Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: A novena for the suppression of the Jesuits is in order once a new Pope is in place.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

A novena for the suppression of the Jesuits is in order once a new Pope is in place.
--hide--

According to Webster Tarpley, Cardinal Gasparo Contarini of Venice backed the creation of the Society of Jesus as an intelligence wing of the Venetian oligarchy. At one time I would've thought that claim crazy, but the Jesuits really do seem to have acted throughout their history as some sort of intelligence-gathering and subversive organization. No surprise that they were at the forefront of the New Theology.

02/28/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: According to Webster Tarpley, Cardinal Gasparo Contarini of Venice backed the creation of...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

According to Webster Tarpley, Cardinal Gasparo Contarini of Venice backed the creation of the Society of Jesus as an intelligence wing of the Venetian oligarchy. At one time I would've thought that claim crazy, but the Jesuits really do seem to have acted throughout their history as some sort of intelligence-gathering and subversive organization. No surprise that they were at the forefront of the New Theology.

--hide--

I guess I must've missed that memo. Care to elaborate?

03/01/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: A novena for the suppression of the Jesuits is in order once a new Pope is in place.

A novena for the suppression of the Jesuits is in order once a new Pope is in place.
--hide--

The Jesuits need to be reformed, not suppressed.

03/02/2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The Jesuits need to be reformed, not suppressed.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The Jesuits need to be reformed, not suppressed.

--hide--

The order is too corrupt to reform.
03/02/2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The order is too corrupt to reform.

The order is too corrupt to reform.
--hide--

The Jesuits spread liberation theology to foment internal crises in Latin American countries in the 1970s and 80s. The Jesuits are a clandestine group of agent-provacateurs masquerading as a religious order. I realize that not all Jesuits are evil, but at the top the order is at war against both Church and state.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The Jesuits spread liberation theology to foment internal crises in Latin American cou...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The Jesuits spread liberation theology to foment internal crises in Latin American countries in the 1970s and 80s. The Jesuits are a clandestine group of agent-provacateurs masquerading as a religious order. I realize that not all Jesuits are evil, but at the top the order is at war against both Church and state.

--hide--

Let it go and work on personal holiness instead of making yourself and others both miserable and abjectly discouraged. WHOSE work do you think you're doing when you post these disparaging threads and comments? God's???

Drop it. Ignore it. Use your time and devote your will to falling in love with God. The rest wilol take care of itself. Dispair over the servants will prevent you from getting closer to the master. For the love of God focus on what's good!!

03/03/2013 new

"Look for Christ Our Lord in everyone and you will then have respect and reverence for all."

- St Teresa of Avila

It's an INSIDE JOB. Once we ourselves begin to change for the better, our attitude and outlook towards others also changes for the better.

03/03/2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Let it go and work on personal holiness instead of making yourself and others both m...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Let it go and work on personal holiness instead of making yourself and others both miserable and abjectly discouraged. WHOSE work do you think you're doing when you post these disparaging threads and comments? God's???

Drop it. Ignore it. Use your time and devote your will to falling in love with God. The rest wilol take care of itself. Dispair over the servants will prevent you from getting closer to the master. For the love of God focus on what's good!!

--hide--

Stick head in sand! Check!

03/03/2013 new
This was an interesting article. As a former Evangelical Protestant who converted to Catholicism "saw the light" as I call it--I can understand some of what he is saying. There is a lack of teaching on Biblical issues within certain parishes, undoubtedly. But, there is also a lack within certain Protestant--even Protestant Evangelical--churches. On thing that people should realize is that is is no one's responsibility to teach your child the Word of God, proper Doctrine, morals, values, etc. but the parents' responsibility. People should not think that by sending their children to Catholic school that they will come out with the way they intentioned--which is often with a sense of right from wrong and an understanding of the Truth. I know plenty of cradle Catholics who are more ignorant about the Church, Christianity, Catholicism, and morality than I ever have been. At the end of the day, attending Mass and a Catholic education (if that is what one chooses for their child) is only meant to reinforce--not REPLACE--what it is the parents' duty to teach. Children are a gift from God and one day their caretakers (which are usually the parents) will be held responsible by God for the teaching and upbringing they did or did not give them. Now, once children reach a certain age, they may go their own way. This is inevitable. However, a good Catholic, doctrinally-sound foundation should begin before the child is even conceived (eg praying for that child) and continued throughout their upbringing. The parents are the ones to blame here, not the Church or individual parishes.
03/03/2013 new

(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: However, a good Catholic, doctrinally-sound foundation should begin before the child is even conceive...
(Quote) Tiffiany-902101 said: However, a good Catholic, doctrinally-sound foundation should begin before the child is even conceived (eg praying for that child) and continued throughout their upbringing. The parents are the ones to blame here, not the Church or individual parishes.
--hide--

Amen! It's too easy to blame the pastor, the parish council, lousy music, bland icons, etc. Even if parents bring their children to Mass each Sunday and send them to Catholic school, if their hearts aren't in it, their kids will pick up on that and learn to think that God and prayer is a waste of time.

I'm reminded of G.K. Chesterton, who once was asked, 'What's wrong with the world?' and he replied 'I am'. I think the same can be said for the problems of the Church.

Posts 41 - 50 of 65