Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a cen...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a century old.

--hide--
yes you are almost there wink

02/23/2013 new

I have a gym membership. I try to alternate treadmill or other aerobic days with doing several sets on the weight lifting machines the other days.

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

I like to do strength training as we age we lose muscle mass which is a metabolically active tissue. As far as cardio goes I really find running boring so I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.

02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to h...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--
I went to the thrift stores and bought bunches of cheap videos and cd's I figured if I didn't like them no big deal they were cheap. I found quite a selection. People get rid of these items for newer ones to keep their routines fresh. Good luck with your new routine
02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said: I go to Spinning Class almost everyday for an hour. I also lift weights or do some core work for an hour abou...
(Quote) Brendan-824174 said:

I go to Spinning Class almost everyday for an hour. I also lift weights or do some core work for an hour about six days a week. This has only been for about two years. At forty years old two tears ago I decided to loose weight and I went from 281 lbs to currently 188 lbs. I agree with the earlier posting it all starts and ends with your diet. Good luck.

--hide--
Congrats! I have l lost nearly 34 lbs this year and I only have about 8 more to go to get to my goal.
02/23/2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to h...

--hide--
To borrow from Marita, should I start planning on my second midlife crisis? Andrew, age is a number, and there are women around my town who at 90 don't think they are old or barely slowing down. Hope your opening was a bit tongue in cheek.
02/23/2013 new

Great job Loretta. I know how hard the process is. Keep up the good work.

02/23/2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-903200 said: I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.
(Quote) Joseph-903200 said:

I'll jump rope or do intervals of burpees or something like that.

--hide--

What are burpees? Just curious...

- Jennifer

02/23/2013 new

P90X is awesome. You will start out thinking, "I can't". Then realize, "I can" after just a few short weeks.

From someone who did P90X, stick with it. It is the ONE thing that I did finish and loved every minute. I am 53 1/2 and I did it 2 years ago. I will be doing P90X again in a couple of months.

X Me

02/23/2013 new

Oh by the way, you will learn to dislike Tony Horton..... but it is worth it. As he says "Anybody can do something for 30 seconds".

Posts 11 - 20 of 77