Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Mar 7th 2013 new

Men prefer that women dress in an attractive and feminine manner, so they enjoy seeing women in skirts and dresses; highlighting (and celebrating) the natural differences between the sexes is a good thing.

Mar 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Noemi-900477 said: Okay, okay, so this is not a male opinion. However, I love skirts! I also love pants! I truly bel...
(Quote) Noemi-900477 said:

Okay, okay, so this is not a male opinion. However, I love skirts! I also love pants! I truly believe femininity is not displayed via what we wear, but how we, as women, carry ourselves. It's in our gentleness, caring, our smile, our attitude, and everything else. After all, Eve didn't have any clothes on at first (haha...?), and of course she was distinct from Adam. Skirts are beautiful. I have also seen women look stunningly beautiful and graceful in a pair of nice dress pants or a nice pair of jeans with a nice top. It's all in how you wear it too, which has to do with how you carry yourself (I think).

Anyway, there's always a time and place for anything :)

--hide--

You definitely hit the nail on the head with that one. In terms of looking nice, sure, I think dresses in general look nice on most women. Still, if I'm really crazy about someone, I could care less if she's wearing a dress, a skirt, or a pair of jeans. Clothes definitely make an impression, but like Daniel said, you're not dating clothing ;)

Mar 9th 2013 new

I think it's pretty interesting that some men are bold enough to publish their likes in regards to female dress...and no, I don't see how it could be construed as sexist in the least.

Also...not sure why some women are reluctant to wear a skirt regardless of the activity or weather. I find that smart decision making can keep one always comfortable in a skirt, whether cutting & splitting wood, gardening, doing piecework on a lathe, mill, etc., hiking, riding a motorcycle or bicycle...or whether it's -20 F.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I think it's pretty interesting that some men are bold enough to publish their likes in reg...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

I think it's pretty interesting that some men are bold enough to publish their likes in regards to female dress...and no, I don't see how it could be construed as sexist in the least.

Also...not sure why some women are reluctant to wear a skirt regardless of the activity or weather. I find that smart decision making can keep one always comfortable in a skirt, whether cutting & splitting wood, gardening, doing piecework on a lathe, mill, etc., hiking, riding a motorcycle or bicycle...or whether it's -20 F.

--hide--

You know, Chelsea, my friends in college always used to say that wearing skirts was too cold...and I never understood that. Skirts can be just was warm if you are wearing them properly...say not a long cotton skirt on a rainy January morning.

The youngest kids in my family are 3 boys and a girl, I once looked out the back window to seem them running around yelling carring their toy rifles...and there was my sister, 5 years old, yelling and weilding a blunderbuss in a long colorful skirt with ribbons in her hair and a baby doll strapped to her back with a scarf...and I thought, "she's gonna be a really wonderful lady someday."

I feel more pretty and feminie when I'm in a skirt than when I'm in jeans. Which is more attractive? ankle length or knee length?

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.

--hide--

I have been reading this thread since it first appeared. But it has just now struck me. The question you asked in the title of the thread is, "Do men prefer women who wear dresses/skirts as opposed to pants?"

But all the answers by men (as well as the comments of the women who have responded) deal solely with whether men prefer SEEING women wear pants or dresses/skirts.

None have actually aswered the question as asked.

No one has stated that they would CHOOSE a women who wears dresses/skirts over one who wears pants or vice versa.

Personally, I prefer SEEING a women in a dress or skirt. But I would never CHOOSE a women based on what she wore. Unless under no circumstances would the women wear a dress or skirt. A very unlikely occurrence in a heterosexual woman.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: I have been reading this thread since it first appeared. But it has just now struck me. T...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

I have been reading this thread since it first appeared. But it has just now struck me. The question you asked in the title of the thread is, "Do men prefer women who wear dresses/skirts as opposed to pants?"

But all the answers by men (as well as the comments of the women who have responded) deal solely with whether men prefer SEEING women wear pants or dresses/skirts.

None have actually aswered the question as asked.

No one has stated that they would CHOOSE a women who wears dresses/skirts over one who wears pants or vice versa.

