Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I've noticed several guys here on CM who are looking to somehow extend (or regain) their yout...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I've noticed several guys here on CM who are looking to somehow extend (or regain) their youth by marrying a woman 10 or 20 years younger.

--hide--

Did these men tell you their motivation for seeking a younger spouse, or are you expression your own opinoin here?

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: LOL, Peter, this is hilarious . I needed this today. Now I am afraid to ask what 'DOM' sta...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

LOL, Peter, this is hilarious . I needed this today. Now I am afraid to ask what 'DOM' stands for; please don't say it is "dominate" (as opposed to "submissive").

--hide--

I suspect he means Dirty Old Man

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I am not sure what I think of the age difference. Since there is much more wisdom on this site than I have, I was wondering if there is anything in the bible or an example of such a thing. This may have been a topic that has been discussed before but it just came up in my life. Words of wisdom and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

--hide--

Laurel, I would like to be idealistic and say age doesn't matter. And sometimes (SOMETIMES) it really doesn't. But the truth is, I get approached by men here, the majority of the time they are in their 50's. It is just too old for me. My lifestyle and activity level is just way too young. I also look pretty young for my age. When I look at these older men...and sometimes they are just a couple of years old...I think 'yikes- this guy looks older than my parents!'

Just sayen it like it is. sorry.

Feb 25th 2013 new

Laurel,

Personally, I will not generally go any more than 5 years either way. There are exceptions to that I am sure. But I have not met a man that much older than me, who I would want to date or marry. I can't think of what I would have in common with them. But it does depend on the individual and I would have to be attracted to them to even consider it. I have met a couple of younger men who I have gone out with but the age difference was only 4 years.

I think everyone needs to make their own decision on each person. Best wishes for a hard decision.

Feb 25th 2013 new

If I was receiving unwanted attention from a man, I would tell him directly and without smiling that I am not attracted to him and that I will not date him, so that he might not confuse my "no" to mean in reality a potential "yes" that he has to work hard at getting. irked

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: LOL, Peter, this is hilarious . I needed this today. Now I am afraid to ask what '...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

LOL, Peter, this is hilarious . I needed this today. Now I am afraid to ask what 'DOM' stands for; please don't say it is "dominate" (as opposed to "submissive").

--hide--
Joan, DOM is short for dirty old man. shocked fez

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Did these men tell you their motivation for seeking a younger spouse, or are you expressi...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Did these men tell you their motivation for seeking a younger spouse, or are you expression your own opinoin here?

--hide--
Jerry, it's my never-to-be-humble opinion! I've seen plenty of old geezers my age and older with arm candy half their age, and they look rather foolish. Same with a guy who's 40 and wants a 20 year old.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said:20 years does mean a lot at 55 or 60.. My dad is 84. There is no way I'm going to date an 80 year ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:
20 years does mean a lot at 55 or 60.. My dad is 84. There is no way I'm going to date an 80 year old man. And I know you won't either..

--hide--

I have to agree with you My oldest daughter is going to be 44 in a few months

Steve wave

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Joan, DOM is short for dirty old man.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Joan, DOM is short for dirty old man.

--hide--

Somebody was thinking WRONG !! He is a SSC

Steve wave

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I am not sure what I think of the age difference. Since there is much more wisdom on this site than I have, I was wondering if there is anything in the bible or an example of such a thing. This may have been a topic that has been discussed before but it just came up in my life. Words of wisdom and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

--hide--

Go with your gut. You have the answer within yourself. Don't overthink it, just go with your gut. If he's too old then tell him you're not interested. If you're interested in him then go for it.

Posts 31 - 40 of 72