Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Viewed Me.. what do you think?

Feb 22nd 2013 new

There are two parts to the question:

1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?

2. What does it mean when you view someone's profile and not send a message?

It'd be interesting to learn about both men and women's view on this topic smile

Feb 22nd 2013 new

If someone views and no message, I generally think they saw I'm too far away, not appropriate for them, they're not subscribed and don't want to waste an emote, or they saw me on the forum and wanted to know a bit more about me. I'm not yet cynical enough to think its cos they don't want to talk to a fat chick. Hehe.

If I view and don't emote/message its usually because I saw they listed "no LDR" or whatever. Since my searches are always 7/7 it rules out that they're okay with gay marriage or fornication or something. Of course, sometimes they're not appropriate for me, and that could be any reason from I don't think we have enough compatible interests, we have world views that are too different, or they said something that turns my stomach.

I will be honest now, if a guy has a sparse profile and lives on the other side of the globe, I usually won't bother sending a message/emote because I think "well, I'm not going to waste his time if he's not going to put in how he feels about LDR or just has the standard "I'm so and so and am slim and have no children and am employed' line.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

1. From a male perspective when a female views my profile and doesn't send a message I don't assume anything bad, because it seems that a vast majority of the females on this site (that I've encountered) want the male to be the one to send the first message perhaps as a show of confidence in themselves. If someone takes my interview, sends an emote, or in the rare instance they do send a message then I assume they're interested.

2. It can mean a mix of things for this question. I do my searches looking for people who follow most of the church's teaches prefering those who follow all the Church's teachings. If someone doesn't believe the Church's teaching on premarital sex, or the sanctity of life and I don't message the person it's because I'm genuinely not interested. While I feel the same when it comes to contraceptive use, it wasn't until I became aware of the Natural Family Planning Method taught in Pre Cana, that I realized there was a reliable method for a couple to have unprotected sex while married, with a very low chance of the woman becoming pregnant. This allows the married couple to be intimate in genuine and loving way, and have good control over when they have their child. Beyond that much like the other poster, they might say on their profile they don't want a long distance relationship which would also just naturally stop interest if I'm not close to them. This one would be more personal to me, but if they say they want to be a stay at home mom, I'm not overly keen on it. While I think it's ok as an idea, I think it's a difficult thing to accomplish in this economy that more often than not requires a working husband and wife to be able to raise a family comfortably, but should one of the two make more than enough to accomplish it then by all means I'd be ok with it. If they have a height requirement, which is fortunately rare on this site, and I don't fit it then there would be no interest as well. If the person has too few pictures as well, and it's difficult to access whether you find them attractive based on like the 2 pictures they have up, that could drop interest. My final one is up in the air, I might think the person is attractive and has a good background, but want to debate it a little, then I may or may not come back and send a message.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: There are two parts to the question: 1. What impression do you get when someone vi...
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said:

There are two parts to the question:

1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?

It'd be interesting to learn about both men and women's view on this topic

--hide--

1. For some reason they visited my profile and moved on. If the reason was that they had read some posts in the forum and wanted to check who that freak from the north is or any other reason doesn't matter, because the result was evidently the same: they had nothing to say. My impression of them is kind of neutral and I wish them a happy life.

2. It means that I had nothing to say.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: "1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?"...
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: "1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?"2. What does it mean when you view someone's profile and not send a message?"
--hide--

I figure most are curious what I look like or that they are just window shopping. I do not post a profile photo but I do post a scrapbook photo. I do this because I do not want my ugly mug to be used as free advertising for CM. I also think most viewers look at the profile photo and based on looks will immediately judge "Yes or No" in a split second and will not venture into reading my whole profile (there's some good stuff in there, I promise smile ).

A pet peeve of mine is when a viewer sends an emotigram with no message. If you have the courage enough to send an emotigram, you should at least type "hi" in the message box. Emotigrams without a typed message will never be replied to. A typed message instead of an emotigram will actually pique my interest more.

I will freely admit (and I am not proud of it) that I have ignored emotigrams or messages that were sent to me by others. (FORGIVE ME FATHER FOR I HAVE SINNED Praying ) I am fairly new to online dating, I wasn't aware of the protocols or procedures. I know now that I should've at least acknowledged the viewer's message and thanked them for it and let the viewer know where my interest lies. I will do my best to correct this in the future.

It doesn't bother me that most viewers do not send a message after viewing my profile.

2. What does it mean when you view someone's profile and not send a message?"

I have a mild addiction to viewing and critiquing other people's photos. Its a favorite pastime of mine. I also find online dating a lot like shopping. I am not the typical male who runs in, grabs what he needs and gets out as fast as possible. I am a window shopper and will take my time and do my research. I will probably view a profile about a dozen times before sending a message. (I hope that doesn't sound to stalkerish. eyepopping )

When viewing, profiles with photos get priority (and really cute profile photos get top priority). I will usually view the photos first and then quickly scan the profile to make sure that there are no dealbreakers listed. If there are no dealbreakers, I will read the profile in its entirety.

I will on occasion view a profile without a either a profile or scrapbook photo. The age, location or first sentence of their profile will have to catch my eye for me to view their profile.

For the vast majority of profiles that I view, I will not send a message.

If I do send a message, it means that I've probably viewed the profile more than once and I wouldn't mind communicating with you. I am horrible at cheesy, ice breakers so I don't even try. If I do send a message with more than one sentence then it means that I REALLY like your profile and I'd REALLY like to get to know you better. (I hope you can take a hint ladies lovestruck! )

Feb 22nd 2013 new

When somebody views and doesn't message, I think "Oh, somebody viewed me". When I view and don't message, I am thinking "I'm going to look and see what I can learn from the profile".

That's it. Nothing deeper, no over analyzing with whys or what ifs.

Feb 22nd 2013 new

I do not form an impression since I do not the person. I just think, "Ok, someone just viewed my profile." I might or might not view theirs after they have viewed mine. It depends on my mood. PacMan

Feb 22nd 2013 new

when someone views my profile and does not leave a message/? my impressions are: a) he was curious-- b)not sure enough he likes what he read--

c) maybe a gentleman and wants to know what i think-- and d) he is not ready for a relationship!

there are only a few men i have viewed, and if there were many good qualities about him, then i sent a message.

either way, i have always sent an emote or message!

Feb 22nd 2013 new

They have to open your profile and view it before they can get much inormation at all.. So I wouldn't put any store in the fact that they just looked at it..

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: 1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?<...
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: 1. What impression do you get when someone views your profile and doesn't send a message?

--hide--

1. It used to hurt. It seems like looking in the windows of someone's house and then not waving when you notice them looking back at you.

2. I nearly always send at least an emote. The only time I don't is when he viewed me first and left nothing.

Posts 1 - 10 of 22