Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 25th 2013 new
Sad. Please don't do this to yourself!
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Only prayer, fasting and humility will restore the faith. Pride and arrogance has opened the door...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Only prayer, fasting and humility will restore the faith. Pride and arrogance has opened the door for demonic secularism.
--hide--

Tesreday's Mass reading spoke to corruption in the Church and what to do about it:

Join with others in being imitators of me, brothers and sisters,
and observe those who thus conduct themselves
according to the model you have in us.
For many, as I have often told you
and now tell you even in tears,
conduct themselves as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Their end is destruction.
Their God is their stomach;
their glory is in their “shame.”
Their minds are occupied with earthly things.
But our citizenship is in heaven,
and from it we also await a savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
He will change our lowly body
to conform with his glorified body
by the power that enables him also
to bring all things into subjection to himself.

Therefore, my brothers and sisters,
whom I love and long for, my joy and crown,
in this way stand firm in the Lord.

- Phil 3:17 - 4:1

Christ said that there would always be corruption in the Church:

He proposed another parable to them. "The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everyone was asleep his enemy came and sowed weeds 10 all through the wheat, and then went off. When the crop grew and bore fruit, the weeds appeared as well. The slaves of the householder came to him and said, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?' He answered, 'An enemy has done this.' His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

- Mt 13-24-30

There will be corruption. Christ told us so. We must never condone or even tacitly support it. But we correct it not by complaining, not by becoming discouraged and spreading dismay or discouragement among the faithful. We must have steadfast faith and remain faithful. We must live right. We must pray. We must spread hope. Above all we must LOVE.
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Tesreday's Mass reading spoke to corruption in the Church and what to do about i...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Tesreday's Mass reading spoke to corruption in the Church and what to do about it:

He proposed another parable to them. "The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everyone was asleep his enemy came and sowed weeds 10 all through the wheat, and then went off. When the crop grew and bore fruit, the weeds appeared as well. The slaves of the householder came to him and said, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?' He answered, 'An enemy has done this.' His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."'"

- Mt 13-24-30

There will be corruption. Christ told us so. We must never condone or even tacitly support it. But we correct it not by complaining, not by becoming discouraged and spreading dismay or discouragement among the faithful. We must have steadfast faith and remain faithful. We must live right. We must pray. We must spread hope. Above all we must LOVE.

--hide--
Thanks, David. theheart

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Thanks, David. theheart
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Thanks, David. theheart

--hide--

Thanks Nilda. Why focs on the bad? Anything that separates us from the love of Christ, his Church, or the Sacraments is NOT good. We must remain faithful, be holy, pray, and be salt and leaven in our families, workplaces, and communities. God takes care of the rest.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Thanks Nilda. Why focs on the bad? Anything that separates us from the love of Chris...

Thanks Nilda. Why focs on the bad? Anything that separates us from the love of Christ, his Church, or the Sacraments is NOT good. We must remain faithful, be holy, pray, and be salt and leaven in our families, workplaces, and communities. God takes care of the rest.

--hide--
I would rather be the ostrich, and avoid the evil stench of those harrassing, bashing the Church articles that many take delight in reading and spreading around like good butter. Give me a break! irked The ancients dealt with all manner of attacks on the Church, and we will too. We'll just keep being the good Catholics we're called to be until the Lord comes again. Even if our numbers are few. theheart

Feb 25th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: No. I don't condone that. Not in the least. I wasn't addressing Vatican officia...

No. I don't condone that. Not in the least. I wasn't addressing Vatican officials but rather those who use these forums to disparage and revile the entire hierarchy for the actions of some wayward priests and bishops. I pray for the Church every day and God will take care of it in his time and manner. But to spread discouragement and distaste for the church's leaders, however bad some of them are, is NOT a good thing and I urge everyone to stop doing it - at least in the manner in which it's being done. You can understand that distinction, can't you?

--hide--

I'm saying pray for them. Don't stick you head in the sand is all I am saying and pretend all is fine. My faith isn't built on ecclesiastics.
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I'm saying pray for them. Don't stick you head in the sand is all I am saying and pretend...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

I'm saying pray for them. Don't stick you head in the sand is all I am saying and pretend all is fine. My faith isn't built on ecclesiastics.
--hide--
Change is in the works and we can thank Pope Benedict for the changes coming in the next 20 years. Also Cardinal Burke will be involved. God is good and He hears his people. Check this out it tells a lot of what we don't hear in the media.www.crisismagazine.com

Feb 25th 2013 new

As one priest puts it the church is both sinful and sin less as I will put it about this president and all thats around him as totally sinful glad i did not vote for him this time around .

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Tesreday's Mass reading spoke to corruption in the Church and what to do about i...

- Mt 13-24-30

--hide--

Well said, David!

While I do agree that there is corruption in the church and that things may be worse now than they have been in a while (especially when you consider some of the prophecies given by saints in previous eras, for brevity I won't go into it), I agree that the approach is to pray, to discern well what are the TRUE teachings of the church and to LOVINGLY correct those in error. Focusing on the sensationalism and negativity actually gives the devil strenght in his evil doings. Stick to the straight and narrow and don't indulge the wrong-doers by focusing too much on their activities.

Posts 21 - 29 of 29