Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Hi everyone! This is my first forum post. What books are you reading? Are they for Lent?...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Hi everyone! This is my first forum post.

What books are you reading? Are they for Lent? If so, I assume they're spiritual/theological. If not, what genre are they? If you're not reading books, are you reading magazines or blogs? What do you like about what you're reading?

--hide--

Jack Higgins..lots of spies and international intrigue and scary characters

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-252799 said: Whitey Bulger by Dick Lehr and Gerard ONeill
(Quote) Brian-252799 said:

Whitey Bulger by Dick Lehr and Gerard ONeill

--hide--

now that sounds like an interesting read...he was the big boss in boston if i remember correctly

Feb 27th 2013 new

When I read, it is usually the Bible. I got started reading the Bible later in life, so I am a bit behind. It is an awesome book.

God Bless,

Will

Feb 27th 2013 new

I'm reading Confessions of a Prayer Slacker. The author isn't Catholic but I'll read anything that might help me with my prayer life.

Feb 27th 2013 new

Hi Hanna,

I love to read and as a kid one could always find me with my nose in a book, lol. My brother's daughter, so my niece, is like that and it made my day last summer when we were at the cabin and she pulled out a book and started reading and my brother said, I tell her all the time she's just like her Aunt Lauren :-)). I so rarely get to read for fun these days. But, I read everyday. . .parasites, ancient DNA, Section 106 compliance, Wichita Indian history, Mercantilism, trade in the New World, etc. But, when I get those precious moments to read for fun, I want it to be something purely for fun, a good intriguing story with rich engaging characters and completely outside the realm of reality lol. I do have a book on widowhood that my daughter bought for me, but that is less than helpful and only serves to make me sad. . .so maybe I should take a jaunt to the book store. . .Spring Break is coming up :-))

Feb 27th 2013 new

I'm reading " First Comes Love, Finding Your Family in the Church and the Trinity " 2002 by Scott Walker Hahn

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Cynthia-875784 said: I'm reading Confessions of a Prayer Slacker. The author isn't Catholic but I'll rea...
(Quote) Cynthia-875784 said:

I'm reading Confessions of a Prayer Slacker. The author isn't Catholic but I'll read anything that might help me with my prayer life.

--hide--

I have this book on my kindle but I haven't read it yet. How is it?

Feb 27th 2013 new

I'm currently reading "the poison in your teeth" by McGuire

It's about the health hazards of the poison mercury amalgam (silver) fillings in our mouths and why they should be removed if you have them.

You never hear those fillings described as mercury fillings, they are usually called silver fillings. Those fillings contain about 50% mercury and 30% silver and the rest other metals.

I went to a mercury free dentist for an exam since I want my mercury fillings replaced and he gave me the book.

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I've wanted to read Witness to Hope for a while. Isn't it a biography of Pope J...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

I've wanted to read Witness to Hope for a while. Isn't it a biography of Pope John Paul II? Also, you can't go wrong with the Bible.

--hide--
I read it and watched the DVD. He is so inspiring. I try to stick to catholic reading when it comes to religion. Although, I do love philosophy, theology and biographies. And anything by great Catholic authors such as Archbishop Fulton Sheen, Timeless!!!!

Feb 27th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: 29 years ago, I read Faulkner's Light in August. I was 23 andliving in Los Angeles. I remembe...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

29 years ago, I read Faulkner's Light in August. I was 23 andliving in Los Angeles. I remember floating on a raft in the pool reading it. So now I'm re-reading it to see if it was as good as I remembered it. His language is something. About the only thing to compare it to is the Old testament or Shakespeare.

--hide--
I, too love to read books where the language is mesmerizizing. Fulton sheen is a great example of beautiful writing as are Hemingway & Shakespeare.

Posts 41 - 50 of 92