Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You are now watching this topic.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Hi everyone! This is my first forum post. What books are you reading? Are they for Lent?...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Hi everyone! This is my first forum post.

What books are you reading? Are they for Lent? If so, I assume they're spiritual/theological. If not, what genre are they? If you're not reading books, are you reading magazines or blogs? What do you like about what you're reading?

--hide--
I hope you get more male responses to this question. I've been reading from my collection of spiritual books including the bible. I bought a book called Death comes to Pemberley that I plan to read after Lent. It's a national best seller by P.D. James. I love Jane Austen, and my favorite is Pride and Prejudice. This book is about a murder that takes place in Pemberley after Darcy and Elizabeth are married and she moves to Pemberley. Can't wait.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I'm reading The Paris Wife, about Hemmingway's first marriage. Also, Pulse of my Heart (true...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I'm reading The Paris Wife, about Hemmingway's first marriage. Also, Pulse of my Heart (true story) Call The Midwife (which was made into a PBS series.
--hide--

Is "The Paris Wife" good? What is Pulse of My Heart about? I think my parents watch the PBS series about the midwife. They like it. :)

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I hope you get more male responses to this question. I've been reading from my collection of ...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I hope you get more male responses to this question. I've been reading from my collection of spiritual books including the bible. I bought a book called Death comes to Pemberley that I plan to read after Lent. It's a national best seller by P.D. James. I love Jane Austen, and my favorite is Pride and Prejudice. This book is about a murder that takes place in Pemberley after Darcy and Elizabeth are married and she moves to Pemberley. Can't wait.

--hide--

laughing I hope so, too. Death Comes to Pemberley sounds like fun!

Feb 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Is "The Paris Wife" good? What is Pulse of My Heart about? I think my parents watch the PBS ...

Is "The Paris Wife" good? What is Pulse of My Heart about? I think my parents watch the PBS series about the midwife. They like it. :)

--hide--
The Paris Wife is good, but exposes Hemmingway for the man he was. Pulse of my Heart is the true story about a woman who was in need of heart transplant but could not get it because she would have rejected it. She is a classmate of mine, so it holds special insight to me.
Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Are you starting at the beginning of the Bible and going forward or just reading certai...

Are you starting at the beginning of the Bible and going forward or just reading certain parts?

--hide--

Over the years I've done both. Proverbs is one of my favorite parts.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Over the years I've done both. Proverbs is one of my favorite parts.
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Over the years I've done both. Proverbs is one of my favorite parts.

--hide--

Proverbs and Wisdom are two of my favorite Old Testament Books. Of the Epistle's have to say, John wins every time lol. Paul's grammar makes my eyes cross :-)) j/k.

Feb 25th 2013 new

I am reading The Centurion's Wife www.amazon.com by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn and The Eucharist: A Bible Study Guide For Catholics by Fr Mitch Pacwa, S.J.

I am reading the Centurion's Wife on my kindle and The Eucharist via paperback.

Feb 25th 2013 new
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Hi Candace I haven't read books by Joel Osteen, but I have seen him speak....

Hi Candace

I haven't read books by Joel Osteen, but I have seen him speak. He is a good speaker. It sounds like he has some good things to say if he fills your hope tank. :) Hopefully you get something out the Steve Harvey book. What is Life Code about?

--hide--

Dr. Phil's new book provides practical sense knowledge on how to survive in the current world, without getting used and abused by other people. It sounded interesting, and he is always mentioning the book on his show.

Here is a book description from Amazon:

In Life Code: The New Rules for Winning in the Real World, six-time New York Times #1 best-selling author Dr. Phil McGraw abandons traditional thinking and tells you the ugly truth about the users, abusers, and overall bad guys we all have in our lives. He also reveals the secrets of how they think and how they get to and exploit you and those you love. Youll gain incredible insight into these negative people, which he refers to as BAITERs (Backstabbers, Abusers, Imposters, Takers, Exploiters, Reckless), and youll gain the tools to protect yourself from their assaults. Dr. Phil's new book gives you the Evil Eight identifiers so you can see them coming from a mile away, as well as their Secret Playbook, which contains the Nefarious 15 tactics they use to exploit you and take what is yours mentally, physically, socially and professionally. Life Code then focuses on you and your playbook, which contains the Sweet 16 tactics for winning in the real world.
Feb 25th 2013 new

I am reading The End of the Present World and the Mysteries of the Future Life based on the conferences that Father Charles Arminjon gave back in the late 1800s.

Feb 25th 2013 new

I am reading Programming Ruby (2nd edition): The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide. Hey, I'm a computer programmer, so this stuff is fascinating to me. It would put most people to sleep. Prior to that, it was the Diary of St. Faustina and the books of Ezekiel, Isaiah, and Daniel from the Navarre Bible Study books with notations from many Early Church Fathers and St. Jose Maria Escriva.

Posts 21 - 30 of 92