Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Liberal Nun: ‘The Roman Catholic Church Is Probably One Of The Last Bastions Of Sexism

www.mrctv.org

Feb 24th 2013 new

Bernard:

I would say the church is sexist because they do not allow women priests. I know that it
follows the role of the apostles who followed Christ. I am not advocating the church change.
I am just pointing this out.

Men have no idea what an opportunity they could possibly have. Turning bread and wine
into the body and blood of Christ is one of the most magnificent events any person could
ever achieve.

Also, I see how much different men and women are treated in the hierarchy of the church.
Giving yourself to God, whether male or female, should be your life's goal, if you decide
to join the religious life, no matter your responsibilities. But there really is this old boy's
club mentality when you see all the men gathered for an event.

Truthfully, if I were a male, religious life would have a lot more appeal because
of this ability to say Mass.

Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Bernard:I would say the church is sexist because they do not allow women priests. I kn...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Bernard:

I would say the church is sexist because they do not allow women priests. I know that it
follows the role of the apostles who followed Christ. I am not advocating the church change.
I am just pointing this out.

Men have no idea what an opportunity they could possibly have. Turning bread and wine
into the body and blood of Christ is one of the most magnificent events any person could
ever achieve.

Also, I see how much different men and women are treated in the hierarchy of the church.
Giving yourself to God, whether male or female, should be your life's goal, if you decide
to join the religious life, no matter your responsibilities. But there really is this old boy's
club mentality when you see all the men gathered for an event.

Truthfully, if I were a male, religious life would have a lot more appeal because
of this ability to say Mass.

--hide--
It is not sexist it is reality and what has been from the beginning set by Jesus Christ who is God. I would say it is Godly, because this is who made it that way. I really worry when practicing Catholics start thinking this can change. It can not and it will not, If it does then it ceases to be the Catholic Church. The catholic Church is not of the world it is in the world and has the holy spirit of God in it and is Divine in it's thinking, not politically correct and never will be, if it is the Catholic Church that Jesus stated.

Feb 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Liberal Nun: ‘The Roman Catholic Church Is Probably One Of The Last Bastions Of Sexism htt...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Liberal Nun: ‘The Roman Catholic Church Is Probably One Of The Last Bastions Of Sexism

www.mrctv.org

--hide--

Radical feminists want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy. Their actions show that they are not satisfied with equality. I'd say they are more interested in supremacy.
Feb 24th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: Radical feminists want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy. Their actions show that they ...
(Quote) John-220051 said:

Radical feminists want to replace the patriarchy with a matriarchy. Their actions show that they are not satisfied with equality. I'd say they are more interested in supremacy.
--hide--

Interesting to note that feminist and "womanist" theologians learned liberation theology from priests.

Feb 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Interesting to note that feminist and "womanist" theologians learned liberation theology f...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Interesting to note that feminist and "womanist" theologians learned liberation theology from priests.

--hide--

The politicization of theology since Vatican II has destroyed much of the sense of the transcendant in Catholic culture.
Feb 24th 2013 new
Feminism should be called what it is: matriarchism.
Feb 25th 2013 new
I studied feminist issues in early college, although never as a college major. While I salute the feminists for bringing about some worthy changes for us younger women, e.g.,

-Access to professional work

-Freedom from sexual harassment on the job

-equal protection under the law

-the vote

I do not support, or even think about women being priests. It would be seemingly just as strange to me, as any other male Catholic of my age group.

What I do not support is the notion of woman as inherently evil.
Feb 25th 2013 new

It's important to remember that it's not the Catholic Church who doesn't allow women to be priests - it's God Himself Who wills that only men can be priests. Even if the Pope woke up one morning and decided to allow women to become priests, it's simply not possible, just like it's not possible for men to have babies, no matter how unfair that might seem.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: It's important to remember that it's not the Catholic Church who doesn't allow women to...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

It's important to remember that it's not the Catholic Church who doesn't allow women to be priests - it's God Himself Who wills that only men can be priests. Even if the Pope woke up one morning and decided to allow women to become priests, it's simply not possible, just like it's not possible for men to have babies, no matter how unfair that might seem.

--hide--

I know why women cannot be priests, I was just pointing out how lucky men are.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13