Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry someone that is sexually attractive, (women are most attractive sexually between 20-40 years old) in reality those women aren't interested in me because of my age.

If I was married to someone for 20 years and both in our 50's, sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of being married is keeping the comittment that you made to God to stay married for life. I don't think that I should marry someone that I'm not sexually attracted to.

--hide--

"sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of being married is keeping the comittment that you made to God to stay married for life." In the "fantasy" world this might be true, but in the "real" world this is not true. Married men in their 50's are still sexually attracted to younger women, just as you are, however the difference is NOT in "keeping the commitment", but in realizing that there is so much more to a woman than her outward appearance, just as there is so much more to a man than his outward appearance. Good luck with attracting those 20-40 year old women boggled

Feb 24th 2013 new

I didn't know when the mid-life crisis would hit, but was planning for it. At 35 I decided that at 40 I would take up parachuting. Well, I was cured when I heard about some local accidents with the chute not opening. Instead I took up piano and old-time and ballroom dancing lessons.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-72317 said: Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need t...
(Quote) Steve-72317 said:

Hey man look around you. The ladies in thier fifties are mighty attractive. You need to read more profiles and see what you are missing in the 50's ladies.

Steve

--hide--

Thank you Steve...!!! You're a real CHAMP... highfive

Feb 24th 2013 new

I bought a banjo...!!! crazy

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-514749 said: I bought a banjo...!!!
(Quote) Debbie-514749 said:

I bought a banjo...!!!

--hide--

But did you learn to play the banjo? My former husband "collected" banjo's (another one of his mid-life crisis obsessions) but could only play one song, over and over and over, ugh. I do love the sound of the banjo, but not the same song again and again.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: But did you learn to play the banjo? My former husband "collected" banjo...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

But did you learn to play the banjo? My former husband "collected" banjo's (another one of his mid-life crisis obsessions) but could only play one song, over and over and over, ugh. I do love the sound of the banjo, but not the same song again and again.

--hide--

Yes I did... But I cheated. It was actually a banjitar.. a banjo body with a guitar fretboard so I could soak in the instant gratification of playing it immediately... I bought it the week after my ex asked me for a divorce. I'm a quiet, introverted type so playing a rowdy instrument like the banjo was a real step out of character for me... I loved it! eyepopping

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Just wondering. Do most people have them?
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Just wondering. Do most people have them?

--hide--
What does it Look Like? Ummmm You don't want to know; laughing laughing You will know soon enough; (don't be in a hurry for it) laughing Mike "Peace"!!

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: "sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of b...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

"sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of being married is keeping the comittment that you made to God to stay married for life." In the "fantasy" world this might be true, but in the "real" world this is not true. Married men in their 50's are still sexually attracted to younger women, just as you are, however the difference is NOT in "keeping the commitment", but in realizing that there is so much more to a woman than her outward appearance, just as there is so much more to a man than his outward appearance. Good luck with attracting those 20-40 year old women

--hide--

It may be a fantasy for you to stay married but for me it's real...if I marry, I will stay married for life...if I get divorced I would not remarry...I think you should accept that there are people like me in the world that value marriage the way that our parents and grandparents valued it.
I never said that I was searching for women in the age range of 20-40...again, the topic is mid-life crisis....I realize that younger women don't prefer someone 20 years older than they are...my search range has been 45-55. Good luck with dating men over 60...or was it someone else that said that..

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

Yes, I guess that's true....but the crisis is that even though I would like to marry someone that is sexually attractive, (women are most attractive sexually between 20-40 years old) in reality those women aren't interested in me because of my age.

If I was married to someone for 20 years and both in our 50's, sexual attraction I don't think would be as much an issue because part of being married is keeping the comittment that you made to God to stay married for life. I don't think that I should marry someone that I'm not sexually attracted to.

--hide--

If sexual attraction is so important to you now, it will still be when you are married for 20 years when your spouse may no longer be sexually attractive (since you say you are only sexually attracted to women 20 to 40 years old). There are two parts to attraction needed for a healthy marriage, according to John Paul II in Theology of the Body, sexuality and sentimentality. The lesser of the two, in a long lasting marriage, is sexuality; sentimentality is what holds the marriage together, not sexuality. In regards to your statement that you will remain married for life, unlike those who have not. What if your spouse files for divorce from you? We are a "no fault" country and there is nothing you can do about it but sign the papers. I agree with your statement that if you do divorce you will not remarry as according to scripture we are married to our spouse until death do us part. I am glad to see that you have opened up your search to include women closer to your age and hope that God puts a desire in your heart to be sexually attracted to women in that age group. Blessings to you.

Feb 25th 2013 new

I would like to know, so when I see it coming, I can start running!

Posts 31 - 40 of 99