Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: Insanity works pretty good from what i've seen. My younger brother has bee...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

Insanity works pretty good from what i've seen. My younger brother has been doing it for about 2 months or so now. He looks great and I think he should be the one on the video now haha. Only reason I didn't choose that one is it seems like it would be too hard on my knees.

--hide--

Thanks Andrew, hadn't thought about the knee impact. Lauren

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Daniel-726519 said: Yup it is pretty much good old fashioned calesthenics. From my experience, you get what you put...
(Quote) Daniel-726519 said:

Yup it is pretty much good old fashioned calesthenics. From my experience, you get what you put in, but you can definitely push yourself too hard too quickly. Be careful if you do try it, stay within your limits. I recommend trying the fit test. I saw it was available on YouTube. Try it out. And don't be afraid to slow down, get water. Best of luck to you.
--hide--

Thanks Daniel. Lauren

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Thanks Andrew, hadn't thought about the knee impact. Lauren
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Thanks Andrew, hadn't thought about the knee impact. Lauren

--hide--

I'm only going off of the one workout that I saw my brother do and there was a lot of jumping from what I saw.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

If you are going through a midlife crisis, then I must be dead! weeping faint

Feb 25th 2013 new

I go to the gym when I get off of work, and on a low carb diet. Need get back into working and running but have'nt yet

Feb 25th 2013 new

YOGA!

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a cen...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

You mean I'm almost at my midlife crisis? lol. Two years ago I was barely a quarter of a century old.

--hide--

No you are not at your midlife crisis and won't be there till 10-15 years and may never get there- in terms of the crisis part.

I do resistance training most days and then throw in cardio.

Feb 26th 2013 new

Partner dancing, because it will be something you can do for a long time.

Weight training 3x/wk and definitely watch the diet (toughest part for me.)

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordere...

I'm currently going through my mid-life crisis after turning 30 this year I currently ordered P90X to help get me back into shape and stay healthy. I'm kinda curious what other programs or routines that anybody is doing to stay in shape.

--hide--

I carpool with a guy who did P90X and he didn't lose much weight or gain much muscle. Then he changed his diet and started working on his nutrition by frequenting a nutrition store and went back on P90X and he dropped 30 lbs. He's still doing the same by exercising and watching his diet and doing P90X along with Insanity (I think that's the name). He mixes the two b/c both feature things he likes, but I hate to say I can't recall which offers what and how he mixes them.

Mid-life crisis at 30........................huh? *l*

Feb 26th 2013 new
(Quote) Christina-339748 said: Partner dancing, because it will be something you can do for a long time.
(Quote) Christina-339748 said:

Partner dancing, because it will be something you can do for a long time.

--hide--
Christina, that's exactly what the guy who taught me how to dance said... "This is something we can do into our old age."
Posts 51 - 60 of 77