Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 22nd 2013 new
If someone views my profile and doesn't send a message I assume they weren't interested. Even if they feel a guy should send the first message they can at least wave hello (I don't consider an emote a message). If I look and don't at least say hello it means one of two things: either I'm not interested or I think she's out of my league.
Feb 22nd 2013 new

I don't think too much into a profile view... maybe they viewed my profile because they saw something I posted in the forums and wanted to see who I was, or they wanted to see more of my scrapbook photos (I post a lot of pictures, esp from CM events). It could even be a random accidental browse; I've done that before on my laptop and also on my phone, scrolling down the screen and accidently opening a profile. Or, maybe they could be interested in the gray-haired guy, but maybe they are stuck on traditional male/female roles and don't want to be the one to actually initiate communications... so many possiblities.

That said, I don't read much of anything into getting a profile view, but no message along with it...

Feb 22nd 2013 new
Thanks for the responses, all the views are quite reasonable and valid. smile
Personally, when a guy views my profile and doesn't send a message, I simply assume he isn't interested (since the guy supposedly should make a first move but he didn't). And when I view a guy's profile and find it interesting, I'd usually send him a message stating what stood out to me about the his profile. When I don't send a message, it could either be because I didn't think we'd be a good match or because I got the impression that he's the conservative type who'd prefer to initiate contact (in which case I wouldn't want to burst his bubble tongue).
From a previous thread I read about what people think of emotigrams, some guys indicated they strictly preferred to initiate contact while some guys indicated they appreciate when a lady leaves a hint after viewing his profile (eg, sending an emotigram or message, answering his interview questions, or simply liking a photo). According to the later category, a hint from the lady is an ice breaker fluffy letting him know it's okay for him to contact her, otherwise he would assume she wasn't interested.
On the other hand, more women indicated that they'd usually not initiate contact as they believe just viewing the guy's profile is on its own a hint to the guy to contact her if he wishes. And some don't send a message or emotigram simply because they don't know what to say in it. Which means that it is possible that one views the profile of another and likes it but doesn't initiate contact, and the other assumes that the viewer wasn't interested and doesn't bother to initiate contact either. Personally, I don't hesitate to send out a message to say I liked a profile after viewing it. wink
Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: If I look and don't at least say hello it means one of two things: either I'm not interested o...
(Quote) Matthew-831994 said: If I look and don't at least say hello it means one of two things: either I'm not interested or I think she's out of my league.
--hide--

Before concluding a lady whose profile you like is "out of your league", I'd suggest reaching out to her and see how she responds.. I personally think there's only one league - God's league - and hopefully everyone on CM is on that league scratchchin smile

Feb 22nd 2013 new

1. It sounds like I'm a little bit of an oddity, but I don't really look at who viewed me. To be honest, if I knew how to shut off that feature, I would. smile I don't really think about the men who pass me on the street but don't do more than glance at me, either. I don't need to interest a large number of men - just the right one. Paying attention to the men who glanced my way but weren't interested enough to sent an emote or a hello would just be needlessly demoralizing.

2. If I'm looking at their profile, either they appeared on my match list or they said something in the forums and I wanted to know a little bit more about them. If I didn't send an emote, it's because nothing in their profile made me think we could potentially connect. There was nothing that made me think, "Oh, I'm interested in talking to them more about that topic/experience/interest/etc."

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-943274 said: 1. It sounds like I'm a little bit of an oddity, but I don't really look at who viewe...
(Quote) Elizabeth-943274 said:

1. It sounds like I'm a little bit of an oddity, but I don't really look at who viewed me. To be honest, if I knew how to shut off that feature, I would. I don't really think about the men who pass me on the street but don't do more than glance at me, either. I don't need to interest a large number of men - just the right one. Paying attention to the men who glanced my way but weren't interested enough to sent an emote or a hello would just be needlessly demoralizing.

2. If I'm looking at their profile, either they appeared on my match list or they said something in the forums and I wanted to know a little bit more about them. If I didn't send an emote, it's because nothing in their profile made me think we could potentially connect. There was nothing that made me think, "Oh, I'm interested in talking to them more about that topic/experience/interest/etc."

--hide--

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and welcome to CM. wave present party balloon Happy Birthday!

Feb 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Happy Birthday Elizabeth and welcome to CM.
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and welcome to CM.

--hide--

Thanks, Shara! Happy to be here. smile

Feb 23rd 2013 new
I agree Angela. In the beginning I took it personally and thought, Wow I'm a great gal what didn't they like with me? But then as I viewed profiles, I realized it's not that they maybe didn't like me, maybe I lived too far, didn't agree with some things that they did or whatever. So now I look at it differently and it's not a big deal. We look at profiles to see if this person is appealing to us, has the same views, sounds interesting. I will not be appealing to everyone, just as every man is not appealing to me.
Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Chuka-941523 said: Before concluding a lady whose profile you like is "out of your league", I'd ...
(Quote) Chuka-941523 said:

Before concluding a lady whose profile you like is "out of your league", I'd suggest reaching out to her and see how she responds.. I personally think there's only one league - God's league - and hopefully everyone on CM is on that league

--hide--

In a perfect world, I think you're right, but experience has shown me otherwise. I was hoping for a little better on CM when I joined, but I find it's no better than any other dating site when it comes to that.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

1. Curiosity

2. Curiosity

Really nothing more than that. I don't overthink it and read anything more into it. It's like someone glancing at you. Could be a flirtation, or it could be I'm just standing under the clock.

Posts 11 - 20 of 22