Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-866073 said: Reading a couple books now: The Brothers Karamazov and Life on the Mississippi :...
(Quote) Thomas-866073 said:

Reading a couple books now: The Brothers Karamazov and Life on the Mississippi

:)

--hide--

Cool! I tried reading Brothers K once and didn't make it very far. Do you like it? What is Life on the Mississippi about?

Mar 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Lea, Five-Star recommendation !
(Quote) Bernie-645443 said:

Hi Lea, Five-Star recommendation !

--hide--

Thanks Bernie. You can also check my new topic/post Lessons I Learned In Life smile

Mar 5th 2013 new

Non-Lent: Middlemarch, Guide to Knitting (I have to teach myself. I have to!). A Year with St. Luke (Magnificat Gospel of ST. Luke companion)

Lent: Lent and Easter with John Paul II; Death on a Friday Afternoon (Best Lent book EVER); the Way of Perfection

Mar 6th 2013 new

The Four Faultless Felons, G.K. Chesterton. A Rifleman Went to War, Herbert W. McBride. The Professor and the Madman, Simon Winchester. Sniping in France, Hesketh Vernon Hesketh Prichard. Way to Happiness, Fulton J. Sheen. Killer Angels, Michael Shaara.

Mar 7th 2013 new

I'm currently reading On the Christian Meaning of Suffering (Salvifici Doloris) by Bl. John Paul II, Praying with Padre Pio by Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti, and The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis. I am reading for Lent but I plan to continue reading after Lent. I'm enjoying my reading and I think it's going to prove helpful in my spiritual life.

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Emily-647155 said: Non-Lent: Middlemarch, Guide to Knitting (I have to teach myself. I have to!). A Year with St. Lu...
(Quote) Emily-647155 said:

Non-Lent: Middlemarch, Guide to Knitting (I have to teach myself. I have to!). A Year with St. Luke (Magnificat Gospel of ST. Luke companion)

Lent: Lent and Easter with John Paul II; Death on a Friday Afternoon (Best Lent book EVER); the Way of Perfection

--hide--

Cool! These look great!

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Christopher-804542 said: The Four Faultless Felons, G.K. Chesterton. A Rifleman Went to War, Herbert W. McBride. The...
(Quote) Christopher-804542 said:

The Four Faultless Felons, G.K. Chesterton. A Rifleman Went to War, Herbert W. McBride. The Professor and the Madman, Simon Winchester. Sniping in France, Hesketh Vernon Hesketh Prichard. Way to Happiness, Fulton J. Sheen. Killer Angels, Michael Shaara.

--hide--

These also look really good. I read Killer Angels for high school and loved it. :)

Mar 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Allison-949110 said: I'm currently reading On the Christian Meaning of Suffering (Salvifici Doloris) by...
(Quote) Allison-949110 said:

I'm currently reading On the Christian Meaning of Suffering (Salvifici Doloris) by Bl. John Paul II, Praying with Padre Pio by Eileen Dunn Bertanzetti, and The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis. I am reading for Lent but I plan to continue reading after Lent. I'm enjoying my reading and I think it's going to prove helpful in my spiritual life.

--hide--

Great choices! I'm really curious about the first one. Anything by Bl. Pope John Paul II is bound to be good. :)

Mar 7th 2013 new

The End of Economic Man by George P. Brockway; Exchange Rate Regimes in the Modern Era by Michael Klein and Jay Shambaugh. Also getting in the mail The Legal Foundations of Capitalism by John Commons.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: Great choices! I'm really curious about the first one. Anything by Bl. Pope John Pa...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

Great choices! I'm really curious about the first one. Anything by Bl. Pope John Paul II is bound to be good. :)

--hide--

It is good but a bit of a hard read. I find myself having to re-read what I just read sometimes. I think Bl. John Paul II knew a lot about suffering so he definitely knew what he was talking about.

Posts 81 - 90 of 92