Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

We have a talk-show host in New York, Giraldo Rivera, who advocates the need for putting the Father's name on
the birth certificate. He thinks that will be important for many reasons, including support of the child.

In thinking about that, it might also be a good idea to put the Father's name and Social Security Number
on the application for an abortion. Sometimes the Father does not even know he conceived a child.

It might even give the Father a sense of responsibility or hopefully, a second thought about what he is actually
doing to a life, he created, rather than it being so antiseptic and removed from his lifestyle.

Any thoughts on this?

Feb 23rd 2013 new

The more I think about having to have both parent's names on the application for an abortion,
the more I think it may actually cause thought and dialogue between the parents. It would
be even better if the two parents had to go together to sign the abortion forms.

Maybe the Mother would want to end her child's life, but what if the Father does not even
know about it. He may never know about his child. Having the requirement of the Father's
name, or presence, could/would insure that the Father have some input.

Any dialogue between the parents would be more of a chance for the two involved to
see that they have a life given to them by God. Even if they did not want to keep
the baby, it is still their child, and their choice to give it life. Once they give the
child its chance in this world, it can be put up for adoption.

Is this a long shot or just plain impossible? I think it would help some, in the long run!

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I would guess:

- many mothers don't know who fathered the child;
- many fathers are the ones pushing the mother to abort;
- if a gal can't/won't provide the father's info, either the abortioner will fake something (after all, if there's no such SSN, once the baby is dead, what do you say? "Ooops"?) ... or the gal will resort to home aborting or "back alley".

I think requiring notice to the father is admirable, but I don't see how it can be managed in a sure-fire way.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: We have a talk-show host in New York, Giraldo Rivera, who advocates the need for putting the F...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

We have a talk-show host in New York, Giraldo Rivera, who advocates the need for putting the Father's name on
the birth certificate. He thinks that will be important for many reasons, including support of the child.

In thinking about that, it might also be a good idea to put the Father's name and Social Security Number
on the application for an abortion. Sometimes the Father does not even know he conceived a child.

It might even give the Father a sense of responsibility or hopefully, a second thought about what he is actually
doing to a life, he created, rather than it being so antiseptic and removed from his lifestyle.

Any thoughts on this?

--hide--
I think it's a good idea, Marianne. On a recent thread about holding the mother responsible for an abortion, I brought up the fact that the man should also bear the responsiblity even if it is difficult to track him down, or if he is unaware of the pregnancy.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would guess:- many mothers don't know who fathered the child;- many fathers are...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I would guess:

- many mothers don't know who fathered the child;
- many fathers are the ones pushing the mother to abort;
- if a gal can't/won't provide the father's info, either the abortioner will fake something (after all, if there's no such SSN, once the baby is dead, what do you say? "Ooops"?) ... or the gal will resort to home aborting or "back alley".

I think requiring notice to the father is admirable, but I don't see how it can be managed in a sure-fire way.

--hide--

It should be necessary for a man and a woman to be present at an abortion. If the mother cannot find
the father or does not know the father, another man will have to represent the father.

Maybe they should require Social Security numbers for both parents to be included on on the application?
How about pictures of both parents taken at the time of the abortion and included on the application?

I think anything would be better than the clean, quick, down-the-drain-of-a-life situation they have today.
It seems that is how the pro-abortion campaigners want it to be like--thoughtless, painless, and forgetable.

Frankly, I think anything that will prolong the process and add more time to think, will provoke more
responsibility in the long run.

Thank you for your comments, Marge.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I think it's a good idea, Marianne. On a recent thread about holding the mother responsible f...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I think it's a good idea, Marianne. On a recent thread about holding the mother responsible for an abortion, I brought up the fact that the man should also bear the responsiblity even if it is difficult to track him down, or if he is unaware of the pregnancy.

--hide--

Well, the Mother really is always responsible, or left with the responsibility. It is high time the man be given
half of it, as you say.

It may be hard or impossible to do, but if pro lifers would at least try to get some input into the process,
instead of just trying to have abortion ended (which they have not been able to do so far), there may be some
turnaround in the consciences of those involved in the killings.

Thank you, Nilda.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: (Quote) Marianne-100218 said: We have a talk-show host in New York, Girald...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Quote:
Marianne-100218 said:

Any thoughts on this?

--hide--

A problem develops with how anyone is going to verify the father's identity? DNA testing before the abortion? I wonder what the abortion rights activists would have to say about this given that they fight potential laws from being enacted to even require the mother to view a sonogram before making the decision whether to abort or not. I can see a whole mess created with false accusations being brought to light if this were to arbitrarily added. Then you know it's only a half step away before that information will be part of everyone's public social media information.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: A problem develops with how anyone is going to verify the father's identity? ...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

A problem develops with how anyone is going to verify the father's identity? DNA testing before the abortion? I wonder what the abortion rights activists would have to say about this given that they fight potential laws from being enacted to even require the mother to view a sonogram before making the decision whether to abort or not. I can see a whole mess created with false accusations being brought to light if this were to arbitrarily added. Then you know it's only a half step away before that information will be part of everyone's public social media information.

--hide--
As Marianne said, "It may be hard or impossible to do". Something done would be better than nothing. Women are not cats or dogs (although some behave as they are), and anything that can be done to make the other partner accountable would be a step in reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. Some cases will never be verifiable -- that's a given. Years ago, the parents would step in helping with identifying the culprit, helping with the doctor bills, raising the child if the two are minors. Not so much today. It's much easier to run her to the clinic and have the baby aborted. Scattering seed, throwing hands up in the air and pretty much saying "Catch me if you can" is getting very old. Creative thinking of any kind to minimize or end the horrible sin of abortion is something that we should all be doing. Thanks, again Marianne.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said:....Then you know it's only a half step away before that information will be part of everyone's p...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:....Then you know it's only a half step away before that information will be part of everyone's public social media information.
--hide--

That's what I was going to add. I don't' condone abortion in any way, but I also think any sort of medical procedure should not be a public record except in cases of contagious disease (Typhoid Mary comes to mind). We've lost too many personal freedoms in the last 15 years as it is.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: A problem develops with how anyone is going to verify the father's identity? ...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

--hide--

We all know there are loads of problems with the idea--but the concept in itself might help protect a baby from
abortion if it were possible to have both parents present at the murder of the child. It may get them to think
about what they are doing.

In America, everything is a problem, with the ACLU and all the other big mouths.

Posts 1 - 10 of 16