Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 24th 2013 new
I meant to say that I enjoy fiction books as well. My mistake!
Feb 24th 2013 new
Rereading Witness to Hope, The Infancy Narratives, and Maccabees.
Feb 24th 2013 new

The Bible and the Minneapolis Star Tribune sports page.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Dyan-943376 said: Yes, quite vocal about his Faith (interviews and so on), and I dare say his Odd Thomas series is a...
(Quote) Dyan-943376 said:

Yes, quite vocal about his Faith (interviews and so on), and I dare say his Odd Thomas series is a Catholic fiction novel (lots of references to GK Chesterton's philosophy and other Catholic ideas). He reminds me of a Catholic Stephen King.

--hide--

Very cool! I like GKC.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Candace-587406 said: I'm reading 2 books now. I'm not sure if I will finish them before they are due back at the li...
(Quote) Candace-587406 said: I'm reading 2 books now. I'm not sure if I will finish them before they are due back at the library. The first is I Declare by Joel Osteen. The second is Straight Talk, No Chaser by Steve Harvey. I like books that fit into the self-help category. Although, I do enjoy non-fiction and health magazines.
--hide--

Neat! They sound like good reads. Do you like them? Are they helpful? The second one looks quite interesting... scratchchin

Feb 25th 2013 new
Hi Hannah! wave

I really like the Joel Osteen book. I know he isn't Catholic, but he is such a good speaker and fills my hope tank. :) I have just started the Steve Harvey book. I'm trying to give it a chance. He is kind of 'worldy' as far as some of his dating views, but I feel there is good advice for women on how to understand men. I'm also waiting to get Life Code by Dr. Phil. I probably should have avoided ordering all these books at once from the library!
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Mark-943631 said: Rereading Witness to Hope, The Infancy Narratives, and Maccabees.
(Quote) Mark-943631 said: Rereading Witness to Hope, The Infancy Narratives, and Maccabees.
--hide--

I've wanted to read Witness to Hope for a while. Isn't it a biography of Pope John Paul II? Also, you can't go wrong with the Bible. smile

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: The Bible and the Minneapolis Star Tribune sports page.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

The Bible and the Minneapolis Star Tribune sports page.

--hide--

Are you starting at the beginning of the Bible and going forward or just reading certain parts?

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Candace-587406 said: Hi Hannah! I really like the Joel Osteen book. I know he isn't Catholic, but he is such a ...
(Quote) Candace-587406 said: Hi Hannah!

I really like the Joel Osteen book. I know he isn't Catholic, but he is such a good speaker and fills my hope tank. :) I have just started the Steve Harvey book. I'm trying to give it a chance. He is kind of 'worldy' as far as some of his dating views, but I feel there is good advice for women on how to understand men. I'm also waiting to get Life Code by Dr. Phil. I probably should have avoided ordering all these books at once from the library!
--hide--

Hi Candace smile

I haven't read books by Joel Osteen, but I have seen him speak. He is a good speaker. It sounds like he has some good things to say if he fills your hope tank. :) Hopefully you get something out the Steve Harvey book. What is Life Code about?

Feb 25th 2013 new
I'm reading The Last Olympian, the fifth book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. Great reads, all of them, especially if you have an interest in Greek mythology. Great humor, too.
Posts 11 - 20 of 92