Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Craig-940185 said: I am reading Programming Ruby (2nd edition): The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide. Hey, I'm a...
(Quote) Craig-940185 said:

I am reading Programming Ruby (2nd edition): The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide. Hey, I'm a computer programmer, so this stuff is fascinating to me. It would put most people to sleep. Prior to that, it was the Diary of St. Faustina and the books of Ezekiel, Isaiah, and Daniel from the Navarre Bible Study books with notations from many Early Church Fathers and St. Jose Maria Escriva.

--hide--

Whoops, I misspoke! embarassed I actually used that Ruby programming guide at work today. I'm currently reading Programming Ruby 1.9 & 2.0 (4th edition): The Pragmatic Programmers' Guide. smile

Feb 25th 2013 new

Whitey Bulger by Dick Lehr and Gerard ONeill

Feb 25th 2013 new

I am reading a book called Crackle. It is a book about war dogs during the Vietnam War.

My son is looking into enlisting in the Army and the recruiters are talking to him about being a K-9 dog trainer. So I watched some youtube videos and in the comments they recommended the book. They say it is about a seventh grade level and fictional but of some real life experiences.

youtu.be

Feb 25th 2013 new

The First World War; Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire; and Travels With Charlie

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Hi everyone! This is my first forum post. What books are you reading? Are they for Lent?...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Hi everyone! This is my first forum post.

What books are you reading? Are they for Lent? If so, I assume they're spiritual/theological. If not, what genre are they? If you're not reading books, are you reading magazines or blogs? What do you like about what you're reading?

--hide--

I'm currently reading Precious as Silver Imagining your life with God By Bishop George H. Niederauer and i'm reading it for lent as long as people from the parish.

Feb 25th 2013 new

I'm reading "Dead Man Walking" by Sister Helen Prejean. Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn starred in the movie of thesame name. Sister Helen is an excellent writer and researcher; she has a mind that cuts through clutter to the truth and is an excellent observer. I bought the paperback for 50 cents from an independent bookstore that was closing.

Feb 25th 2013 new

finished : A Bad Day for Sorry. Hilarious.

www.amazon.com

Six Frigates the epic history of the founding of the US Navy. Ian Toll. This was one of the best books I have ever read.

Reading now:
The Black Box. Micheal Connelly

How to build an Android. David Dufty

Knights of the Sea. David Hanna.

Feb 25th 2013 new

29 years ago, I read Faulkner's Light in August. I was 23 andliving in Los Angeles. I remember floating on a raft in the pool reading it. So now I'm re-reading it to see if it was as good as I remembered it. His language is something. About the only thing to compare it to is the Old testament or Shakespeare.

Feb 25th 2013 new
Oh, I fogot one Hannah...I'm on parish council and we are reading Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly. It's good and I would suggest it to anyone.
Feb 27th 2013 new

Thanks for all the responses, everyone! I might have to add some of these to my reading list. :)

Posts 31 - 40 of 92