 miles on it, drove it for a year and sold it last fall.
In December I bought an 85 El Camino with thoughts of dual exhausts, performance parts on the engine, 305 V8 which is Chevy's small V8 as the ones that are performance engines are 350 or bigger. The changes I am making on it are to improve performance and MPG. This will be used to replace my pick up that I do need for hauling nursery supplies and other things. I will also have it painted eventually to suit my color fancy.
This or the 09 pick up must be my mid life crisis because I can't think of any other thing that I have done would fall into that category.

Steve wave

02/24/2013 new

That sounds like a pretty safe kind of "crisis" to have. biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 99