Personally, I prefer SEEING a women in a dress or skirt. But I would never CHOOSE a women based on what she wore. Unless under no circumstances would the women wear a dress or skirt. A very unlikely occurrence in a heterosexual woman.

--hide--

If this all hinges upon what is modest, I would say that I'd whole-heartedly support any man who refuses to socialize with or date a woman who is not modest. Modesty, in part, is manifested in how another person attires himself; it is seen markedly in those who know how to protect their bodies from weather, work/duty, and preserve privacy and intimacy. If a woman wears in public the type of attire which reveals all of what ought to remain hidden for the pleasure of family and the intimacy of the husband alone, then I'd say to men, "Run away as fast as you can!"

The woman a man chooses is the "type" for his daughters. If the woman a man is considering deliberately wears strappy high-heels in six inches of snow, there is something seriously wrong with her planning abilities...and the man should run away. If she neglects to wear coat and gloves when the weather demands it, she's obviously not fit to be taking care of children, and shouldn't be considered further. If she can't figure out how to wear a skirt (and that's all that my female family members in Lithuania wore in winter), look feminine and stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, she's really not much of a woman.

I mean...do men want daughters raised by women who do not know how to live well?? What sort of a help to society is that to turn out more dysfunctional women?

Another important thing about modesty is how it protects the inner person (privacy and intimacy of family life). If a woman reveals her secret beauty to all, then how is she making a total gift of herself to her husband? That's like buying a new bicycle for a ten-year-old boy and letting all the neighborhood people ride it before it is given to the boy for whom it is intended. It's obviously not going to make the gift feel very special at all to the boy. This is what I think of when I see the profile pictures of CM women baring lots of skin...or their scrapbook photos in very revealing clothing.

If a woman's trousers are actually modest, then I don't see a problem with her wearing them...nor why it would discount her in a man's eyes, versus whether she wears modest skirts. But the vast majority of women do not wear modest trousers, but rather something akin to leg-paint alone.

So, I'd say there should be two considerations in regard to women's attire:

1. Is it how you want to see your daughters?

2. Is it modest?

I think it's perfectly fine to discount a woman based upon what she wears in public, if what she wears is immodest. Most people won't agree, but oh, well.

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Christopher-804542 said: Whatever she wears, her essence will shine right on through.. you just can't miss uniqu...
(Quote) Christopher-804542 said:

Whatever she wears, her essence will shine right on through.. you just can't miss unique and genuine femininity: you know it when you see it.

I've seen women catch every man's eye in the area wearing ballroom dresses, leather motorcycling gear, yoga pants, skirts, habits, soccer cleats, flowery sun dresses, uniforms, swimsuits, bib overalls, business suits, and jeans.

That said, there is something special to be said for a nice dress on a beautiful woman..

--hide--

Yeah for genuine masculinity and looking beyond outward appearance, thanks Christopher! I love to dress 'like a lady' but a lot of days it's not practical in my profession:)

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: If this all hinges upon what is modest, I would say that I'd whole-heartedly suppor...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

If this all hinges upon what is modest, I would say that I'd whole-heartedly support any man who refuses to socialize with or date a woman who is not modest. Modesty, in part, is manifested in how another person attires himself; it is seen markedly in those who know how to protect their bodies from weather, work/duty, and preserve privacy and intimacy. If a woman wears in public the type of attire which reveals all of what ought to remain hidden for the pleasure of family and the intimacy of the husband alone, then I'd say to men, "Run away as fast as you can!"

--hide--

I too have been following this post and come back to check it every couple of days.

Excellent post Chelsea, you are wise beyond your years, perhaps there is hope for us yet!

Rick

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: I feel more pretty and feminie when I'm in a skirt than when I'm in jeans. Which is more ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

I feel more pretty and feminie when I'm in a skirt than when I'm in jeans. Which is more attractive? ankle length or knee length?

--hide--

Knee length. Makes a woman more mysterious to a man.

Rick

Mar 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rick-922555 said: Ankle length. Makes a woman more mysterious to a man. Rick <...
(Quote) Rick-922555 said:

Ankle length. Makes a woman more mysterious to a man.

Rick

--hide--

Posts 121 - 130 of 136