Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said:I think I had my crisis the night of my twenty fifth birthday.
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:I think I had my crisis the night of my twenty fifth birthday.
--hide--
That was probably a wise thing to do.
And think of the money you saved!

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: This is why I think it is so important to actually put some effort into remaining sexually attrac...
(Quote) Peter-933860 said:

This is why I think it is so important to actually put some effort into remaining sexually attractive to your spouse. It is a ongoing project.

--hide--

"Sexuality", goes both ways !! Women are sexually attracted to "sentimentality"(emotional) in men and men are sexually attracted to "sensuality"(physical) in women (read Pope JP II, TOB). If a woman is not SENSUALLY attractive to her husband, then sex will cease and if a man is not SENTIMENTALLY attractive to his wife, then sex will cease as well. As everyone knows, "physical appearance" weakens over time, reducing the emphasis on SENSUALITY, whereas the "emotional connection" SHOULD strengthen over time, allowing the marriage to endure with SENTIMENTALITY. Again, read Theology of the Body, it is all in there. It should be required reading, along with the Holy Bible, in order to sign up for CM.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: This seems a bit low for developed countries. Is this figure life expectancy at birth (wh...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

This seems a bit low for developed countries. Is this figure life expectancy at birth (which would be affected by infant mortality, which was much higher then than it is today (if you exclude abortion)) or life expectancy at age 18 (or higher)?

--hide--

COme on Jerry, master of all data and statistics, check your statistics. The average life expentancy for men at birth was somewhere in the low 40's. I have no idea why you are asking about age 18 or higher; that isn't the way life expentancy statistics work. I promise you, on average, men were not fathering children with 20 year old females well into their 50's during that time period. In this regard, Ron is dillusional.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I may regret jumping into this conversation, but I don't think its only men who act so irresponsibl...
(Quote) Dennis-944077 said: I may regret jumping into this conversation, but I don't think its only men who act so irresponsibly. I won't defend the men that chase illusions and I find this type of behavior lacking of moral integrity. At the same time, the stereotypes and subsequent biting remarks seem venomous and uncomfortable to read. The comments are a bit intimating and there's a terrible bitterness here that makes healing difficult. As Christians we are called to forgiveness and the practice of the presence of God in our daily lives. It makes me sad how men can be selfish and as a man I feel ashamed. Nevertheless, as someone who feel they've been hurt by a woman in a so-called mid-life crisis I pray for patience and guidance. Some of comments here seem to come from a place of great pain and it just saddens me a lot. I am praying for these men now and all those who've been hurt by them.
--hide--

Dennis, I sited two examples involving women going through a midlife crisis and two examples of a man going through midlife crisis and all 4 times it destroyed families. I think you have not read all of the posts and are "jumping into the conversation". Of course, women are just as irresponsible as men but since the man is the head of the family, his irresponsibilty has a more devastating effect on the family. Of course there is forgiveness and lots of prayer that goes along with it. You sound like a real "peace maker"....blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit the earth. BLessings to you.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: "Sexuality", goes both ways !! Women are sexually attracted to "sentim...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

"Sexuality", goes both ways !! Women are sexually attracted to "sentimentality"(emotional) in men and men are sexually attracted to "sensuality"(physical) in women (read Pope JP II, TOB). If a woman is not SENSUALLY attractive to her husband, then sex will cease and if a man is not SENTIMENTALLY attractive to his wife, then sex will cease as well. As everyone knows, "physical appearance" weakens over time, reducing the emphasis on SENSUALITY, whereas the "emotional connection" SHOULD strengthen over time, allowing the marriage to endure with SENTIMENTALITY. Again, read Theology of the Body, it is all in there. It should be required reading, along with the Holy Bible, in order to sign up for CM.

--hide--
Yes JPII TOB is absolutely correct on a general level. But there is also a individual plane where exceptions to those general rules come into play. For some women sensuality is more important than to other, and for some men sentimentality is more important than to other.

"As everyone knows, "physical appearance" weakens over time, reducing the emphasis on SENSUALITY"

With a little effort physical appearance can be maintained waaay into old age. Not to forget the effect of seeing ones spouse actually making this effort for the sake of marriage. As positive that effect is, as negative is the opposite to use aging as an excuse to just let go.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That was probably a wise thing to do.And think of the money you saved!
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That was probably a wise thing to do.
And think of the money you saved!

--hide--
Let's hear it for saving money party

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Yes JPII TOB is absolutely correct on a general level. But there is also a individual plane where...

Yes JPII TOB is absolutely correct on a general level. But there is also a individual plane where exceptions to those general rules come into play. For some women sensuality is more important than to other, and for some men sentimentality is more important than to other.

"As everyone knows, "physical appearance" weakens over time, reducing the emphasis on SENSUALITY"

With a little effort physical appearance can be maintained waaay into old age. Not to forget the effect of seeing ones spouse actually making this effort for the sake of marriage. As positive that effect is, as negative is the opposite to use aging as an excuse to just let go.

--hide--

I can remove the words "physical appearance" and can replace them with "emotional support" and it would have the same effect. Watch this, "with a little effort emotional support can be maintained waaay into old age. Not to forget the effect of seeing ones spouse actually making this effort for the sake of the marriage. As positive that effect is, as negative is the opposite to use aging as an excuse to just let go." WOW, that was SOO easy.

Please do not trivialize the Holy Father's statements by saying that TOB is correct on a general level, but.... Wow, that is like saying scripture is correct on a general level eyepopping but......

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-933860 said: Yes JPII TOB is absolutely correct on a general level. But there is also a individual plane where...

--hide--

Do we need to take a poll here on CM to see how many "exceptions to those general rules" there are? Unfortunately I don't feel that members of a certain gender would be completely honest. embarassed

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: I can remove the words "physical appearance" and can replace them with &quo...

I can remove the words "physical appearance" and can replace them with "emotional support" and it would have the same effect. Watch this, "with a little effort emotional support can be maintained waaay into old age. Not to forget the effect of seeing ones spouse actually making this effort for the sake of the marriage. As positive that effect is, as negative is the opposite to use aging as an excuse to just let go." WOW, that was SOO easy.

Please do not trivialize the Holy Father's statements by saying that TOB is correct on a general level, but.... Wow, that is like saying scripture is correct on a general level but......

--hide--
It wasn't a trivialization at all.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Do we need to take a poll here on CM to see how many "exceptions to those genera...

Do we need to take a poll here on CM to see how many "exceptions to those general rules" there are? Unfortunately I don't feel that members of a certain gender would be completely honest.

--hide--
Start a poll if you like. I promise I'll be honest.

Posts 61 - 70 of 99