Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 24th 2013 new

Maybe it's an Arkansas thing ... don't know. Just saying thin girls are in the minority here, and they are not as popular.

Feb 24th 2013 new

I wouldn't say it's something exclusive or "worse" with Catholic men. In online dating all you have to go by is a photograph and some text that is essentially a resume.

Online dating is a lot like job hunting. You put your resume out there, it gets screened then maybe goes onto an email interview to a phone interview to finally an in person interview. At any point in that process the other party may decide that you're not a good fit together.

I'll admit with dating I'm physically attracted to a certain type of man. I prefer someone taller than me (which isn't a stretch for most men.) I also prefer a certain body shape and hair. I'm not attracted to "husky" guys or anyone with a "few pounds" on them.

God bless in your efforts!

Feb 24th 2013 new

When my sister got married a few years ago, we noticed a lot of "big" girls or ladies trying on bridal gowns at David's Bridal. Guys are not only dating them, but marrying them. You also see plenty of heavy women on those bridal shows like, "Say Yes To The Dress."

I think a heavier girl with a pretty face has a better chance over a thin girl with a plain face. The guy figures she can lose the weight. Regardless of size, if the girl has a "reputation" she'll get guys. Not quality, but quantity. boggled

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Sweetie, I can't speak to your location, but I've been kind of noticing ove...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Sweetie, I can't speak to your location, but I've been kind of noticing over the last couple of years that there are a lot of guys out there who like big, beautiful women. They've told me so. No matter what size we are, what is wrong with looking the best we can look? Just wondering.

--hide--

I think it does boil down to a subjectiveness and probably location. Although, I've had a few guys tell me that skinny girls, like really skinny, like Posh Spice skinny, is quite disgusting.

But there is a level isn't it, when does chunky become too chunky? Size 18? 20? Is 14 too skinny?

End of the day I just shrugg it off. For some guys it will be about the apperance of a supermodel on their arm, for others its all about sex, for others its about personality, to heck with weight.

I find the whole social dynamic interesting, nonetheless.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Gayle-177908 said: So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or ar...
(Quote) Gayle-177908 said:

So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or are Catholic men especially picky when it comes to the "size" of the women they date? I have many different size Catholic friends and it seems that the only Catholic women that are single are the ones with a little more to love. I also know many single Catholic men (friends) and they have admitted to me that they are on the lookout for only thin women. Thoughts?

--hide--
To some guys a little meat on the bones was attractive but this also ment that her bossom,waistline, and hips were quite distinguishable. Has anyone thought of what a few extra pounds is doing to our health. I have two sisters both 40+ pounds over weight and both have a lot of physical ailments . 60% of americans are obease. IT is a health epidemic. I like ordinary built women with big hair. If she looks like peter pan and, when all you have to go by is a photo I generally will pass over reading her profile. When shopping on line for a mate or companion it is just like shopping for anything else be it a shirt, blouse, or something in between. You ae not sure of what you have until you receive it are hold it in your hands. Also you cannot label and box up men just because we are Catholic. nuff said! Jerome

Feb 24th 2013 new

two cents I've met somewhere between 50 and 80 CMers in person. As a general rule, the only reason I can see that most of the ladies are single is because they are a bit heavy. Otherwise, they are all lovely people.
As for the men, the biggest reasons that most of them are single seem to be: lack of polished manners (opening doors, saying thank you, offering their chairs, other small things that matter to the gals) and lack of any real attempt to make conversation with new people.

Feb 24th 2013 new

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it worked the other way as well "physically fit men" versus "Mister 5 by 5". Unfortunately, we live in a culture that currently objectifies the physical in terms of size and not in terms of bone structure; ie the changeable and not the unchangeable. We also don't seem to value intelligence as much as we should - which would explain why the national IQ is going down, partly.

www.youtube.com

Feb 24th 2013 new

Lose weight and enjoy life

Feb 24th 2013 new

I've been on approximately 7 different diets in my lifetime, and you know what? I enjoy life much better when I'm off them. I give guys of all shapes and sizes a chance, and if they can't accord me this same respect they're not worth my time.

(Quote) Mary-853373 said: Lose weight and enjoy life
(Quote) Mary-853373 said:

Lose weight and enjoy life

--hide--

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Gayle-177908 said: So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or ar...
(Quote) Gayle-177908 said:

So I have recently noticed a common issue among men, especially Catholic men. Is it just me or are Catholic men especially picky when it comes to the "size" of the women they date? I have many different size Catholic friends and it seems that the only Catholic women that are single are the ones with a little more to love. I also know many single Catholic men (friends) and they have admitted to me that they are on the lookout for only thin women. Thoughts?

--hide--

I am not sure if what I'm saying is totally true; I usually think that overweight women have health issues and aren't as active and probably overeat. Since I would prefer someone healthy and active, I prefer someone not overweight.
Some overweight women might be sexually attractive and I usually consider everything about a woman when trying to decide to correspond with them...

Posts 11 - 20 of 200