Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 24th 2013 new

Wow...there are some pretty sad stories here. What is it about our times that people are having such dramatic mid-life crises? I think I've also had my own - feeling that I needed to make a dramatic change because things were not going to get better. Do you think that people go through this today because all the traditional cultural structures have eroded? Or do we have an exaggerated desire for being happy due to our consumerist culture that tells us we deserve only the best? These days if all a person does is buy a red sports car, that's pretty harmless!

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Marion-824292 said: All these replies seem to be hammering the men! Speaking for myself, my own mid-life crisis is w...
(Quote) Marion-824292 said:

All these replies seem to be hammering the men! Speaking for myself, my own mid-life crisis is when I meet a charming handsome young man, feel my eyes start to flutter and toes start to curl...then catch sight of myself in a mirror and think "you daft old bat".

--hide--

I can relate to that...when I scan some of these profiles and see some attractive women that I have a lot in common with...reality sinks in since a lot of them are 20 years younger than me..:(

Feb 24th 2013 new

Yikes, Steve, you are scaring me with all of those vehicle purchases eyebrow. My former husband bought a new F150 (on a lease/purchase plan, though we had the money to buy it); 3 months later he traded it in for a new Dodge Dakota, THEN he bought a vintage Harley Fatboy. Everything went downhill from there, including joining a Harley "gang". Is there a Harley in your immediate future? Better stop while you are ahead. wink

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: I can relate to that...when I scan some of these profiles and see some attractive women ...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I can relate to that...when I scan some of these profiles and see some attractive women that I have a lot in common with...reality sinks in since a lot of them are 20 years younger than me..:(

--hide--

So Ronald, what are you trying to say here? I don't want to put words in your mouth but it sounds like you are suggesting that you are in a "mid-life" crisis and that your mid-life crisis includes an attraction to women 20 years younger than yourself. Am I wrong or right? Either way, no judgement, just wondering.

Feb 24th 2013 new

Yep. it happens. I could tell you stories but then I might incriminate myself or another.............try to cherish him or her through it all if you really can, It will be worth it, I promise.

Feb 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-853373 said: Yep. it happens. I could tell you stories but then I might incriminate myself or another.............try to cher...
(Quote) Mary-853373 said:

Yep. it happens. I could tell you stories but then I might incriminate myself or another.............try to cherish him or her through it all if you really can, It will be worth it, I promise.

--hide--

Women have mid-life crises too! Example: I bought an electric guitar during what I would call a mid-life crisis. I don't ever play it, and I wonder why I bought it! Some people simply do not want to give in to becoming old.
Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: So Ronald, what are you trying to say here? I don't want to put words in your mou...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

So Ronald, what are you trying to say here? I don't want to put words in your mouth but it sounds like you are suggesting that you are in a "mid-life" crisis and that your mid-life crisis includes an attraction to women 20 years younger than yourself. Am I wrong or right? Either way, no judgement, just wondering.

--hide--

Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry someone that is sexually attractive, (women are most attractive sexually between 20-40 years old) in reality those women aren't interested in me because of my age.

If I was married to someone for 20 years and both in our 50's, sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of being married is keeping the comittment that you made to God to stay married for life. I don't think that I should marry someone that I'm not sexually attracted to.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry someone that is sexually attractive, (women are most attractive sexually between 20-40 years old) in reality those women aren't interested in me because of my age.

--hide--

Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need to read more profiles and see what you are missing in the 50's ladies.

Steve wave

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need t...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need to read more profiles and see what you are missing in the 50's ladies.

Steve

--hide--

Steve, you are a knight-errant to all of us lady's handkerchief. Thank you for standing up for us. We have a lot to offer, just not to everybody! I clap you.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need t...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Steve

--hide--

and the 40 plus ladies too wave

We are all beautiful creations of God .. And when we are filled with the Holy Spirit How much more beautiful we become.

Pysical attractivness is only one aspect of beauty. There is also attactiveness to a man or woman of faith.

I think with age we should be growing more in wisdom and realizing this life is fleeting. If we try to hold on to this life , we are not putting our Faith in God. All the material things will not replace our Faith in God.

Yes it's nice to have a newer car and house but what's really important are the things above. Accepting ourselves where we are and thanking God for the blessings.. What more can we want... Oh I forgot.. I am on a dating website and looking for a spouse ! wink

God Bless us in our search Praying Kathleen

Posts 21 - 30 of 99