Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 16th 2013 new

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your church. In my country some churches were forced to close by some Islamic organisations and the government didn't do anything about that. It's so heart breaking that in your case it's the Catholic authorities who commanded the closing. I was told by my European friend who is a non-catholic that there's hardly any Catholic people in Western countries but then I found this site and knew there are still Catholics in America. I'm grateful and happy to know that. So please, if in the end the closing of your church is inevitable, don't ever lose your faith in the Catholic church. It saddens me more to lose my Catholic brothers and sisters. Keep attending the Mass, coz the Eucharist is our source of strength in facing this cruel world. Peace be with you and God blessm Praying

Mar 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Novie-945731 said: I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your church. In my country some churches were f...
(Quote) Novie-945731 said:

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your church. In my country some churches were forced to close by some Islamic organisations and the government didn't do anything about that. It's so heart breaking that in your case it's the Catholic authorities who commanded the closing. I was told by my European friend who is a non-catholic that there's hardly any Catholic people in Western countries but then I found this site and knew there are still Catholics in America. I'm grateful and happy to know that. So please, if in the end the closing of your church is inevitable, don't ever lose your faith in the Catholic church. It saddens me more to lose my Catholic brothers and sisters. Keep attending the Mass, coz the Eucharist is our source of strength in facing this cruel world. Peace be with you and God blessm

--hide--

Hi Novie ... Thanks for your encouragement ... As for the western countries, they are teemigngwith Catholics ,,, they just don't seem to go to church!

Mar 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: This could be a test of faith. I'm sure you will pass with flying colors. Keep focused o...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

This could be a test of faith. I'm sure you will pass with flying colors. Keep focused on Jesus.
--hide--

The test of faith is dealing with other Catholics, including the clergy, who look down on you for questioning what goes on. My grandmother did a lot of work at the church and rectory over the years. She never got any explanation or apology from the diocese. Yet we get criticized as the "bad Catholics" for not going along.

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 181 - 183 of 183