Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 25th 2013 new

It's not that I implacably oppose pants but skirts are just a key signal that a woman is feminine which is one of the top things I look for. In a small way, it reveals an awareness of her difference and uniqueness compared to men. As said, night on the town and it's not too cold, skirt's a very good sign. If she wears pants, it's not the end. Modest skirts are just incredibly enchanting since they reveal less skin and can reveal much more about the character and grace of a woman.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Justin-17347 said: It's not that I implacably oppose pants but skirts are just a key signal that a woman is femi...
(Quote) Justin-17347 said:

It's not that I implacably oppose pants but skirts are just a key signal that a woman is feminine which is one of the top things I look for. In a small way, it reveals an awareness of her difference and uniqueness compared to men. As said, night on the town and it's not too cold, skirt's a very good sign. If she wears pants, it's not the end. Modest skirts are just incredibly enchanting since they reveal less skin and can reveal much more about the character and grace of a woman.

--hide--
Justin, this is the type of information we women (young and not so young) want and need to hear. Thank you for sharing.

Feb 25th 2013 new

Okay, okay, so this is not a male opinion. However, I love skirts! I also love pants! I truly believe femininity is not displayed via what we wear, but how we, as women, carry ourselves. It's in our gentleness, caring, our smile, our attitude, and everything else. After all, Eve didn't have any clothes on at first (haha...?), and of course she was distinct from Adam. Skirts are beautiful. I have also seen women look stunningly beautiful and graceful in a pair of nice dress pants or a nice pair of jeans with a nice top. It's all in how you wear it too, which has to do with how you carry yourself (I think).

Anyway, there's always a time and place for anything :)

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Noemi-900477 said: Okay, okay, so this is not a male opinion. However, I love skirts! I also love pants! I truly bel...
(Quote) Noemi-900477 said:

Okay, okay, so this is not a male opinion. However, I love skirts! I also love pants! I truly believe femininity is not displayed via what we wear, but how we, as women, carry ourselves. It's in our gentleness, caring, our smile, our attitude, and everything else. After all, Eve didn't have any clothes on at first (haha...?), and of course she was distinct from Adam. Skirts are beautiful. I have also seen women look stunningly beautiful and graceful in a pair of nice dress pants or a nice pair of jeans with a nice top. It's all in how you wear it too, which has to do with how you carry yourself (I think).

Anyway, there's always a time and place for anything :)

--hide--
I love the young spirit! Thanks, Noemi. The question posed in this post is to allow the gentlemen to express themselves, and we women in turn gain a better understanding of their likes and dislikes. We're looking for the male perspective on what they consider feminine. Next time you attend Mass look around and count how many women are wearing skirts/dresses. Very few... wink

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.

--hide--

I prefer dresses or casual dresses and skirts for many social occasions, including holidays, special events, dances, dinner parties, and Mass. I am not a fan of the boots and skirt look unless the overall effect is to be equestrian in appearance. However, I prefer shorts or capris over jeans for most casual activities unless the jeans are worn rolled up (i.e. 1950s style).

Quite honestly, women don't look like women much any more. I don't like the extremes, though, where skirts are worn when impractical (i.e. to NYE party when it is 10 degrees with blowing snow) or to athletic events. I was born too late. I would have loved the post-war era, when women wore a dress most places unless they were going to be active. This is weird, but I'm one of the guys who doesn't necessarily find long hair that beautiful---I had a co-worker 15 years ago who did that whole Princess Aurora set hair and it took her 30 minutes or more to achieve. Same thing with a gal who worked for me in a management position--if she was working that night, she had electric rollers in over her lunch hour. I'd prefer the Grace Kelly/Rosemary Clooney/Mary Tyler Moore to the shoulder style that women can brush into place themselves at home with minimum maintenance. I also like the Audrey Hepburn or Ava Gardner crops from their early careers, but if women wear short hair, they DEFINITELY need to make extra efforts to appear feminine, instead of butch.

Feb 25th 2013 new

Keep in mind that my favorite clothing in the world is a dri-fit shirt and athletic shorts----I could LIVE in shorts and a t-shirt (should have been a PE teacher). However, I know that style was NOT acceptable for civvies when they were permitted when I was mobilized. I came out of the Navy dressing pretty professionally, but let that slide when I moved from state government (for the Guard) positions to my current CEO job. . . and then I discovered an ex-Marine who has online recommendations on professional appearance for men. I'm finding myself in better favor with people in the public by wearing business casual/business dress more regularly, or ties or a blazer when I do wear nice jeans for situations. . . I'm getting more respect from employees and other business people (even when they wear jeans to work). . . so, this ex-Marine is right. . . appearance can help!

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: I prefer dresses or casual dresses and skirts for many social occasions, including hol...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

I prefer dresses or casual dresses and skirts for many social occasions, including holidays, special events, dances, dinner parties, and Mass. I am not a fan of the boots and skirt look unless the overall effect is to be equestrian in appearance. However, I prefer shorts or capris over jeans for most casual activities unless the jeans are worn rolled up (i.e. 1950s style).

Quite honestly, women don't look like women much any more. I don't like the extremes, though, where skirts are worn when impractical (i.e. to NYE party when it is 10 degrees with blowing snow) or to athletic events. I was born too late. I would have loved the post-war era, when women wore a dress most places unless they were going to be active. This is weird, but I'm one of the guys who doesn't necessarily find long hair that beautiful---I had a co-worker 15 years ago who did that whole Princess Aurora set hair and it took her 30 minutes or more to achieve. Same thing with a gal who worked for me in a management position--if she was working that night, she had electric rollers in over her lunch hour. I'd prefer the Grace Kelly/Rosemary Clooney/Mary Tyler Moore to the shoulder style that women can brush into place themselves at home with minimum maintenance. I also like the Audrey Hepburn or Ava Gardner crops from their early careers, but if women wear short hair, they DEFINITELY need to make extra efforts to appear feminine, instead of butch.

--hide--
I agree with you. I miss the time of coordinating my outfits with accessories to attend church, parties and the office. I've seen women in pajamas walking about in public and I think it is awful. boggled

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: Keep in mind that my favorite clothing in the world is a dri-fit shirt and athletic shorts----I co...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

Keep in mind that my favorite clothing in the world is a dri-fit shirt and athletic shorts----I could LIVE in shorts and a t-shirt (should have been a PE teacher). However, I know that style was NOT acceptable for civvies when they were permitted when I was mobilized. I came out of the Navy dressing pretty professionally, but let that slide when I moved from state government (for the Guard) positions to my current CEO job. . . and then I discovered an ex-Marine who has online recommendations on professional appearance for men. I'm finding myself in better favor with people in the public by wearing business casual/business dress more regularly, or ties or a blazer when I do wear nice jeans for situations. . . I'm getting more respect from employees and other business people (even when they wear jeans to work). . . so, this ex-Marine is right. . . appearance can help!

--hide--
It certainly does.

Feb 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Skirts are nice.Very feminine.More modest too.
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Skirts are nice.Very feminine.More modest too.

--hide--

Does the skirt have to be brushing my ankles for ya Bernard? mischievous laughing

Feb 25th 2013 new

i'm not dating clothing but a smile is always nice

Posts 11 - 20 of 136