Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new
Ok a few things I find helpful, leave the car at home when possible walk to get from A to B. Exercise with a friend:-) Also a hugely important thing for me is to exercise straight after work. I love skipping or running and the odd swim in the summer:-)

Well done for deciding to get fit:-)

Ps I am a physio so I love to hear that people are exercising:-)
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I agree its how the military did it for me, except my case put on weight. ...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

I agree its how the military did it for me, except my case put on weight.

--hide--

Thank you for serving! theheart

Feb 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week at wor...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week at work and off a week. But, while you ask this, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Insanity Workouts? Lauren

--hide--

Yup, I did Insanity. It's a great workout and it worked pretty well for me. Anything in particular you'd like to know?
Feb 25th 2013 new
Don't know about you guys, but I have to get my work-out in during the morning time, preferably before work. By the time I'm off in the evenings, I am ready for dinner and just want to unwind before I have to get ready for bed.
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week...

My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week at work and off a week. But, while you ask this, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Insanity Workouts? Lauren

--hide--

Yes, I LOVE Insanity! I just started doing it a second time but I'm mixing it in with running outside now that it's starting to warm up a bit. Insanity is nice because it really pushes you and makes you stronger, but you can take breaks for water when you really need to. It's up to you how you do it.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: Yup, I did Insanity. It's a great workout and it worked pretty well for me. Anything in par...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said:

Yup, I did Insanity. It's a great workout and it worked pretty well for me. Anything in particular you'd like to know?
--hide--

Hi Daniel, not sure what I'd like to know about it. I saw an advertisement for it last night. What do you think someone interested in it should know about it? And, thanks smile

Feb 25th 2013 new

Thanks Kelly! I saw an ad for it last night. Reminded me of good old calisthenics only maybe seriously amped up lol. Lauren

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-943631 said: I enjoy going on pilgrimages and walking in the footsteps of others who have gone before us in faith, tho...
(Quote) Mark-943631 said: I enjoy going on pilgrimages and walking in the footsteps of others who have gone before us in faith, though the primary goal is spiritual, I find that when seeking first the kingdom of God as Matthew 6 tells us to do, our other needs like physical health are taken care of. Saint Paul clearly states that setting aside time for physical fitness activities may be an indication of a disordered attachment to material pursuits. Just a thought from a servant in Christ!
--hide--
Focusing on ones physical appearance for the sake of vanity is one thing. Treating your body as the temple of God and thereby taking care of its needs in the form of proper nutrition and physical maintainace is another story.

Feb 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Daniel, not sure what I'd like to know about it. I saw an advertisement for it last ni...

Hi Daniel, not sure what I'd like to know about it. I saw an advertisement for it last night. What do you think someone interested in it should know about it? And, thanks

--hide--

Yup it is pretty much good old fashioned calesthenics. From my experience, you get what you put in, but you can definitely push yourself too hard too quickly. Be careful if you do try it, stay within your limits. I recommend trying the fit test. I saw it was available on YouTube. Try it out. And don't be afraid to slow down, get water. Best of luck to you.
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My son in law started the P90X, not sure how he's doing with it, as he is on a week...

--hide--

Insanity works pretty good from what i've seen. My younger brother has been doing it for about 2 months or so now. He looks great and I think he should be the one on the video now haha. Only reason I didn't choose that one is it seems like it would be too hard on my knees.

Posts 41 - 50 of 77