Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 26th 2013 new

It can be creepy but sometimes there are women seeking men up to or more than 10 years older than them. I can provide and am a lot more stable than I was 5 or 6 years ago and you are also younger. The older you are the more the range expands from what others tell me. I prefer someone about 26-33 and I am 30 but I would be willing to date someone younger and older than that if it was worth it. I like people with jobs though so thats more of a factor than age. I also heard this way of doing it:
For People mid 20's and up. Divide your age in half and add 7 for the youngest you should ever go. I think its not exact but it was interesting to think about it lol...

(Quote) John-917143 said: The woman that I'm currently courting on here frequently gets messaged, emoted, and chat reque...
(Quote) John-917143 said:

The woman that I'm currently courting on here frequently gets messaged, emoted, and chat requested (not exaggerating) by men who are about 10 to 20 years older than her, and she thinks its pretty creepy for lack of a better word. I'd kinda feel the same way if I was messaged in a more than friendly way by someone who was old enough to be my mom. Haha. I think its different when it comes to online dating and real life dating and it really comes down to the person you are interested in and if they are comfortable with the age gap.

--hide--

Feb 26th 2013 new

Yeah, I think St Thomas More was given his friends daughter in marriage. He witnessed her birth as an adult and married her when she came of age. Thats creepy to me, even though he's my patron!

(Quote) Andrew-560653 said: Only part of the bible, that I can think of that even mentions age between a h...
(Quote) Andrew-560653 said:

Only part of the bible, that I can think of that even mentions age between a husband and wife, is in Genesis between Abram and Sari. Abram was a 100 and Sari was 90 when she gave birth to their child. Genesis 17

www.biblegateway.com

--hide--

Feb 26th 2013 new

My late husband was 21 years older than I--but we were married for 25 years before he died. There were times when the age difference was a problem, but never major until his last 2-3 years when our sex life suffered and he became more ill. But I would never trade in a minute. Even his passing was a joy to me-to be able to care for him and help him move to eternity. This is not to say that being a widow at about the age you are now has not been challenging. And I continue to miss him terribly. My husband died when he was 78. Are you prepare to fall in love, and give your life to a man who may be checking out in the next few years? I don't think I could do it again.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Loretta-867522 saidAre you prepare to fall in love, and give your life to a man who may be checking out in the next few yea...
(Quote) Loretta-867522 saidAre you prepare to fall in love, and give your life to a man who may be checking out in the next few years?

--hide--

A few years ago, a powerful Post, from a CM woman, went something like this....if I fell in true love, and knew if I married, that (s)he would die one year after we married, I'd marry her/ him anyway.

How many of us are fortunate to find a true, loyal, trusting, God-centered Love? If we're fortunate enough to find that Love, it would be unwise to let anything (age difference, health issue, a dangerous occupation, etc) stand in the way of a marriage..

Feb 26th 2013 new

Age diffence to me means the couple must be compatible in romance and spiritual development. That's about it. If you two are hitting it off, that's why we're all here on CM! Hey a date or two would be just fine. Go from there.

Feb 26th 2013 new

I agree with the sentiment, but for me, at this moment, less than 2 years after my husband's death, I am not able to do it again; emotionally or spiritually. I am still putting myself back together and learning to be alone again. But the sentiment is absolutely right on the money.

Feb 26th 2013 new

Actually, Bob, there's at least one person in the Widow(er)s room who DID marry someone they knew wouldn't live for very long. God bless those who take the risks!

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:"I want to thank you for extending your kindness to me. After all I have been through, I gues...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:"I want to thank you for extending your kindness to me. After all I have been through, I guess I am not truly ready for a relationship but am willing to extend my friendship to all. I have many things in my heart that I want to do and I feel like God's hand is with me and in it."
--hide--

That's a great response.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: You said the magic word.. Deacon.. He is not supposed to date or marry as a deacon.. ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

You said the magic word.. Deacon.. He is not supposed to date or marry as a deacon.. Administrative leave does not give him permission to do so.. And what did he do to get on Administrative leave? Don't answer that question. But those two things would be enough to cut off communication immediately regardless of age.

--hide--

I agree with you Donna. As I understand a "Deacon" is not suppose to marry even date. For a deacon to be on Administrative leave implies something! To me that's a red flag.

Feb 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Laurel-904204 said: I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I...
(Quote) Laurel-904204 said:

I ask this question because I have been approached by a gentleman who is much older than I and I am not sure what I think of the age difference. Since there is much more wisdom on this site than I have, I was wondering if there is anything in the bible or an example of such a thing. This may have been a topic that has been discussed before but it just came up in my life. Words of wisdom and thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

--hide--

When it comes to age, Age shouldn't really matter as long as both parties understand each other and get along very well. The saying goes: "Age is only a number, you are as old as you feel or as young as you feel". A good example from the bible is our blessed mother Virgin Mary and her spouse St. Joseph...they have a very big age difference. Having said that, as I read the threads along, I found out that the man you are referring to is a "Deacon" scratchchin boggled If he approached you and wants you to be as only a friend with no strings attached, that will be ok. But if his approach is leading toward a personal relationship level and wants to date you....? In my opinion, you should not go for that. To me I will NOT date a deacon for God's sake rolling eyes I pray for you Laurel that God will enlighten you and guide you. Praying theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 72