Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 1st 2013 new

"On Being George Washington" by Glenn Beck

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-13836 said: I'm curious Ron. What do you recommend when you're an adult with fillings that ...
(Quote) Jim-13836 said:

I'm curious Ron. What do you recommend when you're an adult with fillings that as you say, must surely contain some amount of mercury?

--hide--

As I noted in my previous post, I am reading "The poison in you teeth" by McGuire. The fillings contain about 50% mercury and are usually called silver fillings, but the silver is only about 30%. Mercury vapor is toxic and it's proven that the fillings give off toxic vapor when they are hot; like after eating something hot or chewing on them.
I plan to get mine replaced even though it is pretty expensive.

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: "On Being George Washington" by Glenn Beck
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

"On Being George Washington" by Glenn Beck

--hide--

I have heard Glenn Beck and Mark Levin speak highly of all the men of Washington's generation. How is the book, Jane?

Mar 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I've heard of emotional intelligence before. Is it the same thing as maturity? Bein...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

I've heard of emotional intelligence before. Is it the same thing as maturity? Being able to admit mistakes, not burden people too much with your problems, deal with your emotions in a mature way... is that what the book is about?

--hide--

It’s about how the emotional part of our brain functions. It's about dealing with our emotions ---e.g.: love, anger, sadness, fear, enjoyment, surprise, disgust, shame, guilt etc.---and using our emotional skills, cognitive skills and behavioral skills intelligently. It gives lessons and/or examples on how to helps us understand the importance of self-awareness, personal decision-making, managing feelings, handling stress, empathy, communications, self-disclosure, insight, self-acceptance, personal responsibility, assertiveness, group dynamics and conflict resolution. It makes us aware that the emotional mind is far quicker than the rational mind, springing into action without pausing even a moment to consider what it is doing. Actions that spring from the emotional mind carry a paticular strong sense of certainty, a by-product of a streamlined simplified way of looking of things that can be absolutely bewildering to the rational mind. It gives us entirely new way of looking at the root causes of many of the ills of our society and our families. The emotional iltelligence matter more than IQ. It redifines what it means to be smart. It also make us realize that smart people or the genius can also be dumb sometimes.smile

Mar 1st 2013 new

Almost finished with the Emotional Intelligence book I'm reading, 4 pages to go and I'm done clap

I just started reading the Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss, Phd

Mar 1st 2013 new
This Lent, I'll be reading a couple of books that I think will help me to remember what the season is all about --- "And the Angels Were Silent" and "The Last Six Hours", both by Max Lucado (Christian writer) . I bought them years ago and decided to reread it. "And the Angels Were Silent" is a walk through the last week of Jesus life on earth...and "The Last Six Hours" is about Jesus' last 6 hours leading up to His crucifixion.
Mar 1st 2013 new

Reading a couple books now: The Brothers Karamazov and Life on the Mississippi

:)

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: I'm reading Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. An interest...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

I'm reading Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman. An interesting book that "redifines what it means to be smart". Very informative, impressive, full of insights and based on scientific evidence.

--hide--
Hi Lea, Five-Star recommendation !

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Lea-938919 said: It’s about how the emotional part of our brain functions. It's about dealing with our...
(Quote) Lea-938919 said:

It’s about how the emotional part of our brain functions. It's about dealing with our emotions ---e.g.: love, anger, sadness, fear, enjoyment, surprise, disgust, shame, guilt etc.---and using our emotional skills, cognitive skills and behavioral skills intelligently. It gives lessons and/or examples on how to helps us understand the importance of self-awareness, personal decision-making, managing feelings, handling stress, empathy, communications, self-disclosure, insight, self-acceptance, personal responsibility, assertiveness, group dynamics and conflict resolution. It makes us aware that the emotional mind is far quicker than the rational mind, springing into action without pausing even a moment to consider what it is doing. Actions that spring from the emotional mind carry a paticular strong sense of certainty, a by-product of a streamlined simplified way of looking of things that can be absolutely bewildering to the rational mind. It gives us entirely new way of looking at the root causes of many of the ills of our society and our families. The emotional iltelligence matter more than IQ. It redifines what it means to be smart. It also make us realize that smart people or the genius can also be dumb sometimes.

--hide--

This is fascinating! Thanks for sharing with us!

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) May-414643 said: This Lent, I'll be reading a couple of books that I think will help me to remember what the season is ...
(Quote) May-414643 said: This Lent, I'll be reading a couple of books that I think will help me to remember what the season is all about --- "And the Angels Were Silent" and "The Last Six Hours", both by Max Lucado (Christian writer) . I bought them years ago and decided to reread it. "And the Angels Were Silent" is a walk through the last week of Jesus life on earth...and "The Last Six Hours" is about Jesus' last 6 hours leading up to His crucifixion.
--hide--

These look good, May. Good choices.

Posts 71 - 80 of 92