Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a cen...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a century old.

--hide--
yes you are almost there wink

Feb 23rd 2013 new

I have a gym membership. I try to alternate treadmill or other aerobic days with doing several sets on the weight lifting machines the other days.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

I like to do strength training as we age we lose muscle mass which is a metabolically active tissue. As far as cardio goes I really find running boring so I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.

Feb 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to h...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--
I went to the thrift stores and bought bunches of cheap videos and cd's I figured if I didn't like them no big deal they were cheap. I found quite a selection. People get rid of these items for newer ones to keep their routines fresh. Good luck with your new routine
Feb 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: I go to Spinning Class almost everyday for an hour. I also lift weights or do some core work for an hour abou...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

I go to Spinning Class almost everyday for an hour. I also lift weights or do some core work for an hour about six days a week. This has only been for about two years. At forty years old two tears ago I decided to loose weight and I went from 281 lbs to currently 188 lbs. I agree with the earlier posting it all starts and ends with your diet. Good luck.

--hide--
Congrats! I have l lost nearly 34 lbs this year and I only have about 8 more to go to get to my goal.
Feb 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to h...

--hide--
To borrow from Marita, should I start planning on my second midlife crisis? Andrew, age is a number, and there are women around my town who at 90 don't think they are old or barely slowing down. Hope your opening was a bit tongue in cheek.
Feb 23rd 2013 new

Great job Loretta. I know how hard the process is. Keep up the good work.

Feb 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.

--hide--

What are burpees? Just curious...

- Jennifer

Feb 23rd 2013 new

P90X is awesome. You will start out thinking, "I can't". Then realize, "I can" after just a few short weeks.

From someone who did P90X, stick with it. It is the ONE thing that I did finish and loved every minute. I am 53 1/2 and I did it 2 years ago. I will be doing P90X again in a couple of months.

X Me

Feb 23rd 2013 new

Oh by the way, you will learn to dislike Tony Horton..... but it is worth it. As he says "Anybody can do something for 30 seconds".

Posts 11 - 20 of 77