Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Mar 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: It probably depends on whether you define cricks from the humorous or serious perspective. Many storie...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: It probably depends on whether you define cricks from the humorous or serious perspective.

Many stories in either regard. Best I heard was the wife who said that her husband didn get the red sports car by he sold the business nd bought a dive shop. They even moved to Belize for a while. Continued to provide for the family, just an entirely different business.

She would joke that she wishes he bought the car.
--hide--

Bought the red sports car (in boxes...spent 2 years putting it back together...). Did it to keep the hands busy. It's just a car. One of many I've owned over my life (sports cars, that is...).

What does a midlife crisis look like? Panic when you realize 1) you aren't going to be president of the company, 2) your hair is turning grey, 3) things aren't as 'firm' as they once were, 4) your eye doctor tells you you need glasses when you never did before, so you go out and regress in age...rather than leaning into your situation, grabbing on, appreciating what you have, and look to the future.

It's an excuse to act like a spoiled child because you 'didn't get your way'. It usually involved tossing aside everything you held (and should still hold) dear. It's stupid and destructive. And it hurts people you should never hurt...doesn't matter whether you're a woman or man.
Mar 13th 2013 new

The urge to own a two-seater which can hit sub-7 with me in leather jacket and my

late wife in tight leather mini & high heel boots, Ray Ban driving glasses and 10 speakers

pumping up Carlos' Black Magic Woman. Been There, Done That!

God Rest Her Soul!

Mar 25th 2013 new
[quote] It most assuredly does go both ways, sez the fella who just took it on the chin in exactly that way. Working on that forgiveness thing......
Mar 25th 2013 new
[quote]. Superlative summary, sir. Stupid and destructive and I pray that anyone leaning this direction has friends honest and brave enough to tell them this truth in no uncertain terms.
Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: I know another man in his early 50s who got a divorce after a 27 year marriage (nice wife, nice ki...
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

I know another man in his early 50s who got a divorce after a 27 year marriage (nice wife, nice kids). He married a 30 something singer.....

--hide--

My ex was 58 ...he had a 28 yoa girl friend and a 18 yoa girlfriend. I knew about the 28 year old when I told him to leave. A couple months later I found out about the 18 year old. He'd moved in with both of them. I'm still a little taken-aback about it.

Mar 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Kelly-215783 said: My ex was 58 ...he had a 28 yoa girl friend and a 18 yoa girlfriend. I k...
(Quote) Kelly-215783 said:

My ex was 58 ...he had a 28 yoa girl friend and a 18 yoa girlfriend. I knew about the 28 year old when I told him to leave. A couple months later I found out about the 18 year old. He'd moved in with both of them. I'm still a little taken-aback about it.

--hide--

Wow - I can't blame you for being taken-aback. How does someone process that??

Mar 31st 2013 new

[quote]Kelly-215783 said:

[/quoteH

Having a 21 year old and 25 year old daughter, I am VERY concerned for their welfare. Their father was WAY too excited when our daughter's friends came over. When they were sitting on the couch watching TV he made them popcorn and then would sit between them, looking down their shirts and touching their knees. They never came over again, until AFTER I told him he HAD to move out and he did. He is 55 years old, living with a 35 year old illegal immigrant; old, perverted men will get it young, even if it is illegal.

Mar 31st 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said: It would probably depend on the age of the children...even men in there 30's may not...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

It would probably depend on the age of the children...even men in there 30's may not be able to keep up with their teenage sons. I know my dad was not in the best physical condition in his 40's and could not keep up we me when I was a teenager...and I didn't expect him to.

In my 50's now, I can still throw a football with a teenager and play a game of half court basketball but don't think that I could compete in a game of football or full court basketball with a teenager. When I was a teenager we would play tackle football with the neighbors without helmets or pads and no one ever got seriously hurt....teenagers aren't as tough as they used to be.

--hide--

The father would have to be 17 years old when they were fathering a child just to have a 13 year old when they 30. THere are a few "men" out there that fit this category, but not many.
Remember, it is not about "YOU", it is about the mental/emotional capabilities of the child you fathered while in your 50's. Children fathered by men over the age of 50 have a MUCH, MUCH, greater chance of having autism and/or other specific learning disabilities. I would highly recommend that a man over the age of 50 seek a woman that is postmenopausal, to avoid the heart ache of rasing children with disabilities. Disclaimer notice: I am a special education teacher.

Apr 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: The father would have to be 17 years old when they were fathering a child just to hav...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

The father would have to be 17 years old when they were fathering a child just to have a 13 year old when they 30. THere are a few "men" out there that fit this category, but not many.
Remember, it is not about "YOU", it is about the mental/emotional capabilities of the child you fathered while in your 50's. Children fathered by men over the age of 50 have a MUCH, MUCH, greater chance of having autism and/or other specific learning disabilities. I would highly recommend that a man over the age of 50 seek a woman that is postmenopausal, to avoid the heart ache of rasing children with disabilities. Disclaimer notice: I am a special education teacher.

--hide--

I don't know of any children with disabilities that were fathered by men over 50...I think that the research that I've seen on the internet was inconclusive. I also believe that children are a gift of God so the information that you list is irrelevant.
Personally, the children that I've know with disabilities were from younger couples. I have a cousin who was the oldest child, born after her parents first married, was mentally retarded. The second child was very healthy and is now married with grown children of her own.
My youngest sibling born by my mother in her late 30's and my father in his 40's was also very healthy and may be the most successful one in my family. She met her husband in college and has 3 children.
I've also read that autism may be caused by children watching TV at a young age and not having enough interpersonal communication. The Amish community has not experienced an increase in autism like the rest of society since they live without electricity.

Posts 91 - 99 of 99