Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/26/2013 new

I like knee length skirts. When weather and whatever else permits, I think I prefer them over jeans.

02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.

--hide--

Either dresses/skirts or pants/jeans are fine by me. Okay, maybe I have a slight preference to pants/jeans because they reveal a lady's figure better....

02/26/2013 new

I guess I would prefer skirts because that is the most common thing to see. However if Women feel they would rather express themselves in pants such as in a professional setting (or otherwise) than that would be fine. In some instances I feel it may indicate maturity wearing pants. It just depends on the person or the situation.

02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

OK, gentlemen-- let's hear what you really like.

--hide--
I want to thank all of you who have responded. Your thoughts are much appreciated. I just received a private message from one of the ladies here at CM who was disappointed I posted (in her words) a "chauvinistic" thread. I certainly did not do this to upset anyone. If anyone else feels the way she does, I truly apologise. So far, the men who've posted on this topic have expressed themselves in a very gentlemanly way. How do I feel about this person's reprimand? I lived through the "burn your bra" era and never once followed that sort of think. Actually, as a contemporary Catholic woman, I wear both, and the way I see it, is if we are to understand what the male populace is looking for in a potential wife, then we need to understand them. Too many threads on this site go on an on about criticizing the men and vice versa. Should one of the gents on this site ask about what women like to see men wear (sports clothing, suit and tie, jeans, hoodies, etc.), would that be crossing the line? I don't think so. God bless. theheart

02/26/2013 new

depends on the woman, depends on the dress/skirt, depends on the pants. No hard and fast rule.

PLEASE don't let this thread disintegrate into another ridiculous and idiotic condemnation of women who wear pants.

shhh

02/26/2013 new

Nilda, I don't think you should worry. I've rather enjoyed reading the responses, as I'm sure others have as well! Perhaps it would have turned out bad if you had asked "What do you require your women to wear?" Haha! And all the men's responses I have seen have been very respectful. It could possibly go awry if people start disrespectfully criticizing the pants-wearing-women of the world, but that would be no one's fault but that poster. Anyway, you can't please everyone!

02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Noemi-900477 said: Nilda, I don't think you should worry. I've rather enjoyed reading the responses, as I...
(Quote) Noemi-900477 said:

Nilda, I don't think you should worry. I've rather enjoyed reading the responses, as I'm sure others have as well! Perhaps it would have turned out bad if you had asked "What do you require your women to wear?" Haha! And all the men's responses I have seen have been very respectful. It could possibly go awry if people start disrespectfully criticizing the pants-wearing-women of the world, but that would be no one's fault but that poster. Anyway, you can't please everyone!

--hide--
Ah! The young and wise. So cool to hear from the young. hug

02/26/2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: depends on the woman, depends on the dress/skirt, depends on the pants. No hard and fast rule. PL...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

depends on the woman, depends on the dress/skirt, depends on the pants. No hard and fast rule.

PLEASE don't let this thread disintegrate into another ridiculous and idiotic condemnation of women who wear pants.

--hide--
As a woman who generally wears pants--very sensible for the majority of our weather and my job-- Thanks David
02/26/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: As a woman who generally wears pants--very sensible for the majority of our weather and my job-- Tha...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: As a woman who generally wears pants--very sensible for the majority of our weather and my job-- Thanks David
--hide--

you're very welcome.

such silly and anachronistic rules we impose on ourselves and others. many times pants are more feminine than skirts or dresses. also more modest.

02/26/2013 new

I enjoyed reading this thread too! I always wondered if men thought skirts/dresses were nice or being a bit "old fashioned"...I'm a warm weather skirt girl...or fancy occasion wink

Posts 41 - 50 of 136