Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 27th 2013 new

Lord Jesus, please keep Brian safe and sober. May the soul of his dear, departed father rest in peace with You in heaven. And, please watch over all of Brian's family. Mother Mary, please hold Brian in Your loving arms and console him as a mother in this his time of need. theheart Praying rose

Feb 27th 2013 new

+

theheart Praying

Brian sometimes all we can pray is "Jesus help me" but it is always enough! He is ALWAYS there to help us. And we can ask for ALL the angels and saints to intercede for us as well, we don't even have to pick just one or two!

Jesus, I trust in You. I trust you will carry Brian through this difficult time. I pray His father is already in your loving embrace. Please bless Brian and his family as they continue to experience their grief over the loss of their beloved one.

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Praying theheart

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-765259 said: It is coming up on the year aniversary of my fathers death. It is a rough time for myself and my ...
(Quote) Brian-765259 said:

It is coming up on the year aniversary of my fathers death. It is a rough time for myself and my family yesterday a man came over whom he used to make maple suyrp with to collect some things. It brought back a flood of emotions for me because my dad died during sugaring season. I am also almost 5 months sober and I am having a difficult time with dealing with those emmotions as well. Please pray for the soul of Bob D. my father anf for my family and for me

--hide--
Brian congratulations on being sober for 5 months. Keep it up and just stay strong. Don't let the flood of emotions be an excuse to fall back into old habits. Crying is good and it's healthy for you to get all the emotions out. Is there something your family is doing or could do to honor your fathers memory? Do you know how to make maple syrup? Maybe you could get together with some of his old buddies and make some syrup then invite friends and family over for Sunday pancakes? I don't know, I just trying to give you idea's. My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

Feb 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Praying for you all Brian. You can do it...beat the alcohol addiction! Talk to the,people who are close...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: Praying for you all Brian. You can do it...beat the alcohol addiction! Talk to the,people who are close to you. Every year on my Mom's anniversary, we all get together (albeit telephone conference) and tell our favorite memory that year. It turned out to be quite healing and funny because we all had different memories. You can do it!! Eileen
--hide--
Eileen I like that you and your siblings keep your mothers memory alive by sharing stories.

Feb 28th 2013 new
Praying
Feb 28th 2013 new

Praying theheart

Feb 28th 2013 new

Brian, big hugs and prayers. You will make it through this dark period. :-).

Feb 28th 2013 new

Praying

Feb 28th 2013 new

Offering prayers for you, Brian. Dealing with your Dad's death can be very difficult. Try to remember the love he had for you. Try to work on forgiving him and yourself for those incidents where you feel unrest and unhappiness.

Congratulations on 5 months sober ! Just take one day at a time. You are blazing a new trail in your life. Keep our Lord by your side. !

Prayers, also, for your friend !

Feb 28th 2013 new

Offering prayers for you, Brian. Dealing with your Dad's death can be very difficult. Try to remember the love he had for you. Try to work on forgiving him and yourself for those incidents where you feel unrest and unhappiness.

Congratulations on 5 months sober ! Just take one day at a time. You are blazing a new trail in your life. Keep our Lord by your side. !

Prayers, also, for your friend !

Posts 21 - 30 of 38