Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: Donna, he did explain it to me. And it is legitimate. That does not change his age!
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

Donna, he did explain it to me. And it is legitimate. That does not change his age!

--hide--

Tell him about this Friday's Dinner at Hamburg Bonefish. You also attend. Pete, I, and the other men will "evaluate" him and let you know if he's serious about pursuing you.

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Laurel I am no expert but 20 years does seem significant. In my search I go 6 years in both...
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Laurel I am no expert but 20 years does seem significant. In my search I go 6 years in both directions. My friends mentioned a rule of 10. I picked 6 because I got some views from folks with a 6 year difference on CM.

--hide--
Well Al, I barely make your cut!!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing
Seriously, thanks for your input!

02/25/2013 new

The woman that I'm currently courting on here frequently gets messaged, emoted, and chat requested (not exaggerating) by men who are about 10 to 20 years older than her, and she thinks its pretty creepy for lack of a better word. laughing I'd kinda feel the same way if I was messaged in a more than friendly way by someone who was old enough to be my mom. Haha. I think its different when it comes to online dating and real life dating and it really comes down to the person you are interested in and if they are comfortable with the age gap.

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: Well Al, I barely make your cut!!!! Seriously, thanks for your input!

Well Al, I barely make your cut!!!!
Seriously, thanks for your input!

--hide--

Laurel I think Bob is on to something he has your back and the home field advantage.

P.S. I hope he is not on CM wink

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: Yes, at this age (55) 20 years is a BIG difference. But, that being said....that is where I am a...

Yes, at this age (55) 20 years is a BIG difference. But, that being said....that is where I am at! He is on administrative leave as a deacon from the church and has put his eye one me --- I have tried saying many things but it just isn't coming across. I don't want to be mean or ugly but how do you make a man understand?

--hide--

If he is a Catholic gentleman, he would listen to you and get your message. If he is not, then a straightforward conversation(as in: I'm not interested in any relationship with you. Good-bye.) is in order. That isn't mean or ugly...just direct and true to you!
The sooner you do it, the better you'll feel.

02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I...

I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I am not sure what I think of the age difference. Since there is much more wisdom on this site than I have, I was wondering if there is anything in the bible or an example of such a thing. This may have been a topic that has been discussed before but it just came up in my life. Words of wisdom and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

--hide--

Only part of the bible, that I can think of that even mentions age between a husband and wife, is in Genesis between Abram and Sari. Abram was a 100 and Sari was 90 when she gave birth to their child. Genesis 17

www.biblegateway.com

02/25/2013 new

Love is what matters hug

02/25/2013 new
I hope he isn't either!
02/25/2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I...

I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I am not sure what I think of the age difference. Since there is much more wisdom on this site than I have, I was wondering if there is anything in the bible or an example of such a thing. This may have been a topic that has been discussed before but it just came up in my life. Words of wisdom and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

--hide--

Hi Laurel,

I had to kind of giggle once I started thinking about this. When I was 18 I went out with a gentleman who was 45, although he was probably more like a fifteen year old in some ways. Ironically, my mother didn't freak out about that too much and it never was anything more serious than dinner and movies and an occasional motorcycle ride - he had a big touring bike - but don't tell my mom about that lol.

Right now I can not feel funny about ten years older, but I start to wonder a bit about ten years younger lol. . .they are almost as close to my kiddos' ages as my own. But, a few years younger might not be so bad. I was thirteen months older than my late husband and he never let me forget it lol. And, there is a gentleman in town who was widowed about a year before I was, whom I would probably go out with and just realized he's 17 years my senior. So, I am guessing this hasn't been too helpful lol. I am generally comfortable with between six and ten older, but that isn't firm, and I start to get a little uncertain going the opposite direction once they are say under 40. But, I don't think I'm ruling anyone out :-), because you just never know.

02/25/2013 new

Great idea!

Posts 11 - 20 of 72