Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I love dogs. I wish I had the time to take care of one or I would get one. The...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I love dogs. I wish I had the time to take care of one or I would get one. They are such great companions. Do any of the dogs go swimming with you?

--hide--

During the winter in addition to bball and indoor soccer the most fun I have is putting on my boots and walking on the snow covered golf course wth my dog - Bosco (named after the Saint not the chocolate like George from Sienfeld) near my house.

02/25/2013 new
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: What would "my" mid-life crisis have to do with other people's age? I just don&...

What would "my" mid-life crisis have to do with other people's age? I just don't see the corelation. It was partially tounge in cheek and everyone would have their own defining points in life. Age is just a number and everyone goes through trials and tribulations at different points in their life, for me its 30.

--hide--
Y Andrew, You are right your mid life crisis has nothing to do with anyone else's age. Sarcastic right back. I know many people where 30 really bothered them, think you are the first I heard call it a "mid-life crisis" thou.
02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Y Andrew, You are right your mid life crisis has nothing to do with anyone else's age. Sarcastic...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: Y Andrew, You are right your mid life crisis has nothing to do with anyone else's age. Sarcastic right back. I know many people where 30 really bothered them, think you are the first I heard call it a "mid-life crisis" thou.
--hide--

laughing Yes you are probably right. Just this year for me has been some of the biggest changes of my life so far. So right now it probably feels like the so called "mid-life crisis", probalby in a fews years, i will say that this was cake walk.

02/25/2013 new

Burpees are something like going into a squat then into a push-up back up again, and then jump as high as you can.

02/25/2013 new

I lift upper body and select lower body at least twice a week; I have a muscular lower body, so I let higher resistance settings on the elliptical take care of the lower body for the most part. I use the elliptical three times a week, and swim at least once a week, a 1/2 mile or more. During the summer, I move my running outside and only lift twice a week indoors, but swim more often. At this point, though, if my knees resist road running, I'll keep on the track, golf course (when its not in use) or elliptical for joints. . .

02/25/2013 new
Small steps are best in my opinion. Started with a food logger website, I used loseit.com. With that started out cutting out pizza, burgers and soda except for once in a while. From there added some aerobics and calistetics. After a while of that once I actually had some energy I did Insanity, which is the same company as p90x. Pretty much the same thing, but now equipment needed. Then after I was done with that and had to give the DVDs back to my brother, I started using bodyrock.tv. You guys need to be careful, because the female trainers aren't the most modestly dressed, but it's a great resource for strength training. All that took about a year, but it was very sustainable and the 50 lbs I lost speak for the results. The important thing is to not shock your system by thinking it will be easy so start small. A karate kid style montage is not going to get you the results you want.
02/25/2013 new
I enjoy going on pilgrimages and walking in the footsteps of others who have gone before us in faith, though the primary goal is spiritual, I find that when seeking first the kingdom of God as Matthew 6 tells us to do, our other needs like physical health are taken care of. Saint Paul clearly states that setting aside time for physical fitness activities may be an indication of a disordered attachment to material pursuits. Just a thought from a servant in Christ!
02/25/2013 new

I make the circuit of the weight room, concentrating a lot on my arms right now because I want to work on truly learning to use a longbow this summer. I do about 45 minutes to an hour of cardio - right now since I'm in grad school, a lot of stationary bicycle because I can study and pedal at the same time. (Ten miles is about three chapters, by the way.) I have a 5K in a month though, so I'm going to have to start stacking my training back toward running more.

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: Small steps are best in my opinion. Started with a food logger website, I used loseit.com. With that st...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: Small steps are best in my opinion. Started with a food logger website, I used loseit.com. With that started out cutting out pizza, burgers and soda except for once in a while. From there added some aerobics and calistetics. After a while of that once I actually had some energy I did Insanity, which is the same company as p90x. Pretty much the same thing, but now equipment needed. Then after I was done with that and had to give the DVDs back to my brother, I started using bodyrock.tv. You guys need to be careful, because the female trainers aren't the most modestly dressed, but it's a great resource for strength training. All that took about a year, but it was very sustainable and the 50 lbs I lost speak for the results. The important thing is to not shock your system by thinking it will be easy so start small. A karate kid style montage is not going to get you the results you want.
--hide--

Ah..but I love standing there saying "Wax on...wax off!"

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week at work and off a week. But, while you ask this, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Insanity Workouts? Lauren

Posts 31 - 40 of 77